cherokee to Islam...can the world come together and love each other?

curioustoknow

thank you! And absolutely, don't worry about me trying to convert yall either, IMO, you guys are Muslim already :-) as far as I can tell, sikhs bow to the will of the one God and that's what being a Muslim is all about

just a question why did you leave your ancestral cherokee traditions for islam?...native american spiritual beliefs are my miles ahead of islam in my opinion..no offence

i have in my possession a documentary called "The West", it is a 8 part series about how the europeans took over America, and it is absolutely enthralling.

I knew some christians who were activley converting Native Americans, and i was appallled that after suffering what they have with the creation of the US, that anyone of native american ancestry would leave their culture and join another, especially one of the abrahamic ones. The native american culture has nothing in common with abrahamic religions, more so it is in common with what is called "eastern philosophies".

i have in my possession a documentary called "The West", it is a 8 part series about how the europeans took over America, and it is absolutely enthralling.

I knew some christians who were activley converting Native Americans, and i was appallled that after suffering what they have with the creation of the US, that anyone of native american ancestry would leave their culture and join another, especially one of the abrahamic ones. The native american culture has nothing in common with abrahamic religions, more so it is in common with what is called "eastern philosophies".

First biological warfare weapon: smallpox laden blankets given on purpose by settlers to Native Americans FACT

98 million Native Americans killed by genocide over the years FACT

Thing is, if you were part of a community attacked and displaced by white Europeans and unable to fight back, you'd probably join those who have achieved the most in resisting, attacking and defeating your enemy.

Let's be frank, right now that people are Muslims.

Apnay still seem confused about whether to join in with western imperialism or not - you can see this in the way that certain Gurdwaray open their arms to the British army without a second thought about whether the wars being fought by them are ethical/moral or not.

It's an interesting point in my opinion.

Thankfully, finding Panjabi canon fodder isn't as easy for whites today than it was in yesteryears. Maybe most of our lot have learned a lesson or two in this respect?

just a question why did you leave your ancestral cherokee traditions for islam?...native american spiritual beliefs are my miles ahead of islam in my opinion..no offence

I didn't, it was a hundred years in the making, my ancestors were forced to convert to christianity in the late 1800s I feel like since I have left christianity I have been able to connect more with my roots...loss of things that my great aunts and great grandmother taught me about rituals and the basic beliefs were seen as magic by Christians and completely shunned, when in fact, it is a science and is proven to be effective even more so than medicines.if we embrace nature and use what had been given to us by God instead of putting our trust in mankind to fix our problems we will be way better off

Take the modern Islam out of your eyes and remember that to be a Muslim just means that you submit to the will of God, the one true God, and that you testify that there is no other God besides him and him alone its worthy of worship...this is Islam not what Muslim have turned into

Take the modern Islam out of your eyes and remember that to be a Muslim just means that you submit to the will of God, the one true God, and that you testify that there is no other God besides him and him alone its worthy of worship

well from the start you had to also acknowledge the finality of P. Mohamed as Allahs final messenger as well. It s not enough to recognise and accept Allah as your Lord, without accepting P Mohamed as his messenger, and the seal of the prophets.

or is it?

Curious myself, i would like to know why you chose Islam or what you found attractive about Islam?

And you've said 'Sikhism is not the faith for me'. Could i ask, why not? What was it that confused you and inturn caused you to dismiss Sikhi as a path for you?

These questions may seem odd and if they cause anyone offence, i apologise in advance. But the reason i ask these question is because: a) im curious lol and b) i would hate for anyone to dismiss Sikhi based on 'answers' they've received from the 'wrong' people or less knowledgable people, resulting in a false or foggy reflection of Sikhi.

So your answers will not only give the sangat a chance to share their views and discuss points but it will also widen our and your knowledge on Sikhi which you yourself have admitted, it is next to none.

Pul chuk maaf ji (For any mistakes/offences, please forgive me).