Nirvkaalaap Saamadhi

Normal Human being like us have three avasthas/states. Nirvakalap Smadh is enlighten state/thoughtless "Awareness" state and also called maha smadhi state where there is no coming back:

To explain it better, here are three states:

1. Jagrath Avasthas- This state is awakened state.

2. Suapoun Avastha- This state is dream state

3. Sukhopat Avastha- This state is deep sleep state, where there is no suffering or any pain, no knowledge just thoughtless deep sleep state- mind stays in the root. Hence, why after being awakened from deep sleep state, one says- i had very good sleep- deep sleep.

Enlightened state without any suffering or pain is kind of like - thoughtless deep sleep state. However, major difference in enlighten state that is thoughtless "awareness" state, and there is no risk of falling to normal state. Enlighten being always stays in - thoughtless awareness state in deep meditation. Although enlighten being while alive- have dual consciousness - one for worldy activity and other- thoughtless meditation. He/she is not attached with worldly activity, he is nirlaip(free) from illusion. His/her consciousness is advait(non dual). He/she consider everyone as god- sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai. He expereince universal love fully advait(non duality- god is everywhere, god is in everyone including me) including this illusion world as supreme soul/god itself have created this play or matrix and people who realize its illusion or break the matrix able to see- world is just an thought just like wave(thought) coming out from the ocean for sometime it appears different or comes out but then it merges back in the ocean. World which it appears is just an wave in the ocean current, real essence of world is ocean as no matter how big wave is, it merges back in the ocean.

This is must listen. Please listen to audio by sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale regarding characteristics of Jevan Mukht and Bedah Mukht. Basically people who cannot understand punjabi...i will try to explain as much my buddhi can:

http://www.gurmatvee....Hai.mp3 (From 80.55 minutes until end)

Jevan Mukht- A person who is jevan mukht stays in sehaj avastha, have double consciousnesses, can engage in worldly duties because their sattvic mind(satoguni mind) is still there to do parchar/spread love/kindness to this world, rajo and tamogun portion of mind its destroyed.

Bedah Mukht- A person who is bedah mukht can only survive days, they are in nirvkalap samadhi(non transcendental meditative state), they have totally negate their mind (made of rajo, tamo, sato), antish karan, there is no coming back, they cannot do kriya on their own, their disciples try to feed them just to keep them alive to see them in smadhi.

Sant Hari Singh Ji Randhawale said in divan, he came across with such one person of bedah mukht avastha who was at bedah muhkht avastha at haridvar, there were lines of people who were awaiting to do their darshan.

People who don't believe in great sakhiya baba deep singh ji cutting their head and fighting or bhai mani singh shaheedi should research more on bedah mukht avastha before getting stuck in web of sansas(doubts).

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

Thanks Neo.

The katha by Sant Jagjit Singh Ji is very interesting.

How can one achieve such a Saamadhi? Is it similar to Nihkalpang Saamadhi?

According to Vichar Sagar the four obstacles to this state are laziness, being distracted, passion and enjoyment of maya. How do we over come these obstacles?

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

sometimes you dont have to do anything - you just get it automatically and it will go away automatically aswell....For some they remain in brahmgyaan forever for example watch the youtube documentaries on swami ramakrishan parmhans and swami ramana maharishi

For whatever "spiritual achievements" you want there are 1429 angs of Gurbani and a lifestyle laid out for us by Guru Sahib. Follow obediently, love gurbani and naam and everything will come naturally. All guru sahib has done hukam to us is to do prema bhagti and follow his rehat to aid us in this prema bhagti. Why put your mind to other things? And if it is something you need to achieve, then as I mentioned, thats what this whole reason for this gurbani and this marag given to us.

Absolutely every obstacle there is is removed sehaj naal while following Guru Sahib humbly daily, following Guru Sahib with every breath in fact. For what other purpose do you think maharaj has laid out this lifestyle for us? There is no other way, no shortcuts. Even if you find a way to deal with one particular thing, this is not the Sikh way to isolate a problem or aim for a particular thing, such an achievement will only increase ego. Maharaj has already written plenty of times in Gurbani, we can control plenty of vikaars, overcome various obstacles, achieve various things, but doing so is absolutely worthless. You will spend so much time on achieving one thing, when we could just humbly get on with devotion to naam and let your Peer Satguru take care of the rest.

Its interesting to note that there has been a thread on spirituality on a Sikh messageboard and not a single mention of naam once.

Naam bina sabh koor galee hocheea

(btw i dont mean to write so many posts in one go, but the edit function is not working or I would have added these bits to my first post in the thread).

According to Vichar Sagar the four obstacles to this state are laziness, being distracted, passion and enjoyment of maya. How do we over come these obstacles?

Pooran Bairaag for union with Vahiguroo Ji and Pooran Prem for Vahiguroo ji is must to over come these obstacles. Poran Bairaag will rise one from this world and its attachment and where poran prem will attach our surti to IkOngkar (One Universal Non Dual Advait Vahiguroo which is self-pervading everywhere and in everyone)..!!!!!

Tuhadaas veer ji,

Nirvakalp Samadhi is actually higher stage than listening to shabad naam with surti It's even higher than dasam dwar. Shabad cease to exist in higher realm but shabad which point towards nirgun gyan that stays in nirvakalp samadhi stage- thoughtless awareness stage:

Maharaj says from gurbani ang - 943

Antar sunan bar sunan taribhavan sunn masunnan.

The absolute Lord is deep within; the absolute Lord is outside us as well. The absolute Lord totally fills the three worlds.

Chauthe sunnai jo nar janai ta ko o pap na punan.

One who knows the Lord in the fourth state, is not subject to virtue or vice.

Now I understand there are some who are stuck in dasam dwar stage think thats final stage and wrap their head around physical version of sachkhand but that does not mean there is no stage further (chauta padd- thoughtless awareness state- turiya) or further stage/state does not exist.

The screenshot you are seeing above is from sant isher singh ji rara sahib wale dairy, its not only him but all his predecessors along with all samparda's mahapursh- taksal mahapursh, nirmale sampardai mahapursh etc align with gurbani beleive in nirvakalp samadhi being final stage of full union with nirankar- sachkhand. People who are devoid of gurmat or hybrid nirgun sargun vaddis call nirvkalap smadhi/shuniya as empty/annihilation/nothingness but according to gurbani after dasam dvar is state of sunn in sunn mandal where one merges with nirgun paratma who is in its thoughtless awareness state..!!!!!!!!