Balanced View of Hindu-Sikh Shaster Vidiya

taran0

I am writing this peace based on my own experience with students of nihang niddar singh in general via sikhawareness.com, meeting them personally in akhara/ socially.

Nihang Niddar Singh Students and Shiv Shakti:

Whilst most nihangs in India are fairly familiar with sargun and nirgun relationship in Gurmat and the importance of nirgun shabad.Unfortunately, same cannot be said for students of nihang niddar singh. Lot of students of nihang niddar singh are stuck in this vicious cycle of shiv shakti concept (which is just part of sargun) instead of seeing gurmat in its full view (both sargun and nirgun) but there are some serious students who are still in path of Gurmat.

There is no doubt nihangs in general pay lot of respect to shakti ( an concept as part of sargun maya listed in sri sarbloh granth) as shastar/dev shakti as its integral part of being a nihang(based on sri sarbloh granth sidhant its parvan in gurmat) but while doing so nihang parchariks always at the end - convey the importance of nirgun shabad- Vahiguroo.

However in the akhara, intertwined relationship between sargun and nirgun and importance of nirgun is not pro-actively explained (for whatever reason) to young students/students of all age so for new students it will appear the vidya itself is primarily focus on shiv shakti until they get to learn about last void pentra or instead of student looking at the full picture of vidya..!!

Hence, you have highly misguided students who wrapped their head soley around on shiv shakti concept which is part of sargun maya- have all kind of limited power hindu deities pictures on their online facebook profiles pictures/ forum avtars etc instead of looking at the bigger picture or see gurmat in its totality.

I met another student back in sikh student camp uk 2003 or 2004. This highly misguided soul was wearing ganesh ji tshirt, not only he idiolized shiv shakti/sargun maya concept from the akhara by wrapping his around - shakti/sargun maya concept but this twat was actually using sikhi as platform just to piss off his separated brother -right wing nut bar mindset on the other side and potentially every sane sikh out there..!!

As far shastarvidya goes, i have no question/doubts on its authenticity as it was explained by nihang niddar singh himself to me (all pentras) but have grave concerns how methodology is presented and methodology being misunderstood where actual nirgun aspect in Gurmat gets clouded by sargun rituals so much so that lot of students are actually becoming more - snantan shiv shakat upasakhs/followers rather than Khalsa who is nirgun shabad upasakh.!!!!

Gurmat sidhant clearly list the importance of nirgun vahiguroo in 21st asthapadi of sri sukhmani sahib where maharaj has clearly said to followers of all shaktis to rise above from all these shakti/daiv shakti/shiv shakti as in nirgun there is nothing, no shiv nor its shakti. He is above from all of that..!!

You can listen to katha of 21 asthapadi by sant gyani gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale. Sant Ji explains it all..I think 21 asthpadi vaikhiya is indicates actual tat of gurmat where maharaj wanted to take us..!!!

RSS and Nihang Niddar Singh:

There is no evidence to suggest that uk nihangs- student of nihang niddar singh ji or nihang niddar singh himself have any affiliations with RSS. However, their website is quoted on numerous occasions by RSS themselves quoting sikhs worshipping shiv shakti to basically to prove RSS aim all along. So yea- Nihangs of UK are not RSS but they surely creating an environment or letting RSS exploiting their websites and quote to basically prove sikhs are hindus.

Akhara and Students of Nihang Niddar Singh:

It's open akhara without too much thought in upholding higher Gurmat values but rather just teaching raw shastarvidya/shakti- sargun concept - providing only one aspect(shakti) in sikhi instead of giving full gurmat view in it totality and without looking at broader implications how it could impact newcomer sikhs.

In whole akhara there are might be 10 serious students which i respect who are actually there to learn the martial art with full dedication and devotion rest are all time passers, gossipi singhs (females trapped in singhs body) who just trying to "fit in", hide their own shortomcoming behind akhara and use akhara as platform to lash out their own grievances against various jatha and institutions in extreme manner and off course nihang niddar singh and general budda dal hostile attitude towards akj and taksal mehta post sant kartar singh bhindranwale time does not help either but rather perpetuates this cycle of hate.

I am not sure about nihang niddar singh but his close associates (not serious students) but his close associates like narsingha and co were actually one point part of right wing thought. They revolted went totally like left wing and hijack the nihang bana and gurmat to fight their own silly tribal wars..just like we have partakh example in cyber space- harjas kaur khalsa who used to be on extreme right but after hearing extreme right parchar for so long, she revolted went on extreme left. Now you will find her posting on rss websites.

Nihang Niddar Singh should acknowledge this shortcoming and accept full responsibility and accountability of amount of choas - disunity in the panth which was created when their website first came out if his main was to spread/preserve lost tradition such as shastar vidya and get maximum impact from it

Alcohol, Sukha and Nihangs:

Apparently, this is a problem in uk but its actually an problem originated from nihang dals. It appears they don't have any intention of stopping alcohol problem and sukha abuse in dals may be its not widespread..i don't know. I don't think they care as much anymore unless jathedar is pakka on Gurmat. I am not in the dals so i cannot speak for the ground reality there, as i said may be they are down playing this alcohol problem in nihang dals because its not widespread problem.

But i do know for fact -sharab is not something that is almost unheard of in the dals, its so much so that they even have special name for it- its refer to as "panj ratani". I think the nihang niddar singh cannot be soley blamed for this issue as he just following previous leaders- its inhertied in nihangs there are sakhiya some of jathedars have no issue having - panj ratani.

They consider alchohol/panj ratani as one of amrit(gem) given to them by shiv ji

(How outrageous that even sounds compare to dhan dhan dhan sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj giving amrit to his khalsa)

So we need to look at the root of problem when it comes to alcohol. The whole mindset has to be change from authority in dal from top to bottom.

Restaurant processed meat and UK Nihangs:

I am myself veggie. I among many senior taksali have no issue with chatka done in proper nihang maryada with chandi di vaar patt so on and so forth but its outright disrespectful from true nihang perspective to have restaurant processed meat and they all know that. But they do it anyway. It's sets an quite bad precedence among youths getting into sikhi and its contrary to sikh martial traditions..!!

UK Nihangs and SGPC:

I don't blame budda dal nihangs or nihangs of uk generally being anti-sgpc. From their perspective, they have every right to be against ferengi institution which kicked them out and throw sri dasam granth maharaj out of darbar sahib but with that being said within budda dal nihangs there are many under the carpret issues they have to address and clean up before they can claim any authority over sri akaal takth sahib..!!

These are my unbias take on this subject. While nihang niddar singh can be held responsible for creating hostile situation and disunity/division in the panth but the root of the problem remains exactly in budda dal itself (now making having presence in UK) where dal needs to address lot of under the carpet issues and do clean up before they can even suggest that - they are some sort of martial authority in the panth.!!

thanks N30S1NGH

Really appreciate the honesty, we are in the process of compiling a load of similar personal experiences from diferent people, and we will be presenting the findings to all the sangat, i think if the parents and sangat knew they would not allow their kids to go there.

this is a new situation that the sangat is dealing with, kalyug influencing young sikhs through gatka training, when kids say im going to gatka parents think oh thats good, and let them go, unaware of what is being preached there.

Since setting up the website we have had various emails from individuals who have either been to his classes or know people who go there and there is much talk of substance abuse.

everyoen knows the situation in punjab in terms of aclohol and drug abuse, if not read the following article The Menace of Drug Addiction and Alcoholism amongst Sikh Youths in Punjab By Dr.Amarjit Singh.U.K.

There are many economic, cultural and government influenced issues that has caused this situation in punjab and we dont need the same thing here in the UK. when we are free from those issues.

at the end of the day like Niddars students keep saying everyone has their own opinion and they have a right to it, I have no need to change anyones opinion if they beleive in shastarvidiya then you are welcome, all we are going to do is present the facts and people's experiences to the sangat and let them decide for themself.

dont we tell our kids and little cousins, when they first go to secondary school , stay away from people who smoke or go on sessions, concentrate on your education and dont mess about. we been there so we know what goes on.

we dont say go to secondary school little cousin and be open minded and try everything out for yourself, the people who take drugs and session even give them a chance and have a go with them and make your own mind up.

we all have a right to warn and steer our youngsters onto a good path, one that doesnt invovle alcohol and marijuana and unhealthy KFC buckets.

wjkkwjfkateh

taran0 veer,

Thanks for your efforts. Akali Nihang Baba Joginder Singh Ji Budda dal is in england at the moment. Have you thought of taking to him about it?

I am personally not in favor of shutting the whole nihang niddar singh shastar vidya training center which is spreading the lost martial art by training/demos etc (as good things are happening every day) and serious seekers are learning the actual art. However those points you mentioned needs to be addressed and fixed by nihang niddar singh..if not then by someone with authority in budda dal - someone like - akali nihang baba joginder singh ji.

Budda dal is a misl institution where each nihang singh pay allegiance to the dal and each nihang singh have license and each nihang singh suppose to follow certain maryada to continue to hold the license which implies license could be revoked anytime if you are mis-representing budda dal or going away from budda dal maryada.

Jathedar joginder singh ji budda dal has a moral responsibility to fix these serious issues you listed in the blog.

It has been difficult watching friends and people I was very close too change! They now mock me and other members of the Sangat as Vashnu Sikhs or Basuria (sp?) havent a clue what these terms mean in detail :blush2: But I was like okey whatever.

bhasuria - a term for a follower of babu teja singh bhasaur, who was thrown out of the Khalsa Panth.

Vaishnu - vegetarians, also can be followers of Sri Vishnu.

So is nidar a recognised leader/representative of Buddah dal in the uk??

I saw what was going on there and the general mindset of glastonbury singhs, displaying g@nja leaves on their facebook pages and going to dub dances to smoke weed and 'meditate' as some next dimension that I just wasn't aware of!

Niddar SIngh isnt recognised as rep of Buddha Dal in Uk anymore, i think he was at one time.

smoking weed is deffo no-no for sikhs, a sikh would never smoke at all, and this is just crazy. If someone needs marijuana it has to be in line with the tradition started by the Gurus.

just posted another article about shastar vidiya in the second world war

http://www.shastervi...in-world-war-2/

and tonight we got something awesome to show everyone, all im sayign is be ready fro this one !

Beautifully put and an essential perspective that most people are in denial about.

Looking forward to it.

Inttresting articale..but still not very conclusive to educated or intelligent readers. Firstly it's Khalsa rehit to train in the arts of war.."Sant-Sipahi" concept goes hand in hand...one without the other is not a complete Sikh way of life you cannot uphold Dharam without the "sipahi" concept. A prime example of loss of martial culture is the delhi 1984 riots... hw many Singhs were caught off gaurs without weapons, and knowledge of their use ?

You do realise some of the people you mention are Nihangs who were trained in Shastar Vidiya anyway ??

" With such a ped­i­gree and his­tory of sac­ri­fice from our ancest­ors. with such examples of bravery as Baba Deep singh Ji, Bhai Mani Singh ji , Sukha Singh Mehtab Singh, Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, Bhai Fauja Singh Ji and count­less oth­ers, our roots give us strength, our Guru Gives us pur­pose and we must always be ready to fight for hon­our and justice. This Sikh Spirit is what made the Sikhs into great war­ri­ors not some hocus pocus pen­tras and hand movements. "

Sukha Singh is listed as one of the previous Gurdevs of the Akali Baba Darbara Singh Akhara ... Mehtab Singh was also a Nihang as was Baba Deep Singh ... Spirit and Spirtuality alone is not enough you cannot neglect the way of the warrior. So every Sikh should make it their duty to be train in combat arts along with their spirituality...do both but dont neglect either.