artofpunjab.com - has anyone bought paintings from there?

Balait_da_Sher

fateh all,

I am in the process of purchasing my first house and was thinking of some new paintings for the lounge. I remebered we once had a skin on sikhsangat.com made from one of the visakhi pics. It was really inspiring.

http://www.artofpunjab.com/mai-bhago-and-the-forty-liberated-ones/

Just look at the above painting. How can someone not be inspired with that?

I want to purchase two but I always end up having buyer's remorse when I spend a lot of money. So I want to make sure I get the right paintings.

Have you bought any? Which one did you buy and what do you think of the quality. I really want the large premium canvas one but they are quite expensive so don't want to think I spent too much on them when the cheaper one would have been equally good.

Balait

Bought two paintings, but from http://sikhiart.com/for-sale/.

The baba deep singh for our home, and the Battle of Chamkaur for the gurudwara.

Bought the large premium canvas, The one in the gurudwara looks good, but haven't put up the other one. Quality is good, looks handpainted

even though is really copy with special technology

Compromise..........Buy one small and one large......

Bought two paintings, but from http://sikhiart.com/for-sale/.

The baba deep singh for our home, and the Battle of Chamkaur for the gurudwara.

Bought the large premium canvas, The one in the gurudwara looks good, but haven't put up the other one. Quality is good, looks handpainted

even though is really copy with special technology

Compromise..........Buy one small and one large......

May I ask which Gurudwara Sahib? I'm assuming you're from the valley area since you posted a while back about the Amrit Sanchar.

Would love to see the Chamkaur Battle painting as I've been in love with it from the beginning. It's my favorite painting.

Gurudwara Gur Nanak Prakash Fresno, CA

it's the pizza gurudwara. on clayton/lincoln in clovis actually, The picture is in the langar hall.

Have you watched the movie Martyr? They animated that picture and it was so cool.....

A-hah. I go there. :nono:

Did they recently get it? I didn't see it when I went on the 7th of September. Will check next time I get a chance to go. Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting anything new so I didn't look properly.

I wasn't in town when Martyr was shown unfortunately. :( I heard great things from friends who went though.

it's in the corner, on the guys side of the langer hall.

And

I really want the large premium canvas one but they are quite expensive so don't want to think I spent too much on them when the cheaper one would have been equally good.

Balait

the gurudwara recently bought a small sized painting of http://sikhiart.com/for-sale/machhiwara/ as well, it has a quote on the bottom, and it looks good too.

The most recent one we got was a 20" by 34" (small) Enhanced Matte Print of Mai Bhago. Measuring it out prior to ordering, that seemed very big. Once on the wall though, I think a medium also would have fit nice. Not sure if could justify the jump in price though $59 vs $229.

Still look great, even the small!

We went for the premium canvas 38 x 64 of the Liberated Ones. It's well worth the investment and the inspiration/energy is amazing. One word of advice, spend good money on the framing, go to an expert. The framing cost me almost as much as the print, but it's an investment for life which you can then pass on to your children when they grow up.