We Are Warriors - The Film

AkashdeepSBatth

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh !!

We are pleased to announce that 25% of shares in We Are Warriors have gone!! Yes!! That’s right!! After all shares have gone, we will be able to start the production of WE ARE WARRIORS!! Thank you all for your positive comments and amazing support!!

Regards,

Team WAW.

www.wawthemovie.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aCd3nMJQ8I

263844_285151084922990_946188720_n.jpg

Although this may sound irrelevant , but the singh soorme should look better (aesthetically ) than those pathans with trimmed beards .

I say this becoz in general , it somewhere sends the signal (to the kaurs , dare I say ! :p ) that those oppressors looked smarter than the heros !

It's great, but there are some cheesy scenes and at some places lacking acting, but it's natural for the first movie.

It's constructive criticism from the west, but we know this movie will be great, especially considering youth are making it. It looks amazing.

Hope to see you enter this business and bring it to actual Hollywood heights. For your next movie you should try to go to places like Canada, USA, English, New Zealand, Iceland to do your shots. I hope you get into this and make it your profession, If you do I know a lot of sangat will support you if they see what they like.

I know it's hard to find actors for your first movie, but for your second one try to get Singhs that are physically fit and know how to use blades well.

My recommendation if you really want to make money off this movie is to ensure no one, even close friends, get a copy of the final movie so it isn't pirated online. If you have to go by yourself from pind to pind, city to city and first and foremost have individual screenings in Punjab/India.

After that if you can't travel abroad have trusted people (movie theaters or people you know) do the same thing. There is a business standpoint that you need to be educated in as well if you want to be successful.

Also, can you please tell us how much $ you need and how much has been collected? It will help you to obtain donations if you can prove the money will all be spent on this project responsibly. (I don't doubt you for a second, but naturally masses will be more comfortable to donate when they know).

Considering you haven't started the actual movie, I suggest to get new actors who are physically fit and perhaps get a costume change. Add some armor, a kammar kassa for most of the Sikhs with a khanjar, a match lock pistol here and there, every a few barrel match lock rifles, a tegh/kirpan/firangi/ect. Go to Nihang Singhs and get various Nihangs from Dals or from Hazoor Sahib and find a few actors you can use and see if you can get shastar, horses, armor that you can borrow from them for the movie. It's important you care for the shastar, horses and armor, it would be the only way you would get a loan for the movie.

Most importantly you need horses. The Sikhs need to be on horses if you want to make this a success. If you have to, cut down the amount of cast being actively shown. There were around 700-800 Sikhs captured in Delhi under Banda Singh Bahadur so you can get an approximate.

If you have to, do not be afraid to change actors if you find someone better at acting, more physically fit and what you're looking for. Be sure to include Baaj Singh.

Try your best to make this a historical movie as much as a romantic portrayal of Sikh events so Sikhs can use it to tell a story rather than it being only like 300 where people just like the fighting scenes. Show Gurbani, their motivation, historical event depictions and more.

A scene in the end if you're wanting to do is after they get caught - show the story of the legendary Baaj Singh - show the true story of how Banda Singh Bahadur's son's heart was ripped out and put into Banda Singh Bahadur's mouth.

Bottom line: If you want this movie to be successful, give it your all and put in the effort into it. Obsess over it, but at the same time don't put at such a height that you can not achieve it. The first movie realistically won't be up to your personal golden standard, your goal should be to get it up as close as you can.

and lastly, always do Ardaas when starting such thing to get Aagya from Guru Sahib to tell this story.

akali-nihang-general-by-bhagat-singh.jpg

Banda_Singh_Bahadur.jpg

11127817.jpg

Sikh%20Warrior%2024x30%20in..jpg

this is just a glorified view of history..all those who have read/researched deeper in to sikh history itself will know that these sikh 'historical' films are usually so far off the mark to what actually happened in reality...systematic whitewashing of history..covering up what is perceived distasteful ...happened in all spiritual traditions...be it Musalman, Christians and many other groups...and now its happening to the sikhs

this is just a glorified view of history..all those who have read/researched deeper in to sikh history itself will know that these sikh 'historical' films are usually so far off the mark to what actually happened in reality...systematic whitewashing of history..covering up what is perceived distasteful ...happened in all spiritual traditions...be it Musalman, Christians and many other groups...and now its happening to the sikhs

Are you saying we boast more than what we have achieved ?? that our ancestors were not so great as we portrayed them to be ??

Khalistani Gun Man, so Panth Parkash which all Nihangs in India beleive in is lying when it shows how brave Sikh warriors were? I suggest you read some history from the original sources like Panth Parkash of Bhangoo or the works of Giani Gian Singh are also recommended. The Nang propaganda of Niddar has no historical base, even though he falsely uses the Nihang title every time he flaunts his anti Sikh theories. Even the Nihangs in India laugh at his antics.