Letter from Rami Ranger to SPGC to ban Kirpan !

Sevadar01

Rami_cs1.jpg

A "Sikh" wants the Kirpan Banned !! This "Sikh" has recieved awards from the Sikh Channel and is always at other awards ceremonies too. Rumi Ranger represents British Sikh Association ( never heard much about it before ). These are the ant

i-Khalsa elements within our community who are undermining the Khalsa way of life. The Sikh Channel and other Sikhs should boycott this person and his organisation! Please read the letter he wrote to the SGPC last month stating that there is no need for the Kirpan in the modern times. His not only wanting the Kirpan banned but also mocks it and goes all out to belittle it ! Please read the letter in full and share this with everyone, we hope this Rumi Ranger will be exposed for his anti-Khalsa Agenda.

Sent: 27 August 2012 12:54

To: president@sgpc.net

Subject: Re Kirpan and safety of Sikh

To, The President of the SGPC,

Dear Khalsa Ji,

Gur Fateh.

In view of the changing world where terrorism has become an integral part of everyday life, we ought to take a fresh look at our religious symbol, the Kirpan.

In any case, it is now considered to be just a symbol rather than necessary weapon for our protection as it once was.

In any case, we are no longer fighting the Mughals. The next wars will be fought with the help of science and technology. We can see in some part of the world how drone attacks are not providing protection to those who once considered themselves tbe invincible.

Besides, we now live in a civilised world where there is police an the rule of law to protect our liberties along with everyone else in society.

Regrettably, the Kirpan can no longer provide us defence if the other person is carrying a gun. In some cases, the culprit will even be encouraged to use the gun if he sees a person with a Kirpan.It is also a fact that many terrorists resemble us in their appearance, so why give a chance to anyone who may easily mistake us as one of them.

Many of our fellow Sikhs have been the victims of mistaken identity. We cannot sit back and do nothing whilst someone else gets killed. We have a responsibility to do something for their sake as well as for the sake of our fellow Sikhs who could also become victims of a mistaken identity unwittingly with dire consequences for their loved ones.

We must also not provide a spectacle at airports and seaports by standing out by wearing Kirpan.

It is our duty to make the job of security personnels of securing us and our families easier by not holding them or the rest of the passengers whilst we insist on carrying full size Kirpan.

You will agree that it is very difficult to change the world but it is relatively easy to change ourselves to adapt to the changing world.

A species which will survive in the future will not be the most intelligent or the strongest, but one who can adapt to change.

I believe the time has come for us to adapt to survive by carrying only a 3 inch ceremonial Kirpan as a mark of respect to our Gurus who liberated us after paying supreme sacrifices.

Our Gurus will understand the situation. Besides, they always advocated that we must live by our actions and deeds rather than rituals.

Please provide leadership so that we remain a prosperous and progressive community in line with the vision of our Gurus for the entire mankind.

The Sikhs must move with the times rather than trying to remain the monuments of our past.

Please do forgive me if my views do not make sense.

I mean well for our community. I thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Dr. Rami Ranger MBE

IS THIS <banned word filter activated> SERIOUS !!!! ????????? Starts off his letter with Khalsa KI !!!!!!!!!!! Without the 5 K's there is no Khalsa !!!!!!!!!!!

Well we can see what this organisation is really about from the pictures below.

British Sikh Association Annual Bash 2011

http://www2.sunmark....tent/index.html

British Sikh Association members

http://britishsikhas...rg/Members2.htm

British Sikh Association celebrated with clear pictures of Boozing it up !!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!