Sukha and Jinda?

sabnakeerenka

I've just read somewhere that Sukha and Jinda were actually excommunicated from the panth and were not allowed to receive Amrit whilst in jail before their Shaheedi.

I obviously am unaware of the complete circumstances that surrounded their Shaheedi (I know they assassinated General Vaidya, and rightly so in my opinion), but don't understand the whole idea of excommunication?

Two questions, why were they excommunicated and what is the process of excommunication in our panth (i.e. how does the Panth go about excommunicating someone).

Please correct me if my information is wrong, I've only read this from one source.

Well I haven't heard of this, but one is excommunicated by Akal Takht as follows. Usually what happens is that they are called before Akal Takht to explain something and apologize if need be, and receive their "punishment" usually seva of some sort. If they refuse to come before them or don't apologize for something Akal Takht feels they should, then they are excommunicated. After that, no Sikh is allowed to have contact with them

tried looking for the source (it was a blog post) but couldnt find it again. I did find this however:

"Although they were ex-communicated from the Panth :

Sukha and Jinda cut their hair before becoming shaheeds.

They were ranked in the top 10 hitlist by India's FBI police.

And they wanted to get General Vadiya back from invading the Golden Temple.

I still beileve they were shaheeds, and they should still be labelled as Sikhs.

They cut their hair, early that morning by themselves with a knife, and trimmed their dharis. Then went to the bank, handled their business and never cut their hair again. Even in jail they grew it back out, they asked for Amrit, but, like always some Sikhs argued against it, and they were not given Amrit."

(Post #9 at http://www.sikhsanga.../4065-kurehits/)

they were not excommunicated in any way, as they are now honoured as National Shaheeds by Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

they both wanted to take Amrit, but beiman hind sarkar, denied them this, to make them feel that their life purpose was still unfulfilled, but Baba Thakur Singh Ji while gifting them cholay, told them that they would recieve Khande ki pahul from 10th Guru's pavitar hands themselves.