Balanced View of Hindu-Sikh Shaster Vidiya

taran0

I just love this video ! this is the shorter version and far more interesting

https://vimeo.com/67993514

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but this is an absolute genius level of comedy

any credibility that was left was smashed by this video,... hehhehehee

plus I love the bit, where his student prophesises the reincarnation of the yet unborn legend of Shastarvidiya, that will one day walk through the doors of the akhara and save shastarvidiya for all mankind.

and his son is a legend....

...brilliant ! whoever made this video should get an award !

one thing which struck me as odd is that whenever Nidar does a demo with his students, they all tend to 'pull their punches hold back and kind of are programmed to let him do his thing and ensure he looks good'. there are many occasions where they could just make a strike from behind or show that he has prematurely turned his back to an opponent with a simple strike to the head or neck, but they just hold back

also why is he teaching his students to fight from within the middle of a group of attackers, throwing out strikes randomly like a madman, surely you should pick one assailant and try to put him between you and the rest of the group, get on the outside so you are in a much better position to make an escape or be able to retaliate in any realistic way. and some would say you should never get into that situation in the first place.

the fact that Nidar went on national media and said he is the last shastarvidiya master, is a besti to his students, because it implies that none of his students are really good enough or have the potential to take over after him, so he is having to resort to advertising in mainstream newspapers looking for a potential candidate, who can show more promise then his current 'supposedly' useless students.

That's the funniest things I've seen for ages! I'm surprised that social services haven't seen the video and taken action to take his kid into care looking at how he's swinging the two kirpans around him.

His son seems to be more questioning of the sanatan warrior than any of his muppet students most of whom appear to suffer from mental health issues. This video confirms what I have always thought of Niddars gang, that they are a cult. In a cult, the leader can do and say any amount of BS and the cult followers will try and find the hidden teaching in the BS! If Niddar had taken his gang to Macs on the first day of starting his cult, most if not all would have seen the hypocrisy of someone claiming to be a Nihang eating meat from Macs which everyone knows is Halal. But the constant BS from Niddar over the years has turned the brains of his followers into shyt and they cannot see his hypocrisy.

I just love this video ! this is the shorter version and far more interesting

https://vimeo.com/67993514

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but this is an absolute genius level of comedy

any credibility that was left was smashed by this video,... hehhehehee

plus I love the bit, where his student prophesises the reincarnation of the yet unborn legend of Shastarvidiya, that will one day walk through the doors of the akhara and save shastarvidiya for all mankind.

and his son is a legend....

...brilliant ! whoever made this video should get an award !

one thing which struck me as odd is that whenever Nidar does a demo with his students, they all tend to 'pull their punches hold back and kind of are programmed to let him do his thing and ensure he looks good'. there are many occasions where they could just make a strike from behind or show that he has prematurely turned his back to an opponent with a simple strike to the head or neck, but they just hold back

also why is he teaching his students to fight from within the middle of a group of attackers, throwing out strikes randomly like a madman, surely you should pick one assailant and try to put him between you and the rest of the group, get on the outside so you are in a much better position to make an escape or be able to retaliate in any realistic way. and some would say you should never get into that situation in the first place.

the fact that Nidar went on national media and said he is the last shastarvidiya master, is a besti to his students, because it implies that none of his students are really good enough or have the potential to take over after him, so he is having to resort to advertising in mainstream newspapers looking for a potential candidate, who can show more promise then his current 'supposedly' useless students.

MacDonalds...part of any Sant Sipahis nutritious Gladiator breakfast.....

unbelievable. all of these followers need brain scans.

Apologies, if the answer to this question should be obvious, but could someone explain - as objectively as possible - about what is the issue with this guy Nidar Singh and his 'teaching' of sanatan shaster vidya?

Why is there so much hostility directed towards him on this forum?

do some reading http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/65362-warning-to-all-sikhs-do-not-waste-your-time-with-shastar-vidya/page-6

Apologies, if the answer to this question should be obvious, but could someone explain - as objectively as possible - about what is the issue with this guy Nidar Singh and his 'teaching' of sanatan shaster vidya?

Why is there so much hostility directed towards him on this forum?

They're generally personal ideoligy clashes you'll probbaly find a lot of the "haters" belong to various jathebandis that still think gatka "syncronised bhangra" is a valid martial art or Nidar Singh questioned some of their leaders or practices and they didnt like it. ... Now the ideoligy and philsophy angle I can agree with it's not mainstream Sikhi that Niddar Singh himself professes to follow. In that aspect there are valid points, I dont see Nidar Singh ever talking about real Sikh issues like Balwant Singh Rajoana, Fake encounters , extra judicial killings by Punjab police etc..

But if your looking in from a martial arts angle, dont worry about what the half the clowns on here have to say..none of them have any standing in martial arts circles that you should take any notice of what they say. Who would you rather believe accomplished martial artists, multple time world champions with years of experience..e.g: Pat O Malley, Maul Mornie or more recently one of the Dog Brothers crew who recently went to the Toronto seminar

Check out Shawn JKD's report on the Zirgeracademy website AKA Wandering Dog from Dog Brothers. For those who dont know who dog brothers are they train in full contact stick fighting Fillipino Kali etc.. These guys sent UFC a letter asking to join a few years ago and UFC said their system is to brutal for UFC... Now do you really think accomplished well known martial artists are going to put their repuation on the line by endorsing Nidar Singhs artform and skill level if was fake ???

Do you see any accomplished or well known martial artists from the western world endorsing Gatka or any gatka teacher or any gatka school ??? I never have..ask yourselves why not ...

Make sure you guys watch the FULL Vimeo video as well, originall posted earlier in the thread, the shorter version has clearly been edited by the anti Nidar crew to suit there puropses, In the fuil video 30 mins or so, you'll see some intresting techniques...Sinking of body mass, misalingnments, discussion of sword types and their purposes etc etc... Funny how all of this was removed from the shortened clip...

They're generally personal ideoligy clashes you'll probbaly find a lot of the "haters" belong to various jathebandis that still think gatka "syncronised bhangra" is a valid martial art or Nidar Singh questioned some of their leaders or practices and they didnt like it. ... Now the ideoligy and philsophy angle I can agree with it's not mainstream Sikhi that Niddar Singh himself professes to follow. In that aspect there are valid points, I dont see Nidar Singh ever talking about real Sikh issues like Balwant Singh Rajoana, Fake encounters , extra judicial killings by Punjab police etc..

But if your looking in from a martial arts angle, dont worry about what the half the clowns on here have to say..none of them have any standing in martial arts circles that you should take any notice of what they say. Who would you rather believe accomplished martial artists, multple time world champions with years of experience..e.g: Pat O Malley, Maul Mornie or more recently one of the Dog Brothers crew who recently went to the Toronto seminar

Check out Shawn JKD's report on the Zirgeracademy website AKA Wandering Dog from Dog Brothers. For those who dont know who dog brothers are they train in full contact stick fighting Fillipino Kali etc.. These guys sent UFC a letter asking to join a few years ago and UFC said their system is to brutal for UFC... Now do you really think accomplished well known martial artists are going to put their repuation on the line by endorsing Nidar Singhs artform and skill level if was fake ???

Do you see any accomplished or well known martial artists from the western world endorsing Gatka or any gatka teacher or any gatka school ??? I never have..ask yourselves why not ...

Make sure you guys watch the FULL Vimeo video as well, originall posted earlier in the thread, the shorter version has clearly been edited by the anti Nidar crew to suit there puropses, In the fuil video 30 mins or so, you'll see some intresting techniques...Sinking of body mass, misalingnments, discussion of sword types and their purposes etc etc... Funny how all of this was removed from the shortened clip...

I practice gatka and I agree with you on that point, but for me his ideology and type of students be produced is alarming. Most with Sanatan mat who cringe at any ideology associated with Khalsa being Niara and "Jab eh gaye bipran ki reet, main na karoun inh ki parteet".

As for his martial art I keep going back and forth whether I consider him to be a good martial artist or not. I would have to see him fight against a bjj/escrima/kali fighter to really know.

Endorsements may show gatka lacks but it doesn't show that he is the real deal, there is a great deal more needed. This is a half a@@@ed way to legitimize him.

Can you provide the full 30 min video and the edorsement links? The 10 min video was uploaded by the creator of the documentary.

I practice gatka and I agree with you on that point, but for me his ideology and type of students be produced is alarming. Most with Sanatan mat who cringe at any ideology associated with Khalsa being Niara and "Jab eh gaye bipran ki reet, main na karoun inh ki parteet".

As for his martial art I keep going back and forth whether I consider him to be a good martial artist or not. I would have to see him fight against a bjj/escrima/kali fighter to really know.

Endorsements may show gatka lacks but it doesn't show that he is the real deal, there is a great deal more needed. This is a half a@@@ed way to legitimize him.

Can you provide the full 30 min video and the edorsement links? The 10 min video was uploaded by the creator of the documentary.

Seen plenty of these so called dangerous martial arts "masters" like Niddar and his chelle making tall claims. But when facing a real martial artist they get beaten. Look at this video of a similar master of a dangerous martial arts vs an ordinary mma practitioner.