I blame Jatts

Mann-Sahib

All those who are speaking out against the original poster, I will not only believe you guys but will in fact salute you the day when you marry off your Amritdhari daughters to an Amritdhari Singh belonging to a background totally different to yours. Until then, have fun posting whatever on Sikhsangat.com, an online Sikh forum where you can use fake names and make comments without any accountability :)

WOW so jatts have something to prove to mehtab singh?

Singh prove to me your all for equality by staying at home and looking after your kids(if/when/i your currently have them)....apparently until then your opinon doesnt really mean much? who knows if your name is realy mehtab singh lol

WOW so jatts have something to prove to mehtab singh?

Singh prove to me your all for equality by staying at home and looking after your kids(if/when/i your currently have them)....apparently until then your opinon doesnt really mean much? who knows if your name is realy mehtab singh lol

• Did I mention Jatts anywhere? What I said is for anyone who believes in castes. Seems like I hit a nerve? :)
  • Not sure how staying at home is equivalent to believing in equality?
  • I was given with the name Mehtab 10 weeks before I was blessed with Amrit, and after I was blessed it was Mehtab Singh. I come from a Punjabi Brahmin family and could have very well enjoyed forever the tag and label of being a so-called high caste person, but I spat on it and turned to Sikhi.

Any more questions? :)

seriously you do know what this topic is called dont you? im assuming most posters have basic language skills.

well if marrying your daughter to someone of a different caste is indicative of not believing in caste then surely you could say the same for my proposition?

nothing should be spat on being born into a brahmin family a dalit family etc there is no difference,

p.s you didnt hit a nerve just suprised you posted something so ridiculous, normally your posts are logical/rational

im assuming most posters have basic language skills.
Well i hope they do, why though? Can't i make a general statement? Why should my comment be taken as indicative towards all Jatts when i didn't mention anything about them? I know the topic was started about Jatts, but I chose (unlike the original poster) not to put the entire blame of castes on one single community.
well if marrying your daughter to someone of a different caste is indicative of not believing in caste then surely you could say the same for my proposition?
Which proposition? Staying at home is equality? That one? Or did you mean gender equality, as in, the guy stays home with kids and the wife works? Please clarify.
nothing should be spat on being born into a brahmin family a dalit family etc there is no difference,
Spat on the cancerous caste system is what i referred to. I myself don't really care what so-called "caste" anyone is born into.
p.s you didnt hit a nerve just suprised you posted something so ridiculous, normally your posts are logical/rational
How is it ridiculous veer? Several Gursikhs do marry their daughters into other backgrounds. That is what Sikhi teaches, correct? Its not that hard, is it?

What is utterly ridiculous is the fact that we as Sikhs are still caught up in castes. And its not just Jatts, let me make that very clear. There are several non-Jatts out there as well who are as messed up in the head about castes as anyone else. The original poster who claims to be Jatt is only basing his opinion on what he personally has come across. I've seen it exist on all quarters, so I did not make a comment specifically targeting Jatts. Happy now veer? :)

thats probably my fault then reading the topics its hard not to take the comments as anti-jatt basically!

my point being you are not a bad person or a bad amritdhari for marrying your daughter to a jatt neither is this applicable the other way around (marrying a non jatt)

for me im proud to be a jatt not because i believe in a caste system but because my forefathers were farmers and there hard work helped me get here in the same way i would be proud to be a tharkan/chamar whatever etc.

Veerji, Gurbani is against any such pride, but I understand what you are saying. If you are proud of the contributions of your forefathers, whether it was farming or standing up against injustice (lets be fair and admit it, a very large number of Singhs who attained Shaheedi in history were of Jatt background), then more power to you, or anyone who is proud of the contributions of his/her ancestors to the Sikh qaum.

Does Sikhi teach that?

is there anything in Sikhi or where the Guru' s gave partakh bachan to marry your daughters into other backgrounds?

What Sikhi teaches is not to follow any jaat paat. Those who don't they don't hesitate to marry their daughters into other backgrounds different from theirs especially if both boy and girl are Amritdhari. Marrying off one's son/daughter without bothering about so-called castes is an implication of not abiding by any jaat-paat, and yes that is what Sikhi teaches. I request you to please consider the entire context of the message :)