Facial Hair on bibia

TuhadaDaas

We all know about this issue, the recent issue with satkaarjog Bibi Balpreet Kaur Ji has brought it to light among the wider world. I just wanted to share some personal thoughts on it.

Disclaimer: Whatever I write here, please do not let it detract from the fact that Bibia who keep excessive facial hair are stronger people than I or many others in this world are or ever will be, and their dedication to Gursikhi is an inspiration to us all. On this aspect these bibia have truly given their head to maharaj and I bow down to them for that reason.

(If you don't want to read a massive post, scroll down to the bit which starts with the title 'Solutions?')

Having given the above disclaimer, I present to you a couple of things which I think we (the panth) have brushed under the carpet for fear of seeming as if bibia with excessive facial are not being respected, or we are saying something against gurmat in regards to keeping kes.

Firstly, lets accept that after a certain small amount, there comes a point when the amount of hair simply is excessive for a female. By excessive it means that the female simply should not have that amount of facial hair. Now someone may wish to argue; how can we determine at which point its excessive? I think deep down we all know its common sense. A couple of hairs, natural eyebrows, even a dark upper lip are totally normal amounts of hair for a bibi, but a beard and a FULL moustach are simply not normal for a woman. They are not part of the design of a female.

In the past this was NOT a problem for Sikhi bibia, even in India today, gursikh bibi's who don't remove kes have hardly ANY visible facial hair. Its clearly something to do with the environment, food, other new factors not present before. Probably something related to life in western countries.

I think the above is something people are scared to say for the reasons mentioned earlier, but its never right to brush things under the carpet just for short term convinence, let us atleast accept its not normal, then we can work hard as a kaum to actually fix the issue in a gurmat way. Denying that there is a problem is not really helping anyone.

Solutions?

Firstly, whats NOT a solution and never will be, - removing the hair externally in any way shape or form, be it electrolysis, laser removal, waxing, plucking etc. ALL of these are a NO. For an amritdhari any of these actions is a bajjar kurehit. Bleaching is also a breach of rehat.

Solution 1 - Intense bhagti (naam simran, path and ardaas). Just like in India and elsewhere where organisations like Sarab Rog Ka Aukhad Naam Mission hold healing camps for disesases, the panth should organise camps/smagams for bibia in such a situation for them to do bhagti and ardaas collectively. There is nothing that naam, bani and ardas cannot achieve. Nothing is outside of Guru Sahib's power.

However, once again, this fear of admitting that excessive facial hair on bibia is abnormal is preventing such things from being organised.

My advice to bibia in this situation would be to commit to intense bhagti, and ask others to do ardas for you, especially kamayee vale gursikhs. In the meantime stay strong and have total faith in the power of Guru Sahib. There is nothing wrong in asking for Guru Sahib to remove this obstacle without you doing anything against Gurmat. The fact you are turning to Guru Sahib to fix it and not worldly means like removing is in itself a kirpa of Guru Sahib. Look to examples such as Vasu Bhardawaj and others who were cured of cancer, those who have been cured of leprosy, etc.

Alongside such bhagti, things such as bhagti, ardaas and ishnaan at Sri Bangla Sahib, asthan of Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji (jis dithe sabh dukh jaye), harmandar sahib ishnan etc.

Solution 2- Medical route (alongside bhagti) . There is nothing wrong at all in fixing the cause of the excessive hair. All the tests should be carried out as early as possible and all the medical routes that do not breach Gurmat should be explored. Perhaps methods such as ayurveda, reflexology, etc. should also be explored.

Further solutions- Panth to take the issue seriously. Its time we cared for our bibia and start taking this issue seriously. As a panth we should invest in medical research on this issue and ways of fixing it.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone or said anything against gurmat. The above are just my own personal views.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

a little facial hair for me is kinda attractive. kinda reminds me of this (below) and how humans and nature is pure how it iz supposed to be no need to fear it or change it. :)

http://www.cracked.com/article_18871_12-things-youll-wish-youd-never-seen-under-microscope.html

I think those look super cool btw - except the Jimmy Dean Sausage.

We all know about this issue, the recent issue with satkaarjog Bibi Balpreet Kaur Ji has brought it to light among the wider world. I just wanted to share some personal thoughts on it.

Disclaimer: Whatever I write here, please do not let it detract from the fact that Bibia who keep excessive facial hair are stronger people than I or many others in this world are or ever will be, and their dedication to Gursikhi is an inspiration to us all. On this aspect these bibia have truly given their head to maharaj and I bow down to them for that reason.

(If you don't want to read a massive post, scroll down to the bit which starts with the title 'Solutions?')

Having given the above disclaimer, I present to you a couple of things which I think we (the panth) have brushed under the carpet for fear of seeming as if bibia with excessive facial are not being respected, or we are saying something against gurmat in regards to keeping kes.

Firstly, lets accept that after a certain small amount, there comes a point when the amount of hair simply is excessive for a female. By excessive it means that the female simply should not have that amount of facial hair. Now someone may wish to argue; how can we determine at which point its excessive? I think deep down we all know its common sense. A couple of hairs, natural eyebrows, even a dark upper lip ARE normal amounts of hair to have for someone not abnormally removing them, but a beard and a FULL moustach are simply not normal for a woman. They are not part of the design of a female.

In the past this was NOT a problem for Sikhi bibia, even in India today, gursikh bibi's who don't remove kes have hardly ANY visible facial hair. Its clearly something to do with the environment, food, other new factors not present before. Probably something related to life in western countries.

I think the above is something people are scared to say for the reasons mentioned earlier, but its never right to brush things under the carpet just for short term convinence, let us atleast accept its not normal, then we can work hard as a kaum to actually fix the issue in a gurmat way. Denying that there is a problem is not really helping anyone.

Solutions?

Firstly, whats NOT a solution and never will be, - removing the hair externally in any way shape or form, be it electrolysis, laser removal, waxing, plucking etc. ALL of these are a NO. For an amritdhari any of these actions is a bajjar kurehit. Bleaching is also a breach of rehat.

Solution 1 - Intense bhagti (naam simran, path and ardaas). Just like in India and elsewhere where organisations like Sarab Rog Ka Aukhad Naam Mission hold healing camps for disesases, the panth should organise camps/smagams for bibia in such a situation for them to do bhagti and ardaas collectively. There is nothing that naam, bani and ardas cannot achieve. Nothing is outside of Guru Sahib's power.

However, once again, this fear of admitting that excessive facial hair on bibia is abnormal is preventing such things from being organised.

My advice to bibia in this situation would be to commit to intense bhagti, and ask others to do ardas for you, especially kamayee vale gursikhs. In the meantime stay strong and have total faith in the power of Guru Sahib. There is nothing wrong in asking for Guru Sahib to remove this obstacle without you doing anything against Gurmat. The fact you are turning to Guru Sahib to fix it and not worldly means like removing is in itself a kirpa of Guru Sahib. Look to examples such as Vasu Bhardawaj and others who were cured of cancer, those who have been cured of leprosy, etc.

Alongside such bhagti, things such as bhagti, ardaas and ishnaan at Sri Bangla Sahib, asthan of Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji (jis dithe sabh dukh jaye), harmandar sahib ishnan etc.

Solution 2- Medical route (alongside bhagti) . There is nothing wrong at all in fixing the cause of the excessive hair. All the tests should be carried out as early as possible and all the medical routes that do not breach Gurmat should be explored. Perhaps methods such as ayurveda, reflexology, etc. should also be explored.

Further solutions- Panth to take the issue seriously. Its time we cared for our bibia and start taking this issue seriously. As a panth we should invest in medical research on this issue and ways of fixing it.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone or said anything against gurmat. The above are just my own personal views.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

fantastic post...its about time we stopped brushing this topic under the carpet...

I smell double standard here ..

Where's the whole "Akal purakh da hukam" now ?

And I can guarantee none of your "solutions" will work !

depends on how you understand hukam....its hukam for people to get cancer...but its also hukam for people to try and cure it...thats the khel of akaal purkh....your sarcasm just shows me you lack the understanding on what hukam actually means and covers...its alot more complex then a humans little brain can comprehend...

depends on how you understand hukam....its hukam for people to get cancer...but its also hukam for people to try and cure it...thats the khel of akaal purkh....your sarcasm just shows me you lack the understanding on what hukam actually means and covers...its alot more complex then a humans little brain can comprehend...

Then how is your brain comprehending it ?? I am sure ur a human , aren't u veerji ?

Then how is your brain comprehending it ?? I am sure ur a human , aren't u veerji ?

i dont know if you are...for all i know it could be monkey behind a computer

im talking about a very simplistic explanation of hukm...the complexities and science behind akaal purkhs hukm is beyond our puny little brains...you cannot clear it up in few sentences or a paragraph...guruji says even if you wrote endlessly for decades you still would not come close to explaining the mysteries of akaal purkh...

you need to tone down on the sarcasm..otherwise you may be suspected of trolling...and we have many troll hunters on this forum.. so you've been warned lol

I smell double standard here ..

Where's the whole "Akal purakh da hukam" now ?

And I can guarantee none of your "solutions" will work !

Let's see if they will. Before a kid who has a smart mouth is about to get punched in the face. There are symptons such as, tighten fist, wide eyes, tighten arm muscles, blood pressure is higher, and face muscles show the person is very mad at the smart mouth kid. Now these symptons tell the general public that the outcome of these symptons are a potential harm to the person who is about to punch the smart mouth kid. The harms can be if the the puncher doesn't relax, he can end up in jail, be charged, and have future problem with high blood pressure and heart problems if symptons continue for a long time. So the guy who was going to punch the smart mouth kid see's a doctor. The doctor advises him to avoid (don't go into bad sangat) the cause (the smart mouth kid)/ but sometimes the cause just doesn't go away that easy. So the puncher goes back to the doctor and asks for more advice. The doctor signs the puncher some medicine (read Gurbani). So the puncher starts to read Gurbani and out of nowhere the cause comes back (previous bad kama came before the puncher). So the puncher holds his cool, but once again hes holding is fist very tight and ready to knock the cause onto the floor. The puncher comes to realize knocking the smart kid to the floor will not be a permanent fix. But he remembers a tuk of Gurbani and his hand is relaxed. So he goes back to the doctor and ask for more advice and this time the doctor tells him to sing Mool Mantar all day and recognize God is in the kid with the smart mouth. So the puncher avoids the bad sangat, he reads Gurbani and does Mool Mantar all day and recognizes God is in the kid with the smart mouth. But again due to bad karma from a previous life the smart mouth kid is coming toward the puncher. The puncher has many tools to avoid falling victim to the smart mouth kid and he knows this kid will make some baseless remark. So the kid says...........Where's the whole "Akal purakh da hukam" now ?..............the guy who was going to punch him in the face at the start, just smiles at the smart mouth kid............then the kid says another smart remark............And I can guarantee none of your "solutions" will work !............the puncher crotches down and picks up a rock off the ground..........he holds it up and slowly lets it drop to the ground. As it is going down the puncher sticks out his foot and the rock makes one bounce and then hits the ground. The smart mouth kid starts laughing and says you can't do anything to me. The puncher picks up another rock and drops it on to the ground once again, but this time doesn't stick out his foot. however the smart mouth kid catches the rock before it hits the ground and says its mine......trying to get a reaction from the puncher. the Puncher turns around and starts to walk away...........the smart mouth kid tells the puncher he'll hit him with the rock if he leaves. The puncher turns to face the smart mouth kid and says you're the rock you caught. I was the rock that faced many bumps on the way down and eventually hit the ground every time you came around, but today there was no bumps as i was held up by the divine and the divine makes you think you hold your own rock up..............such is the Hukam of Akaal Purakh