Balanced View of Hindu-Sikh Shaster Vidiya

taran0

I will write my own unbias analysis here on nihangs of uk in a bit as i think i m in the position to do so as they have been on my forum- sikhawareness.com, run by me by maharaj kirpa since when it all begin and i have watched all of it unfold and fold.....Not all are bad, Not all are good just like right wingers, you have substantial amount of scary extreme left wing nut bars which have super imposed themselves on gurmat.!!!!!!!

You need to address the Shastar Vidiya System itself and disprove it if you have any chance of convincing people.

i guess its not the message he's addressing, but the messenger.

lol smells of insecurity when you have to make a website to counter another website...

Bit harsh KGM, sometimes you need to fight fire with fire.

Gurbani says we have a right to protect our crop. The crop is our Panth and innocent youngsters falling prey to nang sanatan ideology.

Call it insecurity or whatever, the truth is the truth.

what about protecting the youngsters from falling for the reformist christianized influenced sikh'ism'....no one protected me from that...i had to wake up from it myself

thats your version of the truth...one mans truth is another mans falsehood

what about protecting the youngsters from falling for the reformist christianized influenced sikh'ism'....no one protected me from that...i had to wake up from it myself

thats your version of the truth...one mans truth is another mans falsehood

Yaar, the reason why Christian missionaries are reluctant to go into Punjab is because of how Sikhs are haha, very firm in their beliefs and a bit hot headed if a Christian tries to convert them. They go to the south where most of the hindus have been whipped into ritualism and worshipping of devi/devte to no avail. I mean now a days you won't see a Nihang jhatka a firangi

The only Christian elements aren't even Christian elements. N30S1NGH paaji may have mentioned teja bhasauria once or twice and he had some manmat views that were based on the western system (not necessarily Christianity) such as not having parkash of Sri Dasam Granth and questioning banis. He went to an extreme and it's not hard to find out that he is wrong.

Just because someone isn't sanatan mat, it doesn't mean they prescribe to bhausauria mindset.

Again, I've said this again, but DalSingh101's analysis about the Singh Sabha movement was the best I've seen because it's unbiased and acknowledges all the different pros/cons of the movement and essentially it was a good thing.

Yaar, the reason why Christian missionaries are reluctant to go into Punjab is because of how Sikhs are haha, very firm in their beliefs and a bit hot headed if a Christian tries to convert them. They go to the south where most of the hindus have been whipped into ritualism and worshipping of devi/devte to no avail. I mean now a days you won't see a Nihang jhatka a firangi

The only Christian elements aren't even Christian elements. N30S1NGH paaji may have mentioned teja bhasauria once or twice and he had some manmat views that were based on the western system (not necessarily Christianity) such as not having parkash of Sri Dasam Granth and questioning banis. He went to an extreme and it's not hard to find out that he is wrong.

Just because someone isn't sanatan mat, it doesn't mean they prescribe to bhausauria mindset.

Again, I've said this again, but DalSingh101's analysis about the Singh Sabha movement was the best I've seen because it's unbiased and acknowledges all the different pros/cons of the movement and essentially it was a good thing.

good thing for you, not for me....stopped prkash of aad guru, dasam guru and sarbloh guru , sidelining the importance of jhatka which lead to some groups even discarding it, rejecting the use of shaheei degh and a less potent variation for meditation, a total reform of previously held beliefs held by sikhs, renouncing all scholarly work preceeding the singh sabha movement which it disagreed with, and the eventual removal of shiromani akaali budha dal as supreme authority seated at akaal takht, the throne of the guru khalsa...these are just a few reasons why i dont see singh sabha and the groups it spawned as anything 'good'

I feel you khalsitanigunman pretty much the same way I dont see anything good to have come from niddars emergence, apart from promoting ego, drinking alcohol, getting smashed on marijuana, never doing any nitnem or going to kirtan and not having any rehit.

common sense dictates that anything which takes you away from the Guru is not good. Noone i have come across who has gone to niddar has moved closer to the Guru - ratehr they just like to argue and cry about how somehow things changed a 100 years ago and now its ok to do all the things syaney Singhs told you not to.

BIKHEY BANFEEKA TYAAG REE SAKHEEYAI , NAAM MAHA RASS PEEYA

As someone who has a lot of friends that go to Niddar Singh one thing is evident! Those that have learnt from in the past couple of years have all started eating meat (Burger King, McDonalds etc)... at first I thought who am I to judge? Im not exactly knowledgeable about Sikhi...

then a few started drinking alcohol... I thought ok thats bad... but they justified it as Nihang maryada... I was like okeyyy

Now a few although a small amount are hooked on Marijuana and other substances.

It has been difficult watching friends and people I was very close too change! They now mock me and other members of the Sangat as Vashnu Sikhs or Basuria (sp?) havent a clue what these terms mean in detail :blush2: But I was like okey whatever.

Now I'm not denying whether ShasterVidya is any good... it seems really good and nifty and his students always impress in Nagar Kirtans BUT they have had a personality change... swear for fun, eat meat openly, some drink alcohol and a few are what I can only describe as druggies! Now that is fact and reality whether people are willing to admit it or not!

Wow.

Didn't know it was really that sudden of a change. How exactly do they get brainwashed into believing such nonsense?

Very important post. Thanks for making it bro