help! severe depression and suicidal thoughts

Currytofu

wjkk wjkf

im an amritdhari sikh and i try my best to do nitnem and seva etc. but life has gotten so difficult the past couple of years... its hard to deal with all the problems. im sick of living in depression and have thought of taking my life many times, but i know that is against the will of waheguru.

so how do i get out of this depression and stop these thoughts???

I was looking at this site and saw your cry for help and my heart went out to you. Depression is a horrible thing I know and I can only sympathise with your situation. I really do believe (and hope you believe too) that God has put the mental, spiritual, emotional strength in all of us to cope with these challenges. Your message and this reply are tiny proofs of that.

We talk in my tradition about 'counting your blessings' at times like this. Life has both mountain tops and deep valleys and when you are in a valley you have to keep reminding yourself of the previous mountain tops; How clear the air was and how beautiful the view. You may have a hard climb ahead of you to get out of this valley and up to the next peak but don't give up my friend it will all be worth it and you will be a better, stronger person for it.

Finally, I believe that when you change your prespective from looking down to looking up you will also see that you are not alone on this journey. God bless you my friend.

wjkk wjkf

im an amritdhari sikh and i try my best to do nitnem and seva etc. but life has gotten so difficult the past couple of years... its hard to deal with all the problems. im sick of living in depression and have thought of taking my life many times, but i know that is against the will of waheguru.

so how do i get out of this depression and stop these thoughts???

Do an ardas to Maharaji ji asking for help. Do it from your heart, and go to the doctors, sounds like u need professional help if its been going on for so long. You need to talk to somebody, you need professional help for it to stop if you are finding it difficult to live with. The doctors are there to help us, to be afraid of talking to them.

Find what you enjoy and pursue that. It is easy in this day and age to get absorbed in problems we have but we must remember it is all a test of faith. If Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj fell at the first hurdle where would we be now? Stay strong.. Do lots of naam simran and stay around the people you love and who love you.. It is hard, many of us at some stage in life have wanted to give up but you must find the thing in your life that motivates you. Look back on what you have achieved and strive for so much more. Do ardas as simran345 has said..

Don't give up :happy2:

I am a GP. Please see your GP. He or she will ask you a few questions to gauge the problem after first listening to how you have been feeling and then decide with you about the options to sort it out. This could be medication, time out eg a sick note for work, counselling/ therapy services or referral for supportive community services.

Depression is common and we see patients daily with either new presentations or for supportive care for ongoing management. Everyone's depression is unique and management needs to be individually tailored and tweeked. What you need to remember is that it is curable with help and you will get better. Your first appointment may feel like a whirlwind tour (10mins per patient is often just too short a consultation) - but make sure you see (ideally the same doctor) again within the next 4 weeks.