Do Sikhs believe in other Holy Men?

Lori some people are ignorant and some aren't in all races and religions.If there was no ignorance this world would be a better place.

Dont stop asking questions.

A saint was told to grab something from the water where a snake lived.When he put his hand in the water the snake bit him.Then he put his hand in again and it bit him again.This kept on happening.After half an hour a villager asked why he was doing it the saint replied by saying" I have to get that thing even if it kills me"

Now the morale of this story is never give up.

You are trying to get answers to find god and how many bites you recive you should keep trying.

Also to the haters.Guru maharaj Ji would never reject some one because they were of different religion or race.What you guys are doing is racist.

Definetly dont stop asking questions but be prepared to field a few of your own.

Its hardly 'racist' if you cant see even a hint of perhaps 'trolling' than your better than most of us.

some of the funnier points you raise above

1) you have researched sikhism going as far as quoting stories about Guru Nanak Dev Ji but you are scared to read the SGGS because you might go to hell - not an logical response in the slightest

2) you are not accepted by the world because you are WHITE? :)

3) you cant leave america but your kids are on some sort of no fly list?

Smells like trolling, i hppe if your not a troll you can put this behind you and start asking some questions that help both yourself and the rest of the cyber sangat

Definetly dont stop asking questions but be prepared to field a few of your own.

Its hardly 'racist' if you cant see even a hint of perhaps 'trolling' than your better than most of us.

some of the funnier points you raise above

1) you have researched sikhism going as far as quoting stories about Guru Nanak Dev Ji but you are scared to read the SGGS because you might go to hell - not an logical response in the slightest

2) you are not accepted by the world because you are WHITE? :)

3) you cant leave america but your kids are on some sort of no fly list?

Smells like trolling, i hppe if your not a troll you can put this behind you and start asking some questions that help both yourself and the rest of the cyber sangat

who are you to judge me?

Yes my kids are on a no fly list...you wanna know why? Because my ex husband is a violent man from Morocco and has threatened to take them to morocco and never let me see them again...he told this to a judge now...continue judging me please...go right ahead judge me, if you think you are good enough in life to do so...then please go right ahead

And as far as me being afraid I might go to hell, I have stated many many many times that I am a Muslim right? And in Islam to read other holy books, even the prior books brought down by God (because of the corruption of God's words) holds a serious punishment, if I am wrong about my curiosity into Sikhism, I am already facing punishment...so please continue judging me...

And yes, the world HATES white people, maybe you don't know this because you are not white...I don't know, but please understand I have been the butt of many jokes, I have been told that I am killing people in Palestine and syria and Afghanistan and iraq...me...just because I am white and American...I have been accused of Atheism by people who don't even know me because I am white. I have been accused of incest because I am American...if you don't know DON"T SPEAK!!! you have no idea the racsim I face on a daily basis! I'm called Cracker, whitey, snowball, richey b**** (and I am like the poorest person I know) On top of that I am called a drunk (I do NOT drink) because it is a stereotype that all native americans are drunks, a gambler (because it is said that all naitve americans gamble),dirty, Pocahontas, Injun, Indian (not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm not from India...) so please, if you don't have anything encouraging to say to me, please don't say anything...why do I want to read that I am a troll EVERY post?

Lori

You don't have to worry about genuine Sikhs judging you because they won't. And also, don't worry about some "Sikhs" judging you because they are human like all others, so ignore and move on, and please continue to ask questions and share whatever you have in mind and are comfortable sharing.

thank you :) I intend to :)

If you never "got" what I was saying I meant the forummer known as 'curioustoknow' was using her position as a female to ask these questions about the Sikh faith, and as some men have a predilection to tolerate behaviour originating from females that would otherwise be intolerable from a male, the forummer known as 'curioustoknow' is banking on this tolerance to push her luck.

Do you mean liek how Borat got away with his questions?

I think you need to ease up bro, out of all the people on this forum, i thought you would have no problem with this. Any person who canot field questions about their own faith to genuine or non-genuine inquisitors, show that they are not comfortable with their own knowledge of their faith, and you come across as someone very much clued up. Run with it bro.

The mindset portrayed by Curiuostoknow on other posts suggests she is confused (call me Captain Obvious) and is herslef setting herself up for failure.

So your duty as Sikh is to allow her failure?

You state stories of Guru Nanak, but then don't provide sources when asked. Proof that you are making it up.

She is talking about the time Guru Ji came back from 3 days of being missing and stated that" there is no Hindu, No Muslim" upon which point he was asked to accompany the Muslims in prayer,if all were the same. You MUST know this, it is basic BASIC Guru history.

And in Islam to read other holy books, even the prior books brought down by God (because of the corruption of God's words) holds a serious punishment,

Can you in your heart honestly ask and answer why this injunction is there? It has nothing to do with corruption.

just because I am white and American

so are you not 100% cherokee then? I thought you was, but look at it this way, you were good enough for a brown arab guy to have children with, and for a brown Sikh guy to have another relationship with, so sure there are non-white people who dont like you, but there are non-white people who DO like you as well.

who are you to judge me?

Yes my kids are on a no fly list...you wanna know why? Because my ex husband is a violent man from Morocco and has threatened to take them to morocco and never let me see them again...he told this to a judge now...continue judging me please...go right ahead judge me, if you think you are good enough in life to do so...then please go right ahead

And as far as me being afraid I might go to hell, I have stated many many many times that I am a Muslim right? And in Islam to read other holy books, even the prior books brought down by God (because of the corruption of God's words) holds a serious punishment, if I am wrong about my curiosity into Sikhism, I am already facing punishment...so please continue judging me...

And yes, the world HATES white people, maybe you don't know this because you are not white...I don't know, but please understand I have been the butt of many jokes, I have been told that I am killing people in Palestine and syria and Afghanistan and iraq...me...just because I am white and American...I have been accused of Atheism by people who don't even know me because I am white. I have been accused of incest because I am American...if you don't know DON"T SPEAK!!! you have no idea the racsim I face on a daily basis! I'm called Cracker, whitey, snowball, richey b**** (and I am like the poorest person I know) On top of that I am called a drunk (I do NOT drink) because it is a stereotype that all native americans are drunks, a gambler (because it is said that all naitve americans gamble),dirty, Pocahontas, Injun, Indian (not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm not from India...) so please, if you don't have anything encouraging to say to me, please don't say anything...why do I want to read that I am a troll EVERY post?

How can you look white and native at the same time? People call you cracker and Pocahontas? Doesn't make sense.

Why would they even call you those things if you wear a hijab? If anything, people would think you are middle-eastern.

You're digging yourself deeper into the hole.

Still haven't answered why you don't ask your Sikh friends or your Sikh lover about Sikhi. If they are passing judgement on us, then they must know enough to answer your questions.

If a religion teaches you that reading other holy books will take you to hell, then that is pretty sad.

How can you look white and native at the same time? People call you cracker and Pocahontas? Doesn't make sense.

Why would they even call you those things if you wear a hijab? If anything, people would think you are middle-eastern.

You're digging yourself deeper into the hole.

Still haven't answered why you don't ask your Sikh friends or your Sikh lover about Sikhi. If they are passing judgement on us, then they must know enough to answer your questions.

If a religion teaches you that reading other holy books will take you to hell, then that is pretty sad.

do me a favor and look up the song half breed by cher..she talks about the plight of the native American in todays society

Thus its what I mean by letting go of your ego, for some reason you draw pleasure from saying the words sikh lover to me to make me feel uncomfortable and for you to boost your ego.even after I have made it so clear that we have not been intimate for months now and have and still are repenting for our actions. Do you get a little smile on your face when you say that? Does it give you a warm tingly feeling deep in your heart to know that someone us suffering from your choice of word and thought?

Think it over, I'm over your insults because I'm realizing you are doing it for no other reason than pleasure...haha let's all have a big laugh...with you...or at your relentless poking fun? You can only pike a wolf so many times before it gets up and walks away.

Don't worry I ain't gonna bite you, I'm too civilized for that kind of unacceptable behavior which you find so proper

do me a favor and look up the song half breed by cher..she talks about the plight of the native American in todays society

Thus its what I mean by letting go of your ego, for some reason you draw pleasure from saying the words sikh lover to me to make me feel uncomfortable and for you to boost your ego.even after I have made it so clear that we have not been intimate for months now and have and still are repenting for our actions. Do you get a little smile on your face when you say that? Does it give you a warm tingly feeling deep in your heart to know that someone us suffering from your choice of word and thought?

Think it over, I'm over your insults because I'm realizing you are doing it for no other reason than pleasure...haha let's all have a big laugh...with you...or at your relentless poking fun? You can only pike a wolf so many times before it gets up and walks away.

Don't worry I ain't gonna bite you, I'm too civilized for that kind of unacceptable behavior which you find so proper

What else do you want me to call him? You were intimate with him, he isn't your boyfriend, and you aren't married to him. If you don't call him your lover or ex-lover, then what do you call him?

Half-breed, okay so you aren't full blooded Cherokee. Why didn't you say that fom the beginning? Why does it have to be dragged out of you? You still can't look both things. For example, Asian-white mix people still look more Asian than white. Also, since you wear hijab why would they still think you are white or Native? I asked this before, but you avoided it.

Why haven't you asked your Sikh friends or your Sikh ex-lover these questions? You dodged this also.

See, when you are cornered, you say people have ego and we are being mean. That is how you dodge away and make people feel sorry for you.

Nobody has said anything insulting to you. We are asking questions just like you, but your story doesn't add up. That's why we keep asking.