Balanced View of Hindu-Sikh Shaster Vidiya

taran0

the demo you guys are referring to after which a student of Dr hatori asked Niddar Singh about a particular method of swordsmanship, the guy actually said...that they have a similar method in their system but they never understood how it is used and its context on the battlefield until Niddar Singh explained it. The other instance regarding Shiva/Kali pentras..apparantly after these were shown to masters of the katori/Shinto Japanese disciplines..They said they saw elements of higher level techniques of which they also have in their art but are secret and not taught to anyone unless they have at least 20 years of training with the masters.

The question is, these Japanese systems are very secretive and select about who they teach, how did Niddar Singh gain knowledge of their secret higher level techniques ?? how did he adapt this to the unique nature of indo Persian weaponry ? how did he gain knowledge of how these techniques are used in a battle field context ??

do you seriously think he's sort of genius that he can invent an entire system, blended from other arts and get away with doing world wide demos ?? do you think the other martial arts practitioners would have exposed him ?? instead the likes of pat oMalley, maul mornie, krishna godhaswamia etc.. are convinced of the authenticity of the art.

regardless of whether you have issues with his belief set...nobody has yet disproved the art form, instead it's just made up stories, defamation, twisted tales etc...

I dont know anything about his background hence I dont know if if the techniques names were ever changed, nor do I have any affiliation to the akharas I dont train/study in the art either. I have trained in some other arts and generally have an interest in combat arts.

Plenty of people have backgronds in different martial arts...the whole MMA scene is a prime example whats that got to do with anything ? How do you go from Kung Fu an Gatka...to suddently having knowledge of edged weapons, swordsmanship, spears, daggers, mace etc...specific to Indo persian weaponry ?

Feel free to contact any weapons collectors, experts, Royal Armouries etc...they will tell to the design, weight, method of weilding indo persian bladed weapons iespecially swords is entirely different to the westen methods.

The questions still remain..who was his teacher ? Where did he learn these combat systems ? It's definitely not Gatka or Kung Fu. Although 1 thing I do agree with I did find an old demo video from Slough on google videos where there was some ritualistic dancing identical to what you see Gatka practioners doing...not sure what that was about.

Personally im not intrested in all the different belief set stuff...end of the day you got to be pretty stupid and weak minded if you end up on drigs etc by going to a martial arts class.

Cisco singh, if you don't know anything about him. why you representing him here? Can we get input from senior students of shastar vidya or close associates who pastered all the devi's pictures on shastarvidya and sarbloh website without actually going in depth of sargun and nirgun theology.

I be the last one to be insecure about mythological and historical relationship with sargun maya(shakti) in Gurmat. But whoever the p/r guy for nihang niddar singh definitely went over board with it with all the pictures of devi's, it takes new beginner of sikhi away from gurmat as not everybody could understand the depth...at the end of day they are energy points nothing else and devi's/devta's pictorial representation is not a true representation of energy because these energy exist in everyone and in every human being in form of chakras... by having pictorial form of energy in form of devi or devtas, it takes one away from exploring energy within than praying to these idols and bringing notions of polytheism in sikhi which is totally contary to Gurmat......In fact buddhism actually bought idols in india... they meant to give these energies pictorial form so normal pendu can understand it... it wasn't like this..it all back fire miserably, now so called snanatan sikhs from uk are doing the same thing bringing idols in sikhi.

Sri Guru Gobind Singh over and over in sri dasam granth again warns us from danger of falling into whirlpool of idols and idols worshiping be it devi or devta's or avtars and guru maharaj advise us focus should be shabad nirgun but sanatan sikhs from uk are falling same foot steps of many shiv shakat upasakhs and falling into some traps as many vaishavas/shaivas hindus did.

Cisco singh, if you don't know anything about him. why you representing him here? Can we get input from senior students of shastar vidya or close associates who pastered all the devi's pictures on shastarvidya and sarbloh website without actually going in depth of sargun and nirgun theology.

I be the last one to be insecure about mythological and historical relationship with sargun maya(shakti) in Gurmat. But whoever the p/r guy for nihang niddar singh definitely went over board with it with all the pictures of devi's, it takes new beginner of sikhi away from gurmat as not everybody could understand the depth...at the end of day they are energy points nothing else and devi's/devta's pictorial representation is not a true representation of energy because these energy exist in everyone and in every human being in form of chakras... by having pictorial form of energy in form of devi or devtas, it takes one away from exploring energy within than praying to these idols and bringing notions of polytheism in sikhi which is totally contary to Gurmat......In fact buddhism actually bought idols in india... they meant to give these energies pictorial form so normal pendu can understand it... it wasn't like this..it all back fire miserably, now so called snanatan sikhs from uk are doing the same thing bringing idols in sikhi.

Sri Guru Gobind Singh over and over in sri dasam granth again warns us from danger of falling into whirlpool of idols and idols worshiping be it devi or devta's or avtars and guru maharaj advise us focus should be shabad nirgun but sanatan sikhs from uk are falling same foot steps of many shiv shakat upasakhs and falling into some traps as many vaishavas/shaivas hindus did.

I think you've got it twisted, I dont represent anyone nor am I afflilated to any Jathebandi, I present my own views based on my own experiences and things I have seen. Which is exaxtly what internet forums are for, sensible discussion between individuals whatever theyre differing viewpoints maybe.

I dont think your going to have much luck with anyone from the "senior students of shastar vidya or close associates" as you put it, maybe they dont visit this forum. Your best bet is as I have said before go direct to the individuals concerned if your UK based and pose your queries, it's better than speculating on an online forum. If they dont reply to emails etc your only real option is to go visit personally at one of the akharas.

• 2 weeks later...

2. Have I really been disowned by Nihang groups in India?

I recently came across a letter published on the internet alleging mischief on my part and purporting to be signed by various heads of Nihang groups to which I am affiliated by tradition.

Alerted by the absence of letterheads or dates, and personally having met several of the supposed signatories within the past year, I contacted them. They assured me that the letter was a forgery and that the individuals involved in producing this fake document had been identified.

In fact, I was told that if they were ever spotted in any Nihang encampment in India in the future, they would be dealt with harshly, using the traditional form of punishment meted out to a slanderer. I will be visiting the Nihang leaders in person later this year on a research trip and will follow up on these discussions.

It appears that the motive of these character assassins is to diminish my standing and influence in the community. Why?

It is alleged that one of their underlying goals is to perpetrate what a wise old man once called ‘salvation fraud’, i.e. they wish to promote themselves as devout Nihangs for the purpose of establishing themselves as ‘gurus’ in the West amongst the unsuspecting Europeans. From this position of authority they would then be able to fully exploit and (mis)lead the trusting flock, misappropriating any funds received for their personal gain and generally establish themselves to pursue their dubious agendas of self aggrandisement.

It would appear that they see me as an obstacle in the pursuit of their strategy, because the history, philosophy and traditions I present through my books, websites and SV akharas help empower innocent people to see through such shallow characters and protect themselves from their despicable behaviour.

Rab rakha.

Ref :

Enjoy.

Niddar is hilarious, who was the person who poshed up this letter? I already know who you lot are going to accuse and I find it hilarious, would just find it more convincing if you guys weren't scared to name who supposedly made up the letter haha.

Also funny he's claiming others are claiming to be Gurus when he had the audacity to call himself a Gurdev

His response is hilarious, why doesn't he name the people when according to him the 'fraud' has been exposed.

t is alleged that one of their underlying goals is to perpetrate what a wise old man once called ‘salvation fraud’, i.e. they wish to promote themselves as devout Nihangs for the purpose of establishing themselves as ‘gurus’ in the West amongst the unsuspecting Europeans. From this position of authority they would then be able to fully exploit and (mis)lead the trusting flock, misappropriating any funds received for their personal gain and generally establish themselves to pursue their dubious agendas of self aggrandisement.

The above could easily be a self description of himself!