Chandi and Guru Sahib.

13Mirch

http://www.studiesincomparativereligion.com/uploads/ArticlePDFs/74.pdf

Linked above is a very interesting article about Shakta and Shakti.

From what little understanding I got:

Shakti is the Power of Akaal Purakh.

Durga, Chandi, Laxmi, Annapurna, Kali etc. are Adi-Shakti's incarnations that have been formed when in need.

Reading the Uggradanti bani helps to understand how the 'Shakti' phenomenon really works...and the bani's simply beautiful!

P.S. The above linked article is more inclined towards the Hindu philosophy of Adi-Shakti. So, obviously it does not entirely fit the Sakhi of Sri Dusht Daman Avatar...

Waheguru! I wish I could be of more help...but isn't there any Taksali or Nihang Singh around you, who could help you with translations?

Also, to understand most of it one has to know quite a bit of the Hindu (so-called) mythology.

Through out the bani, Guru Saheb talk of various warriors, saints, Devi-Devte etc. etc. only to explain that the basic of everything is Shakti...and that It is all Akaal Purakh's Shakti that is being occured!!!

In previous yugs she manifestated herself into her most common form...but in kalyug chandi has manifested herself into the sword as her sargun saroop..

Thats the probably most accurate explanation i ever heard regarding this subject...i think i heard this one before from gyani inderjit singh ji katha who is a student of sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale