"The vilification of Sikhs" - PR by NSYF in response to Indian media reporting

Pyara

They further commented that they “…don’t have any control in the way the (Indian) media is reporting this incident”, and that interpreting them in this way was “completely incorrect”.

The NSYF Press Office will be providing a full analysis of the reporting in this incident, and writing to individual news agencies about the misrepresented facts of the Indian army invasion of Amritsar code named ‘operation blue star’.

If somebody from NSYF is reading this post, or somebody in contact with NSYF, it is worth noting that fundamental Hindutva media such as NDTV/ABP News/AajTak/Zee News braodcasting in the UK are hence regulated by Ofcom, so their reporting should be based on facts, and opinions/views are viewer's views. Although they try their level best in India to project Sikhs/Muslims/Christians as terrorists and Hindus as holy people burning these terrorists alive by putting tyres in their necks, demolishing their religious places. these media broadcast of the same programme's in UK should be reported.

Remember - Any community in India asking for justice either living in India or abroad is declared a terrorist :).

We so need this...but to ensure the longetvity, i agree twe should have a fully paid individual and not just based on good will.

Excellent idea...i will def support this initiative!

In the absence of any established UK Sikh Organisation taking any lead whatsoever in the last week during which the global Sikh image just got openly crapped on by the Indian media, we need to stand together and support the NSYF initiative as a media task force to combat and tackle the continuous Indian media slur and misinformation being generated by the elites.

Established SCUK, SFUK, BSC, NSO etc, clearly lack the capacity and acumen to steer this.

Any reps from the established jathebandies who keep telling us not to be too critcal as they are doing a lot behind the scenes. I'm sorry, but I salute NSYF for stepping up.

We know SCUK are working with Shepherds Bush gurdwara, but it would be good to see some statement however brief. We are into the second week and we have seen no response from any of our so-called panthic leaders. Are these your true colours when at the time of need you all hide.

• 2 weeks later...