Feeling so confused! Buddhism Vs. Sikhism

Guest YoungSingh

Guest YoungSingh

I guess so i mean. I do have the same goals as Sikhism which is to end reincarnation and even end suffering. I just cant fully accept a god yet. I still live the premature sikhi life, i go to gurdwara, keep my kesh, dont eat meat ETC...

This is my way of proving a God :) it came to me through meditating so yeah it was a Secret but algood NEED TO HELP A BROTHER OUT BRAHS :p

HERE WE GO:

If I ask You or an Atheist that how was the Universe created they might say The Big Bang. Then I might say what was before The Big Bang?? they might say nothing we don't know... Scientist say That there was ONLY Energy and Matter existing before the big bang that's what scientist say right, but with energy and matter alone you can not get something out of nothing Right?? Then That person might ask ME how do you think the universe became? I say God created it. Then you might ask how did God come? how was he created??

I say He was always there never took BIRTH and will never DIE, never CREATED and will never be DESTROYED (GURBANI tells us this too in Japji Sahib), then you might say PROVE IT.... e=mc2 (energy = matter, matter= energy) if neither can be CREATED NOR DESTROYED than when does it begin to Be ???, when did it ever begin ??? . It never Did he was Always there just like the scientist say that energy and matter was the only thing existing before everything came into existence. Scientist, Atheist, non-believers don't realize this and they never will THEY CAN'T ACCEPT THE TRUTH..... HOPEFULLY I HELPED BROTHER I AM ALSO SIXTEEN DUDE NO JOKE I went through the same thing with the Buddhist religion haha no joke, then i realised that Guru Granth sahib ji there is nothing like it man. It has all the answers in it bro... SOMETIMES TO OPEN YOUR EYES, YOU HAVE TO CLOSE THEM my friend :D :D :D :D... MEDITATE BROTHER FIND GOD and Be happy.... Be PROUD TO BE A SIKH :D... waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh bro :waheguru:

I guess so i mean. I do have the same goals as Sikhism which is to end reincarnation and even end suffering. I just cant fully accept a god yet. I still live the premature sikhi life, i go to gurdwara, keep my kesh, dont eat meat ETC...

escaping reincarnation and ending suffering does not mean you have realized who you are (found or origin). This is the difference between Sikhi and Buddhism. The goal of Buddhism is to get rid of all kinds of suffering. The only reason they want to get rid of the ego is because it is the biggest suffering in a person's life. However, when Buddhism claims that there is nothing in this world, universe, not even God exist, then that in fact is an egotistical way of thinking. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj answered the Buddhist question on whether God exist in a very simple way. What comes before 1? Answer here was that nothing does. Even though they say that they as a person don't exist and are just a process they believe that nirvana is their goal of life. Nirvana is a state and this is a contradicting statement to say nothing exist and then say nirvana is what they are trying to attain. If nothing exist then nirvana don't exist. Its a self defeating cycle. The reason why they think like this is because they are trying to get rid of all craving (desires). For them to even desire God is considered wrong as ALL desires are wrong and leads to suffering. IF something exist, then you have a craving for it.....correct? So to make sense they say nothing exist and we desire nothing, except we are trying to reach nirvana. Again doesn't add up. Instead of saying all desires lead to suffering they should have said, the desire to follow Hukam of God is what everyone needs to do, through Satguru.

Gurbani tells us that we suffer not because nothing exist, but because we desire the wrong things in life (we desire things that are not permanent). So we need to desire to follow Hukam of Satguru (Hukam is permanent). We do this by reading and contemplating over Gurbani (then understanding comes). The problem many Sikhs run into is when the word God is presented to them. They automatically think......man in sky who is judging. I believe for Sikhs who are just about to learn Sikhi, instead of saying God, Mool Mantar should be presented to them. There was a reason why Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj placed Mool Mantar at the beginning.

You should focus on Mool Mantar first. Try to keep finding the deep meaning of Mool Mantar (you do this by reading more Gurbani in the language you understand the best). A piece of advise before going to study other religions. Get a very deep understanding of Sikhi, where you can catch many of the subtle parts of Sikhi. This way you can pick up on the subtle, but very important difference between Sikhi and other religions.

Last point, once you start reading Gurbani deeper and deeper, you actually see Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj's plan (Hukam) unfold before your eyes. And i mean you will see it just in a simple smile, where without reading Gurbani you would make very little out of it. Keep going deeper and the little ants moving around in our feet will seem as such a big deal and you would want to bow to them.

Guest imhosingh

Bro, you're 16 with access to all the knowledge of the world at your fingertips, of course you're going to be confused. Seriously though, if I were you I would just meet and talk with sikh, buddhists and over the years you'll find what is right for you.

This won't make me popular with some people, but just because you were born into a sikh family doesn't mean that is your end point. (just like if you were born into a family of doctors doesn't mean you should become a doctor..line of thinking). From personal experience you can understand other paths but if sikhi is you're destiny then it will 'click within you' no matter what (when that time is, well thats for you to find out).

Buddhism is a wonderful thing I have met many buddhists and for them it is the most natural and enlightened path for them, likewise I have met many sikhs (born into sikh families and some not) and its the most natural and enlightened path for them.

Have faith and it will come...and don't stress yourself over the concept of 'being confused'.

• 8 months later...
Guest Satnam

You speak of wanting to know the Divine Lord. When you read the Gurubani, with a pure heart, and you feel free of your worldly desires (anger, greed, ego, lust, etc. all die inside you), and you feel pure and at peace as you read the Gurubani (in a language you can understand best is important, you must understand clearly the meaning of the Holy words), or reading/listening with others in Gurdwara, then your soul is merging with Lord's soul, you are becoming the Holy Lord, when your ego is dying inside, as you are blissful, and pure and carefree when you read the Gurubani, just as the Holy Lord is.

So, if you wish to know the Lord, you become the Lord as you read the Gurubani. As worldly desires come back inside you, your ego will separate you from the Holy Lord again, and again the merger with the Lord's holiness will happen, back and forth throughout life, all as the Lord commands, as all is predestined in life, humans have no control, the illusion of the human ego. But, even though you will not stay merged with the Lord's soul at all times, your memory of this merger and the reality of the Lord will be forever etched in your mind and soul, and you will never again question the Holy Lord's existence, and never again will you be separated in doubt from the Lord, ever again.

Accordingly, you do know the Holy Lord, you've merged with the Holy lord's soul many times before, observe the unspeakable greatness of the unspeakable experience of peace and holiness, and contemplate the meaning of the Gurubani, and the answers you seek will unfold before you as Gurmukh. Observe in life all the various things which make you feel this way, peaceful, free from sinful desires (reading Gurubani, perhaps being in a peaceful forest, being in a church perhaps), concentrate on those activities and people who inspire you to feel this way, cut down on activities and people who inspire sin and ego. Speaking of the Gurubani's meaning to others, Sikhs or others, will also inspire your soul to merge with the Holy Lord's.

God Bless

Why is it that at teenage years you get all these weird ideas? I wanted to be a nun when I was 16... lol

Anyways, you are at a age where you will be attracted to so many things which you might not like after you have passed your teenage...

You have a lot to learn... This is definition of Sikh.. a leaner, a student.... Start by reading Nitnem Banis and understanding their meanings... This might help you

So many years later, I am happy I chose to be amritdhari instead of a nun...lol