Facial Hair on bibia

TuhadaDaas

Our buddy Cenk, from Young Turks, shared his thoughts on this Bibi and our religion. He probably thought he was being brutally honest, but he came off as ignorant.

Sikhs don't keep their hair because they think God will be angry and won't let them into heaven otherwise. We keep it because this is our human form. He gave birds feathers, He gave fish scales, and He gave us long hair.

Cenk is looking at us from an Abrahamic religious point of view. This is a common mistake. You guys believe in an angry guy in the sky. That's not what we believe in.

You guys run after the latest fashion trends, and pay money to get your haircuts in the latest hair styles. Who decides these trends? Is there a fashion headquarters that decides one day that a certain look is cool or uncool? Then you guys run out like slaves and style yourselves into these cookie-cutter barbie and ken dolls. Then your kids look at pics of you from 20 years ago and say "OMG Mom and Dad, what were you guys wearing?? You guys look like dorks!"

This used to be cool

washington.jpg

How many of the Singhs who commented on that bibi or the 'Chardi kala' mods who keep deleting posts would marry her or another bibi with facial hair?

Akali Nihang 96 Jee, with comments like yours, I can't beleive you are an actual Nihang. While what you write is what (sadly) most Sikhs of today are and that is a very depressing thought to be honest. But when I read of this Bibi and seeing her courage it gives ordinary Sikhs like me some hope for the future of the Panth. I can now say that when Sikhs like me feel some sort of weakness(dhill) in rehet, we have Bibi Balpreet Kaur's example to inspire us to stay pakkay in our Sikhi.

Akali Nihang 96 Jee, with comments like yours, I can't beleive you are an actual Nihang. While what you write is what (sadly) most Sikhs of today are and that is a very depressing thought to be honest. But when I read of this Bibi and seeing her courage it gives ordinary Sikhs like me some hope for the future of the Panth. I can now say that when Sikhs like me feel some sort of weakness(dhill) in rehet, we have Bibi Balpreet Kaur's example to inspire us to stay pakkay in our Sikhi.

I should make it clear that I have the upmost respect for this bibi, and if anyone misunderstood my post then I apologise. The purpose of my post was to address what I have been seeing, singhs publicly praising singhnia who have facial hair but in private have different stance & would not consider them for marriage

at least hes being honest.....pure hypocrisy amongst singhs supporting her

why dont you marry a bibi with excessive facial hair then?...live by example brother

why dont you marry a bibi with excessive facial hair then?...live by example brother

How is it hypocrisy amongst Singhs supporting her? the hypocrites are those who on one hand claim to be Sikhs and on the other hand are saying hair should be removed. Now that is pure hypocrisy! I have seen Nihang bibis in India with a little facial hair, and sadly I have seen some so called Sikhs often making disgusting comments for those Nihang Bibis. Which is what makes me suprised when we have you and this so called "Akali Nihang" supporting pure Manmat instead of supporting your sister. Brother, you are so brainwashed by the UK Nangs that it's unbelievable. Not surprising since the UK Nangs say that it's only forbidden for a Sikh woman to cut the hair on top of her head, but support Bibis to do beadbi of hair on the body and the face.

Today most Sikhs are so dhillay that they are not even ashamed to support Manmat openly. Then Guru Jee sends a Sikh like Bibi Balpreet Kaur jee reminded all of us how courageous a Sikh should be. A Sikh should only and ONLY care about making Guru Jee happy and not this world(this Jhooti Dhuniyaa and it's jhoote lok). I'm not the best example of a Sikh either, but after seeing the example of this Bibi, I'm inspired to become a better Sikh. I'm not going to act like a hypocrite and criticize this Bibi for her courage against worldly(manmat) norms.

Speak for yourself. Just say you won't marry her and that's it, we have no problem.

You act like she made this decision without knowing what would happen and you make it seem like she's weak by being "forced" to do it because Singhs told her. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Speak for yourself. Just say you won't marry her and that's it, we have no problem.

You act like she made this decision without knowing what would happen and you make it seem like she's weak by being "forced" to do it because Singhs told her. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Sikhs who criticize her and her supporters are just doing so to justify their own weaknesses and hide their insecurities.

How is it hypocrisy amongst Singhs supporting her? the hypocrites are those who on one hand claim to be Sikhs and on the other hand are saying hair should be removed. Now that is pure hypocrisy! I have seen Nihang bibis in India with a little facial hair, and sadly I have seen some so called Sikhs often making disgusting comments for those Nihang Bibis. Which is what makes me suprised when we have you and this so called "Akali Nihang" supporting pure Manmat instead of supporting your sister. Brother, you are so brainwashed by the UK Nangs that it's unbelievable. Not surprising since the UK Nangs say that it's only forbidden for a Sikh woman to cut the hair on top of her head, but support Bibis to do beadbi of hair on the body and the face.

Today most Sikhs are so dhillay that they are not even ashamed to support Manmat openly. Then Guru Jee sends a Sikh like Bibi Balpreet Kaur jee reminded all of us how courageous a Sikh should be. A Sikh should only and ONLY care about making Guru Jee happy and not this world(this Jhooti Dhuniyaa and it's jhoote lok). I'm not the best example of a Sikh either, but after seeing the example of this Bibi, I'm inspired to become a better Sikh. I'm not going to act like a hypocrite and criticize this Bibi for her courage against worldly(manmat) norms.

You need to go back, open your eyes and read my first post carefully. At no point did I criticise this bibi, I fully support what she is doing. My issue is with 'public' singhs who praise this kind of stuff in public but in private have different views and when it comes to marriage they want a model wife! Next time read the posts carefully before assuming.

You need to go back, open your eyes and read my first post carefully. At no point did I criticise this bibi, I fully support what she is doing. My issue is with 'public' singhs who praise this kind of stuff in public but in private have different views and when it comes to marriage they want a model wife! Next time read the posts carefully before assuming.

Instead of joining everyone here coming together and supporting this Bibi, you felt the need to create Vaad Vivaad for no reason. If not trying to find faults in this Bibi, you thought "hey, let's finding faults in her supporters". Seriously what do people get by creating Vaad Vivaad?

You don't know anyone here personally. You are not an Antarjaami, you don't know what is in the hearts of others. So please do kirpa by not making assumptions about others here. As the saying goes "if you don't know me, then don't judge me".