Amardhari Sudhar Lehar

Mehtab Singh

I have mixed feelings about this.

I feel it was right to get a beating for disrespecting bana by drinking alcohol, but practically don't think it should have been televised. Should have been done in a gupt manner.

edit- Something needs to be done and without juthian in Punjab thugs don't listen. Juthian is the language in Punjab now a days.

Many religions died out because their top most "religious" people became morally corrupt. If someone representing a farla can get away with drinking alcohol it would be horrible. It must be stopped.

Not so sure why the media just happened to be there though.

Deep inside my heart aches though. I wonder whether the fake nihang was addicted or couldn't handle the lifestyle. Not sure what was going on in his head. It was as if he wanted the chittar in the first video. Then again he could be doing it on purpose, but I doubt that.

I know many fake nihangs drink alcohol in Punjab...

This is what would have happened in the olden days, if not worse. This isn't an attack on Nihangs, it's respecting Nihang bana by beating up someone who drinks alcohol. If the Dal won't fix it, someone has to.

Poverty isn't an excuse when Sikhs of old weren't just in poverty, but had a price on their head and they still never would go into such moral pit falls.

I agree that he should have been taken to Akaal Takhat Sahib after this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''If you find an Amritdhari who is wearing 5 Kakars and Drinks alcohol and takes drugs, remove his Kakkars, Do his Sudhai (beat him up properly) warn him and Leave him. If next time again He does the same, burn him for dishonoring Baana and Baani of Guru. These type of people who discredit Guru's Amrit and Baana and Baani dont deserve any type of Mercy. Guru Sahib Sacrificed his whole family and gave us this honor of being Khalsa. Whoever dishonours it must be punished.''

-Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale

This is what would have happened in the olden days, if not worse. This isn't an attack on Nihangs, it's respecting Nihang bana by beating up someone who drinks alcohol. If the Dal won't fix it, someone has to.

Poverty isn't an excuse when Sikhs of old weren't just in poverty, but had a price on their head and they still never would go into such moral pit falls.

I agree that he should have been taken to Akaal Takhat Sahib after this.

''If you find an Amritdhari who is wearing 5 Kakars and Drinks alcohol and takes drugs, remove his Kakkars, Do his Sudhai (beat him up properly) warn him and Leave him. If next time again He does the same, burn him for dishonoring Baana and Baani of Guru. These type of people who discredit Guru's Amrit and Baana and Baani dont deserve any type of Mercy. Guru Sahib Sacrificed his whole family and gave us this honor of being Khalsa. Whoever dishonours it must be punished.''

-Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale

We don't know context or situation around that time that lead sant ji gave those bachans it be foolish to apply those bachans blindy to each and every event regarding amrtidhari caught drinking wearing bana. If that was a case how come panthic sevadars from taksal here abroad don't go ahead apply the bachans above here in western countries? why? its common sense even the most staunch followers know the context (rightly so) behind sant ji bachans.

I am sure sant ji bachans would have applied perfectly around that time based on conditions as punjab was in choas. Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale had great respect for sri akaal takth sahib hence he fought dharam yudh morcha from guru nanak nivas near sri akaal takth sahib instead of mehta. I am pretty certain if someone were put the above proposal taking imposters to sri akaal takth sahib to sant ji instead of taking matters in their own hands. I am sure he wouldn't have been reject it..he would have accepted according to need of time given the fact he had immense respect for sikh institution like sri akaal takth sahib.

This video has disturbed me and put more questions into me and has really hurt me on the inside more than anything as I'm sure it has for everyone else.

Not necessarily the beating that occurred, more of the psychology and the mindset of the nihang being beaten. Surely he felt he deserved it, but surely again there can be a more positive approach?

What the Singh was taken to Akaal Takhat Sahib and he removed the kakaars there and then continued to do the same thing again?

ugh, this really hurts.

I wonder what the Dal will say after this. Hopefully they will support this incident in particular and say in the future they will take care of it on their own and ensure such a thing doesn't happen or try to stop it from happening.

A lot of Nihangs in Punjab drink alcohol (which was what the nihang in video 3 was saying - something along the lines of "amritsarch saare peende").

What problems in the Nihang Dals occurred that allow such individuals to don the honorable farla?

Apparently nihang dals in punjab have no intention of stopping alcohol problem in dals may be its not widespread..i don't know. I don't think they care as much anymore unless jathedar is pakka on Gurmat. I am not in the dals so i cannot speak for the ground reality there, as i said may be they are down playing this alcohol problem in nihang dals because its not widespread problem. But i do know for fact -sharab is not something that is almost unheard of in the dals, its so much so that they even have special name for it- its refer to as "panj ratani". I think the root of the problem is not the person but whole mindset/attitude towards sharab has to be change in punjab as its punjabi tribal thing as they say- "you can kill the person but you cannot kill the ideal'..!!!