why sikhism isn't for me....yet?

curioustoknow

Look, I am really reaching out to you guys, have you not noticed? I have done research but to be honest I haven't had enough time acquainted with sikhism to know yet everything.why are you answering me? Because as with all true religions, the people of those religions feel a certain need to teach and bring those in the dark into the light...I mean where would anybody be if Guru Nanaak had said that? Instead he lovingly gave insight to anybody inquiring...am I right or wrong on that?

I have never believed the world was only created in six days, God does not measure time because God is eternal so I have always known it as six stages of creations, or six ages before man which is backed up by my ancestral beliefs as well.

How is it that I am supposed to know anything about sikhism when my only sources seem to be misguided.I mean, I am busy in my religion add well continue doing research in the philosophical field but sometimes I may not know the questions to ask that is why I joined here.

Please be patient with me and lovingly inform me where I am misguided, please don't scold me our doubt my sincerity as I am giving you the same respect and trying also to do so for all holy men

And as far as fighting goes,I will gladly fight with my words and deeds, but when it comes to physical fighting,I cannot. I was not made that way, I am a very peaceful person and I think the only time I would fight would be to save my children.

And please don't think I am trying to discredit your religion by telling you what I believe, I am laying a foundation for the absorption of knowledge. If your beliefs fall in line with what I am saying, like about reaching a higher plane of understanding, that makes me so happy!

I know Guru Nanaak reached these levels, if he could stop a boulder from destroying a town by simply putting out his hand, then I know he reached these levels as with reaching these levels does not only come existence into these other dimension, but extraordinary strengths and abilities because by crossing into a new dimension allows you more freedom in the one we currently reside in.

Picture Matrix, the bending of the spoon...you have to see the world from a new perspective but it is not easy and hardly anybody makes it even close to that.

Oh and thank you for asking, but I have decided to drop the issue with him, I will continue to be his friend, and continue to have a deep love for him in my heart, but I cannot continue on a path of self destructive behavior by allowing him to hijack my heart and send me crashing to the earth in expectation that he will save me from heart break...so if he wants me, I will be here, but I won't stop my life waiting

curious to know, please dont be offended by some of the comments you receive here, as Sikhs we should be toleratant of other faiths, and i certainly have no problems with your questions, if anyone here does have a go at you, it their own shortcomings, not yours.

You made a point about being a wuss, not being able to fight, but fighting is not only about using your body, there is fighting involving words, the pen, media and so on. Guru Gobind Singh Ji fought with the sword against the Moghals, and then finished off their rule with his pen. Everyday we see books and articles written against some ideology, this is a fight as well. Sikhs and others fight every day against the 5 theives.

Gurbani says, "Khalsa so jo kare nit jang" The Khalsa is those who fight every day.

2. Sikhism just doesn't go deep enough for me. I am a total believer in interdimensional beings. Believe that we do share our existence with many other creatures. Which, so far have not been explained to me yet by any sikhs except that they don't believe that.

Sikhs who say that dont know about Gurbani themselves. The whole existence of the human on earth is intertwined with all living creatures. Outside of this world Gurbani talks of many many worlds, that are unfathomable to Man.

Islam goes back to the creation of the universe and integrates with Jewish and pre Jewish prophets and teachings.

i cannot beleive the Korans version of the creation of the universe, as it limits the worlds before this and after to 9. Gurbani testifies that there are uncountable worlds in the universe, and Man cannot know the exact number, this is the mystery of Waheguru's power, which is unmeasureable by any Man. Or Prophet as well.

Even if we look into the expanse of the universe, without the influence of the Koran or Gurbani, we cannot rule out the existence of other worlds and galaxies.

Curioustoknow ji, It appears to me that you've spent very little time reading about 'Eastern' mythology and religious thought, particularly, who is a Guru is and what he is representative of, the ages and the present age of kalyug etc, otherwise you would not be asking these questions.

Suggestion: Please have a look at Bhai Gurdas' Varaan. It is 40 chapters, translated into English, and has a topic index available: http://www.searchgur...aran/vaar_index

Click on each Vaar/Chapter and you'll see topic index, but I would recommend you read it from beginning to end as the relevant passages are throughout the text so please take your time. References to Muhammed and Christ etc are made if this pleases you. Since you spent many years researching other religions, I'm sure you'll have the patience to read through this :-) In short, the Guru is representative of all other varna and semitic religions: "Therefore all the four varnas and all four semitic religions have sought the shelter of the lotus feet of the Guru." and the Guru came because other religions became lost in Ego and rituals in the age of Kalyug.

Another suggestion that I have is for you to read about Sikhi with an open mind. Concepts require a much more deeper understanding than perhaps other religions. Things such as naam, dasam duar etc, these are deep things. Also please bear in mind that no matter how much religious textual study you do, the whole point of the Guru is that he helps us realise the true meanings and unlock the deeper spiritual understanding at a higher level of understanding so feel free to devote yourself to the Guru and see the magic unfold. So read Guru Granth Sahib ji and from your heart of hearts ask Guruji for guidance and understanding. Feel free to visit Guru's house (Gurdwara) and do an Ardas (invocation) prayer.

Thank you, I appreciate your welcoming reply. There are not only 9 other realms, but 9 realms of heaven and 9 realms of hell reserved for humanity and djinn...myself, I believe there are more than could ever be known. God is all powerful there is no limit to his creation...

One thing I cannot swallow is that the Gurus connected themselves with God and allowed people to worship them. How would you explain this to me as there is one God, but he alone is NOT worthy of worship?

Guru is God

but he was born...how can God be born? While he was being formed in his mother's womb, was he powerless? Or did he become God after he was born, as child or as a man?

And if he was a child and God at the same time, his parents punished and disciplined and taught him right? You can teach God? Punish God? Discipline God?

I am sorry still no disrespect meant, I am confused on how can God be all powerful but weak as a child or embryo? or even weak as a man who will die with lack of oxygen, food, water and old age?

One thing I cannot swallow is that the Gurus connected themselves with God and allowed people to worship them. How would you explain this to me as there is one God, but he alone is NOT worthy of worship?

Lets identify the "Guru" first, is it the body of Guru Nanak Dev Ji? No, it is the Shabad, the Word of Sri Akal, so firstly, the Word was never seperate from Sri Akal, so the question of the "Guru" connecting with Sri Akal is nonsensical.

But can I ask is it not in Islam, that one cannot be submissive/obedient to Allah, unless he recognises that Mohamed is the Messenger of Allah and the seal of the Prophets?

but he was born...how can God be born? While he was being formed in his mother's womb, was he powerless? Or did he become God after he was born, as child or as a man?

Dont confuse the human bodies of the Gurus with God. The human body was or is not God, it was the eternal WORD, the Shabad which is worthy of worship, not the actual human body. By that reasoning someone could say the Sikhs havent had a Guru since 1708, after 10th Guru.