Feeling so confused! Buddhism Vs. Sikhism

Guest YoungSingh

To all who ask definition of god , or say we have not felt god or can not see god , who/what do you think Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is they are Waheguru ji, you have to believe !00% first and trust me they are god,.then you will feel it in yourself and oh what a feeling it is :respect: Waheguru!

You speak of wanting to know the Divine Lord. When you read the Gurubani, with a pure heart, and you feel free of your worldly desires (anger, greed, ego, lust, etc. all die inside you), and you feel pure and at peace as you read the Gurubani (in a language you can understand best is important, you must understand clearly the meaning of the Holy words), or reading/listening with others in Gurdwara, then your soul is merging with Lord's soul, you are becoming the Holy Lord, when your ego is dying inside, as you are blissful, and pure and carefree when you read the Gurubani, just as the Holy Lord is.

So, if you wish to know the Lord, you become the Lord as you read the Gurubani. As worldly desires come back inside you, your ego will separate you from the Holy Lord again, and again the merger with the Lord's holiness will happen, back and forth throughout life, all as the Lord commands, as all is predestined in life, humans have no control, the illusion of the human ego. But, even though you will not stay merged with the Lord's soul at all times, your memory of this merger and the reality of the Lord will be forever etched in your mind and soul, and you will never again question the Holy Lord's existence, and never again will you be separated in doubt from the Lord, ever again.

Accordingly, you do know the Holy Lord, you've merged with the Holy lord's soul many times before, observe the unspeakable greatness of the unspeakable experience of peace and holiness, and contemplate the meaning of the Gurubani, and the answers you seek will unfold before you as Gurmukh. Observe in life all the various things which make you feel this way, peaceful, free from sinful desires (reading Gurubani, perhaps being in a peaceful forest, being in a church perhaps), concentrate on those activities and people who inspire you to feel this way, cut down on activities and people who inspire sin and ego. Speaking of the Gurubani's meaning to others, Sikhs or others, will also inspire your soul to merge with the Holy Lord's.

God Bless

Nice post

I am 16 and due to my good karams i was born into a good religion and enlightened family. My family is all Amaritdhari and I follow there path but I have been looking online and i find buddhism as my type of way of life.

I like the fact the don't worship god because if there is a god why so much hate and pain in the world, why so many kids suffering in Africa Believing in a god creates so many questions for me so it leaves me confused. I don't know which is the way to go. Although i like Buddhism very much i dont want to disappoint my parents who have full faith in sikhi.

Gurbani says

ਕਰਮ ਸੁਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਏ ਆਪੇ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਕਉਣ ਅਭੇਵਏ ॥

karam sukaram karaaeae aapae keemath koun abhaeveae ||

He Himself causes us to do good and bad deeds; who can know the value of the Mysterious Lord?

We ask again, and Gurujee says

ਕਰਮ ਸੁਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਏ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਮੰ ॥

karam sukaram karaaeae aapae aapae bhagath dhrirraama(n) ||

The Lord Himself causes them to do good and bad deeds; He Himself makes them steadfast in devotional worship.

We wonder why, and how long will this go on for?

He says

ਆਪਿ ਭੁਲਾਵੈ ਆਪਿ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪਾਏ ॥

aap bhulaavai aap maarag paaeae ||

He Himself misleads us, and He Himself puts us back on the Path.

We still don't get it, and He says

ਇਕਿ ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਖੁਆਇਅਨੁ ਦੂਜੈ ਛਡਿਅਨੁ ਲਾਇ ॥

eik aapae aap khuaaeian dhoojai shhaddian laae ||

He Himself has deceived some, and attached them to duality.

Finally when we've had it, Gurujee smiles and says

ਦੋਸੁ ਨਹੀ ਕਾਹੂ ਕਉ ਮੀਤਾ ॥

dhos nehee kaahoo ko meethaa ||

No one is at fault, my friend.

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਬੰਧੁ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਕੀਤਾ ॥

maaeiaa moh ba(n)dhh prabh keethaa ||

God created the bondage of emotional attachment to Maya.

ਦਰਦ ਨਿਵਾਰਹਿ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਆਪੇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਧ੍ਰਾਪੇ ॥34॥

dharadh nivaarehi jaa kae aapae || naanak thae thae guramukh dhhraapae ||34||

He Himself removes the pains of the Gurmukh; O Nanak, he is fulfilled. ||34||

• 1 year later...

Satshriakal.

I am Benz from Indonesia.

I am Buddhist Confucianist from small, but I make friends with a lot of Sikh Punjabi and Sindhi.

Sometimes I visit Gurdwara Perbandhak near my home, I feel so comfortable and somewhat calm.

The Gurdwara Perbandhak is located beside Shri Mariamman Temple (Hindu Tamil Temple).

In radius 200 metres, there are so many temples again, 2 Tamil Moslem Mosque, 6 Churches, 2 Buddhist and Confuianist Temples, 1 Tamil Buddhist Temple, and 2 Tamil Hindu temples.

I have visited them all, but I really love the condition in Buddhist and Sikh Temples.

The Gurdwara Perbandhak was established at about 1881 by Sikh Punjabis who was brought by England.

And the Shri Mariamman Hindu Temple at the right side of Gurdwara, was established at 1884.

There's a Punjabi school, Khalsa, at the left side of Gurdwara, but it has closed due to nationalization.

It'll be open soon next year.

In my city, there are 4 Gurdwaras and about 40 Hindu Temples (usually established by Tamils, Telugus, and Malayalees).

As far as I am concern, Sikh and Buddhism are simple and practical religions.

Buddhism believes no God, and the source of this galaxy is unidentified, because it can't be reached out by our small brain.

Karma law exists itself, neither created nor perished, and all beings depend on the karma law.

Buddha didn't create this karma law, but he just found it and taught us about this eternal law.

So is Sikhism. Sikhism believe in reincarnation and karma law.

But the difference is just at the theory of "Creator".

Sikhism believes that Karma, reincarnation, and any anything are created by Lord Almighty (Pantheistic).

Different from Buddhism that Karma is not created, but appeared itself as eternal law. The source of karma and the beginning of life are unidentified.

If there is any false, please forgive me, and tell me the right.

Merbhani..

Satshriakal.

I am Buddhist Confucianist from small, but I make friends with a lot of Sikh Punjabi and Sindhi.

Sometimes I visit Gurdwara Perbandhak near my home, I feel so comfortable and somewhat calm.

The Gurdwara Perbandhak is located beside Shri Mariamman Temple (Hindu Tamil Temple).

In radius 200 metres, there are so many temples again, 2 Tamil Moslem Mosque, 6 Churches, 2 Buddhist and Confuianist Temples, 1 Tamil Buddhist Temple, and 2 Tamil Hindu temples.

I have visited them all, but I really love the condition in Buddhist and Sikh Temples.

The Gurdwara Perbandhak was established at about 1881 by Sikh Punjabis who was brought by England.

And the Shri Mariamman Hindu Temple at the right side of Gurdwara, was established at 1884.

There's a Punjabi school, Khalsa, at the left side of Gurdwara, but it has closed due to nationalization.

In my city, there are 4 Gurdwaras and about 40 Hindu Temples (usually established by Tamils, Telugus, and Malayalees).

Buddhism believes no God, and the source of this galaxy is unidentified, because it can't be reached out by our small brain.

Karma law exists itself, neither created nor perished, and all beings depend on the karma law.

Buddha didn't create this karma law, but he just found it and taught us about this eternal law.

Sikhism believes that Karma, reincarnation, and any anything are created by Lord Almighty (Pantheistic).

Different from Buddhism that Karma is not created, but appeared itself as eternal law. The source of karma and the beginning of life are unidentified.

Merbhani..

True, Sikhi stresses more on seva and kirat too. Every Sikh is supposed to live a sant-sipahi lifestyle. You meditate and work and you also defend others and protect the weak. Very different aspect from every religion especially Buddhism. But if your born into a Sikh family definitely should look into depth of Gurbani before choosing another path.

That is the definition or the cover between the Buddhism and Sikhism.

The differences are :

1. Buddhism doesn't believe in Creator, Sikhism does.

2. Buddha was not a vegan, but 10 Gurus were. (But the Buddhists in China and Vietnam are vegan, because the influence of Taoism)

And the way of life between those two religions is different.

1. Sikh Gurus commanded us to do Sewa, Kirtan or Bhajan, chanting the Waheguru name, meditation, and deep realization of God, so we can out of this reincarnation wheel.

2. Buddha commanded us to keep Sila (don't kill, steal, adultery, cheat, and drunk), do Samadhi (deep meditation with any objects), and have Panna (wisdom), so we can out of this reincarnation wheel and attain Enlightment.

Buddha and Sikh Gurus didn't command their disciples to pray any sculptures, paintings, or any statues.

But they commanded us to practice / applicated the Gurus' teachings in our daily life.

Praying is not too essential, and it is just culture of ethnic.

Indian and Chinese have traditions to pray ancestor and anyone they salute or proud of, and these 2 religions are very tolerant and can adapt well with any cultures as long as the cultures don't harm any beings.

(The summary of comparing Buddhism, Sikhism, and Hinduism)

• 9 months later...
Guest S.L.K.Lasantha

im a buddhist follower.buddha never teached about back or next birth.pls dont misunderstand.he confirmed that human dont have any "aathma" with his 2nd sermon "anathma lakkhana sutta". Nature has its own cycle.human is one of the part of that cycle.our life is like the flame of the candle.

Everybody should follow buddhism.

Then u can practice one of the great teach of buddha "free ur mind by letting go"

Try it since now

Guest Jacfsing2

Satshriakal.

Merbhani..

There is one main difference between Buddhism and Sikhi, that is we believe in that one can only have realization of Vaheguru,(God) through the Guru's Grace alone. We meditate to keep that relationship still and growing, not to break our rebirth cycle. (As Guru Nanak Dev Ji only came for our suffering he took on a human form despite being God almighty to hopefully bring us back to Vaheguru).

im a buddhist follower.buddha never teached about back or next birth.pls dont misunderstand.he confirmed that human dont have any "aathma" with his 2nd sermon "anathma lakkhana sutta". Nature has its own cycle.human is one of the part of that cycle.our life is like the flame of the candle.

Everybody should follow buddhism.

Then u can practice one of the great teach of buddha "free ur mind by letting go"

Try it since now

What separates us from animals and plants? Or other less life forms?