Attack on G. Brar - What were real movies?

Singh559

http://timesofindia....ow/16634616.cms

LONDON: Scotland Yard has appealed for information from members of the public on the Sunday night assault on Lt Gen K S Brar, and described the four assailants as wearing dark clothing, long black jackets and having "long beards".

Stating that detectives were keeping an open mind on the motivation behind the attack, the police said in a statement yesterday that they were particularly keen to speak to people who assisted Brar and his wife after the attack on Old Quebec Street in central London.

No arrests had been made until last night, the police said.

"The four men are described as wearing dark clothing and long black jackets. They all had long beards. One of the men is described as younger and slimmer than the other three. They all fled in the direction of Oxford Street," the statement said.

"Detectives are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time or who may have information about the incident. In particular they want to speak to those people who assisted the wife and the victim at the scene following the attack," it added.

According to Brar, a mobile phone had been recovered from the scene, which may help lead the police to the assailants. The police were also expected to go through CCTV footage from the area that has several cameras.

It's all "glory" now for Brar. Check his interview out with NDTV.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/lt-general-ks-brar-they-slashed-my-neck-but-i-fought-back-274493

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/249071

Lt General KS Brar: They slashed my neck, but I fought back

London: Lieutenant General Kuldeep Singh Brar, who led Operation Blue Star against Sikh militants holed up inside the Golden Temple in 1984, was stabbed and injured in London.

General Brar and his wife were returning from dinner at London's Piccadilly Circus when four men assaulted him with a knife and pushed his wife to the ground.

Speaking to NDTV, General Brar described the attack saying the men had intended to assassinate him. "Suddenly 4 bearded tough looking men wearing black jackets and black clothes pounced on me. One of them pushed my wife to the side, she fell down and started screaming for help. Three of them charged at me, one pulled and tried to assassinate me. He slashed my neck with the knife but being an Army man I fought back. I kicked and boxed and warded off the attack, but in the meantime they had already slashed my neck," he said.

General Brar's wife says she began crying for help after which a few men from the vicinity came and that scared the men off. "I was standing by watching and called for help. The ambulance was there within minutes and we rushed him to hospital," she said.

In New York, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna said that the general should have informed the Indian High Commission so that security could have organised for him. General Brar was in London on a private visit.

The retired army officer remains on the hit-list of many Sikh militant groups and usually stays in a high-security compound in the cantonment area in Mumbai. He is a Z-category protectee.

Sources say that Gen Brar is returning home to India on Tuesday.

General Brar is a decorated soldier who saw action in the 1971 war with Pakistan. He was among the first to enter Dhaka to force the Pakistani army into surrender.

On June 5, 1984, troops including many Sikh soldiers entered the Golden Temple premises in Amritsar to flush out militants led by Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale demanding a separate state for Sikhs called Khalistan. Several soldiers were killed in firing by the terrorists. But General Brar's troops were successful and Bhindranwale was killed.

Operation Blue Star upset many Sikhs. The then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her two Sikh bodyguards a few months after Operation Blue Star. This was followed by several years of terrorism that affected Punjab.

In the 1990s, General Brar wrote a book called Operation Blue Star: The True Story.

Share this news article on all social media otlets with friends and family.

Also, be sure to read this article and share your thoughts. I've hi-lighted the important points if someone doesn't want to read it all!

http://www.sikh24.co...s/#.UGpSPphyWSo

Europe, India, Op/Ed, WORLD | October 1, 2012, 10:21 pm

Op/Ed – Attack on General Brar: What Were the Real Motives?

By: Guest Columnist

Bittu_Barapind.jpg

Bhai Bittu & Bhai Barapind

A week ago, both the President and former President of the Sikh political party, Akali Dal (Panch Pardhani) were charged with waging war on the State, possession of explosives and sedition. Bhai Kulbir Singh Barapind and Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu were originally arrested under preventative measures, but have since seen their charges exacerbated and have been placed in judicial custody for a period of 14 days. The former is a serving member of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) – notably the only candidate to successfully defeat a (CM of Punjab) Badal-supported nominee in recent SGPC elections in the Doaba region – whilst under the leadership of Daljit Singh Bittu, the Akali Dal (Panch Pardhani) has continued to gain support as a political party.

It is no secret that the arrests have been to the benefit of the Badal-led Punjab Govt. and the wider Sikh hierarchy in Punjab, including the President of the SGPC, Avtar Singh Makkar who upheld that the Police were correct to make the arrests, despite human rights groups and media outlets confirming that no evidence of banned paraphernalia or explosives have been found. But more worryingly, each passing day with the surfacing of new and unrelated revelations, it has begun to appear that there may be a wider plot unfolding to silence any opposition to the status quo of recent years that has seen the Punjab, and Sikh institutions there, denigrated ever closer to oblivion.

John_Baird.jpg

John Baird

Almost a month ago now, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird made sensational remarks suggesting that extremism and radicalisation was on the rise amidst Sikhs in Canada. His comments were widely rebuked throughout the country, but in the light of recent events, appear to merely be an opening shot across the bow of the Sikh World. Many in the Diaspora have been campaigning for greater transparency within Sikh institutions in the Punjab and have questioned the unhealthy influence of the Badal-led, supposed Sikh political party, the Shiromani Akali Dal, over the SGPC specifically. This has not been met with great welcome and clear attempts to marginalise the Sikh voice abroad have been filtering through Punjabi/Sikh media over the past year. Baird’s remarks were a pronounced escalation of this strategy.

Lt-Gen-KS_brar_295.jpeg

General Kuldeep Brar

However, today’s news of the alleged attack on retired Lt. General Kuldip Brar who led the 1984 invasion of Sri Darbar Sahib Amritsar, is even more puzzling and timely. Indian media began to report late this afternoon, that Gen. Brar and his wife who are ordinarily under constant protection in Mumbai, were attacked last night in London, where the retired General suffered wounds to his neck. Depending on which Indian media outlet you believe, he was attacked either outside his hotel or on Oxford Street at around 10:30pm, although we ascertained from the Metropolitan Police that the attack took place on Old Quebec Street, a stone’s throw from Marble Arch tube station. The original source issuing the news is the High Commission of India which reports that Brar was in a critical condition in hospital overnight but has now been released and is recovering in private. The Metropolitan Police newswire reported Brar’s wounds as serious but not critical and that he had indeed been released from hospital after an overnight stay. His wife is quoted by Indian media as saying that they were set upon by four individuals whom she cannot identify.

Despite what seems to be an apparent knife attack near the most popular street and area of the capital city, no press statement was issued last night or indeed this morning, but when issued were littered with references to the rise of Sikh extremism. Any native to central London will know that the slightest hint of an incident in Soho or Mayfair results in an instant cordoning-off of the area, which incidentally has one of the highest numbers of surveillance cameras in Western Europe, not to mention pedestrian foot-fall, so one would hope that the Metropolitan Police will have access to sufficient evidence to get to the heart of the matter. At this time, they are reporting no arrests although inquiries continue.

It is remarkable to think that in this day and age, this news story is being published by both the Indian press, the bewildering Sikh TV stations and now the BBC with most of the news article leading on the fact that General Brar has long been a target for ‘Sikh extremists’. It is remarkable of course, unless seen in the wider context of what has been happening in a post-Rajoana World. Clearly the Badal-led Shiromani Akali Dal and their sibling forces hell-bent on usurping the Sikh people and vanquishing Guru Nanak’s egalitarian concept of Halemi Raj, have been so stunned by the global support to ‘Pledge Orange’ last Spring that they have moved rapidly to diminish the movement and what they see as the clearest threat to their autonomy over the Punjab and Sikh institutions. Opposition voices are no longer slowly being drowned out, rather they are erratically being routed through a multi-faceted campaign being played out primarily in the media.

My gravest concern however remains for the everyday Sikh people who remain sightless to the situation. What will it take for our people to awake and realise what is being perpetrated against us? Must a well-known Sikh born and raised in the West be killed in dubious circumstances or face false charges before we care? Are the lives of the likes of Bhai Kulbir Singh Barapind and Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu not worthy of our time, for us to pause from our daily lives and think seriously and critically about what we as a people are doing? Rallies come and go, protests here then there, and TV shows galore, but all the while we fail to see through the looking glass, where white is black and black is white; all the while we fail to make a change for good, for now and ever more.

Yes agree this looks increasingly like a staged event (called false flag operation in intelligence circles). Brar said on Sangat TV a few months ago that Sikhs from abroad were exposing his crimes and wanted them stopped, he even mentioned this website. With Z plus security he would always have a bodyguard or have security cover arranged by the UK police.

The information released was conflicting from seriously injurged to a small cut, some said a stab to neck others a stab in stomach. Indian media was on this story all at the same time like an official release.

There is the crackdown in Punjab, the Candian ministers recent comments on Sikhs were spun out of hand, it seems the Sikhs abroad are the Target.

Increase in subtle attempts to make Sikhs look as being an offshoot of hinduism (see posts on this sites), links to Hinduism being pushed all the time . Subersion from within.

Wait for India to announce that the UK must crackdown on Sikhs in a little while.

Seriously, how hard would it be to get 4 Indian 'patriots' to dress up and meet Brar at some prearranged location and then give him a superficial wound and run off. The incident could be over in a minute. In operation terms this would be about as difficult as a walk in the park.

We have to be careful though and explore all possibilities. It could have been the above scenario(1), it could've have been a genuine robbery attempt unrelated to Sikhs (2), or it could have been a seriously incompetent attack by apnay (3).

But as people have noted, it really does seem implausible that 4 men didn't do more damage. I mean they could have stomped his head or kicked it in. No bones seem to have been broken either? That being said, this could be explained by them being lacking confidence or being jittery during the attack (if it was genuine).

To compare a possibly similar incident, do people remember this recent(ish) incident in London where a Pakistani politician was killed in an ambush?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11338054

Normally I discourage conspiracy theory type thinking but this 'incident' really does have 'dodgy' written all over it. Right on cue, we see Indian media valorizing Brar. It brings out the nationalist in Indians. Sikhs get the usual 'extremist' tarnishing.

We'll see what the Brit investigation brings ups. But we should be prepared for some manifestation of the 'dark immigrant horde menace' in some of the more populist tabloids over here (those mothers usually never miss a chance like this).

yeah, im smelling something unpleasant here, and as dal says, a 78 year old fighting off 4 guys?

And how the media is lapping up the "facts" from the indian embassy like they are so trustworthy?

even the bloody bbc using words like Sikh extremists.

But we should be prepared for some manifestation of the 'dark immigrant horde menace' in some of the more populist tabloids over here (those mothers usually never miss a chance like this).

No, lets get in first and have our say before these monkeys make us look like monkeys.

But we should be prepared for some manifestation of the 'dark immigrant horde menace' in some of the more populist tabloids over here (those mothers usually never miss a chance like this).

No, lets get in first and have our say before these monkeys make us look like monkeys.

<p class="post_body">

http://sg.news.yahoo...-085029264.html

Even one of Brar's fellow Generals does not believe his story. He states Sikhs would have finished him off.

Its fairly clear it was staged, can't believe people who think it was real Sikhs.

Ex-Army Lt. Gen. Hoon rules out Khalistani attack on Brar

By ANI | ANI – 8 hours ago

Chandigarh, Oct 2 (ANI): Former Indian army official Lieutenant General (Retd.) P.N. Hoon on Tuesday downplayed reports of a Khalistani attack on Lieutenant General (Retd.) K.S. Brar in London, saying the attackers would have achieved their target if it had been a well-planned attempt.

Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon pointed out that even the Scotland Yard and the London Police have not given a report on the unpleasing incident yet.

"I don't think this is too planned an attack because if it was too planned an attack then I would have been very sad because they would have really achieved their target. I would not say it is a Khalistani attack unless all these things are investigated and the whole world comes to know what has happened," said Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon.

"And, if we are not taking care of our people, I am sure some procedures would have been laid down. If not, it is time that we laid these down," he added.

Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon, however, said that security lapses have taken place both on the part of the Indian Government and the British Government.

"I will not give my opinion that it is a Khalistani attack, which is being given. But as far as lapses are concerned, yes lapses have taken place both by the Indian Government as also British Government. If the Indian Government has given information that a Z plus category officer of the rank of Lieutenant General is visiting and he has to be provided security. Was it done? Did our embassy inform the High Commissioner that this has been done?" asked Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon.

"If it has been done, I say that security lapse hundred percent.... I will blame the United Kingdom Government. They are responsible and we will not tolerate things like this that our officers or jawans or Indians who go there are either mugged or they are being eliminated because of the bravery that the Indian Army has showed. In case, we have not informed it is a great lapse on our part and we should have some systems laid down," he added.

Lt General (Retd.) Brar, who led the Operation Blue Star at the Golden Temple in Amritsar in 1984, was attacked and injured in London.

Brar, a Z-category protectee, was stabbed by four men outside a hotel in London. The 78-year-old former Indian Army official was taken to a hospital with minor injury and was discharged after treatment. It was not immediately known who the attackers were.

The incident took place on Old Quebec Street near Hyde Park when he was out with his wife. The couple is in London on a private visit.

No arrests have, however, been made so far in connection with this attack. The Scotland Yard is carrying on with the investigations.

Brar, the retired army officer was involved in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, and commanded the Operation Blue Star to flush out pro-Khalistan Sikh militants from the Golden Temple complex.

In 1984, a group of pro-Khalistan Sikh militants, along with the Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, occupied the Golden Temple at Amritsar, and resisted the police who sought to arrest them.

As the law and order situation deteriorated, Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, decided to send in the army to flush the militants out of the temple complex. Brar, along with Lt. General Krishnaswamy Sundarji (then chief of western army command) and Lt. General Ranjit Singh Dyal (then chief of staff in the command), planned this operation codenamed Operation Blue Star.

During the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, Brar commanded an infantry battalion, and was in the first batch of troops who entered Dhaka (now the capital of Bangladesh) on the morning of 16 December 1971. He won the Vir Chakra for the battle fought at Jamalpur on the night of 10 December 1971. His battalion was pitted against the 31st Baluch of the Pakistani Army.

In the years following the 1971 Indo-Pak war, Brar was involved in anti-insurgency operations in Nagaland and Mizoram states of India.

Gen. Brar is a decorated soldier who saw action in the 1971 war with Pakistan. He was among the first to enter Dhaka to force the Pakistani Army into surrender.(ANI)