Omnivore vs Herbavore

curioustoknow

I believe that before the great flood humans only ate vegetation...this is what the Torah tells us, "And gave him all the vegetation of the field to eat"

but I do believe that after the flood, God commanded Noah to make a sacrificial offering and eat the meat making an allowance for the eating of meat.

Now there is all kinds of restrictions on the eating of meat, but it is allowed, in Abrahamic faiths of course...not talking about Sikhism here....

But in other parts of the world there is different belief systems on what you can and cannot eat, such as Sikhism, only vegetarian

I have been meditating on why this would be, why would one set of people be allowed to eat a certain kind of food, yet another set of people a different kind of food.

So here is my conclusion: Sikhism recognizes the different belief systems right? So to me that sounds like Guru Nanaak knew something he didn't completely reveal. Maybe, now this is just speculation based on my research and personal opinion.

Here is what I get from it: Sikhs have a purpose to fulfill, Muslims have a purpose, Christians have a purpose, jews have a purpose, Hindus have a purpose...and so on and so forth. So Maybe, each set of people, to fulfill their purpose, may need a different set/ type of nutrient intake.

I don't know...what do you guys think?

what things do sikhs do that other people don't? personally i don't eat meat because why kill something just for the taste of the tounge? they also have a right to life? how would we feel if another specices kept us and bred us just to take our children away and have them killed? we have the ability to think and sympathise.

Sikhs whipped the Mughals oppressing behinds back into the hole they creeped out of. So certaintly Muslims don't eat meat to protect others. SIkhs showed them they didn't need meat to raise the Khalsa flag over their heads.

Mods this is just another meat eating thread. It is obvious the OP is trying promote meat eating here. Her other thread was closed, so please do the same thing here as you know how this thread will end.

So here is my conclusion: Sikhism recognizes the different belief systems right? So to me that sounds like Guru Nanaak knew something he didn't completely reveal. Maybe, now this is just speculation based on my research and personal opinion.

No, nothing was kept hidden. We don't eat meat theologically, (besides other practical and personal reasons) because of the belief in karma and reincarnation. So eating animals, will have a negative impact on spiritual journey, because we have to take births to pay back the karma of eating the animal and making in suffer.

Personally, I think people ate different things because of the different regions they lived in, not because of a purpose. It's pretty hard to find vegetation in the desert and snowy areas. So people ate what they could find. That's why most people near the coasts will have fish in their diets.

HOWEVER, in the modern times, the best diet is vegetarian, because now fruits/vegetables are available at all times and all places. Most people agree that meat eaters are huge contributors to global warming and scarcity/starvation. Also eating meat is unhealthy (unsaturated fats, and diseases)...go to any vegan website or slaughterhouse movie on youtube and it will become apparent that in modern times, vegetarian diet is best.

man you guys seriously need to stop I'm truly trying to learn and speculate and find answers and besides, I haven't promoted eating meat, did I once give an excuse why you guys should eat meat? No, I am simply trying to contemplate the meaning behind creating us vegetarian, then allowing us to be omnivorous, then turning us back into vegetarians.

I mean, seriously no offense to anyone, but when I look at a cow my first thought is to eat it

But maybe there's something I am missing?

Animals don't suffer when you eat them, they just die, like swatting a fly, even though in my personal opinion, swatting a fly is worse than killing for food because at least when you kill for food, there is a greater purpose in motion than just temporary discomfort

I believe that before the great flood humans only ate vegetation...this is what the Torah tells us, "And gave him all the vegetation of the field to eat"

but I do believe that after the flood, God commanded Noah to make a sacrificial offering and eat the meat making an allowance for the eating of meat.

Now there is all kinds of restrictions on the eating of meat, but it is allowed, in Abrahamic faiths of course...not talking about Sikhism here....

But in other parts of the world there is different belief systems on what you can and cannot eat, such as Sikhism, only vegetarian

I have been meditating on why this would be, why would one set of people be allowed to eat a certain kind of food, yet another set of people a different kind of food.

Here is what I get from it: Sikhs have a purpose to fulfill, Muslims have a purpose, Christians have a purpose, jews have a purpose, Hindus have a purpose...and so on and so forth. So Maybe, each set of people, to fulfill their purpose, may need a different set/ type of nutrient intake.

I don't know...what do you guys think?

Sikhs don't believe in the flood story.

Sikhism respects other religions, but we don't believe in other people's teachings.

Guru Nanak didn't hide anything. He said that fools argue over meat and flesh.

A Sikh's purpose is to merge their mind with God, thus achieving liberation.

We've had meat eating discussions on here. People eat meat or don't eat meat because that is their choice.

I think mods should close this thread, just like the others.

Animals don't suffer when you eat them, they just die, like swatting a fly, even though in my personal opinion, swatting a fly is worse than killing for food because at least when you kill for food, there is a greater purpose in motion than just temporary discomfort

Well, I hope you are not eating live animals.

Would you slit your own throat, to have meat with your bread?

--Bhagat Kabir

What greater purpose? If you want to learn about Sikhi, then go read Gurbani. If you can't bother to read Gurbani, then what makes any Sikh think you will respect them for one second?

You showed your true colors by saying i can't read Gurbani because i will go to hell and then with the same mouth state that i don't follow modern Islam. You have no stand. Go read your koran and understand what it says about taking a stand.