sikhs and alcohol

curioustoknow

of course it was consumed, during Ranjit Singh's time. What vice was left that Sikhs couldn't be accused of at that time?

cowardice, running from battle (after Sham Singh Attari's shaheedi), to corruption, greed, If Ghulab Singh/Teja Singh/ Dhian Singh could be considered Sikhs

then of course alcohol was consumed.

The reason there's warnings in Guru Granth Sahib Ji is because Guru Ji knew it would be a temptation, even to Sikhs.

(I know u stated above that it's not acceptable in gurmat), but your answer was a bit ambiguous and misleading. You made it sound like if it was consumed during

Ranjit Singh's time than it's historical and okay to do it.......sort of like the Niddar's ppl.

interesting to note alcohol isnt a new thing for sikhs...there are accounts of singhs in ranjits army being very excessive drinkers...but it being acceptable in terms of gurmat is a total different matter... historically though there is no doubt alcohol was consumed by sikhs

That's like Sikhs in 100 years time in the future, saying "in the times when that niddar was around Sikhs used to consume alcohol" no real basis because we all no those that consume alcohol and intoxicants in this present time are really Gursikhs!!

lol

Imagine all the stuff some Sikhs do now a days. Two hundred years from now they will claim it to be puratan maryada.

Hopefully they see both your and my post and save themselves for this trap though! lol

I genuinelly hope so too veeray, but I'm thinking some people are so thick headed that they will always argue that 'black is white' and 'day is night' even though all the evidence is exactly the opposite!! Chaal kohy nahee, a pawn will always think of itself as more, but everyone else knows exactly what they are!!