Amritdharis and non-amritdharis.

13Mirch

Very good post.

I think it is because of lots of low quality amritdharies as RKK mentions that put the dirt (mehl) in the cup,- which ends up discolouring all.

On the other hand, there are many non amritdharies and monai that are much more spiritual and connected with the naam from within.

I disagree that you have to be amritdhari to experience the anand of naam as stated by RKK, as there are many monai that think and function in a more gurmat and nirgun manner than some fellow amritdharis.

How easy is it to find a REAL gursikh from a crowd of sikhs ???

Lets say their actions speak for themselves but only after close scrutiny and help from Waheguru can we ascertain that.

Sikhs that cut hair don't have naam. Naam is not easy to attain. To get Naam, to be in Naam, to be one with Naam, all Hukams must be followed.

Being Amritdhari does not mean automatically, they have Naam, but Amritdharis are a step closer.

Many people in this world are spiritual, Buddhist, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jews etc, but they don't have Naam because this is only given by Satguru. And Satguru only gives this if a Sikh follows every Hukam. Naam is not attained by become spiritual (looking for liberation, heaven, paradise, etc), but by following Hukam.

OK, this means we must all have different concepts of naam.

In your best and shortest description, how would you define naam ?

Guest dasguruka

Personally, I don't judge. If you've been touched by the Guru then you will automatically take Amrit. Others may take more time. But as long as you keep rehat you're set.

OK, this means we must all have different concepts of naam.

In your best and shortest description, how would you define naam ?

We accept Guru Sahib as our Guru. We also need to follow his hukam as well. Then and only then will our Bhagti have any effect.

Bhagat Sain was a Sikh of Bhagat Ramanand, he followed his hukam on prema bhagti and lo Akal Purakh took his form and did his duty for him (Bhagat Sain) when Bhagat Ji was absorbed in Kirtan. Hence in that way we are Sikhs of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, who came in ten forms. We must follow his Hukam like Bhagat Sain followed Bhagat Ramanand Ji's. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Well there are misconceptions and divides on both sides (amritdharis and non amritdharis). Both sides need to work on the divide-

Here are the something we could as amritdharis can do to fill in those gaps or bridge the divide:

1. Sikh is pure prem marg towards Guru, so we need to stop with our guilt trips in Sikhi Camps, they fire back miserably. No one likes jevoh witness/protestant/anglican type of parchar shoved down their throats, people will revolt against it..its just human nature. We need to learn from mahapursh how to do parchar...!!

2. One thing i really like about dodra sangat that they do allow mona's to do kirtan and in rehensbhai. They feel devotion/spiritual experience in doing kirtan, they connect more and more to guru sahib via singing gurbani, they eventually take amrit. Our takth maryada's aside, allowing mona do kirtan or chaur sahib is excellent way for them to feel or engage in devotion towards guru sahib. Guru Maharaj included everyone in his divine shawl including kauda rakshash-demon but we do khandan mandan parchar our own sikhs are leaving us.

Now i am not suggesting go totally on left, this should careful observed or right fine balance should be drawn. At this current moment, in this area we are quite on extreme right we need to loosen up a little bit, let them engage in kirtan so they can feel devotion inside..doing kirtan or listening kirtan are two different things. I think everyone knows that here.

3. Stop feeding back protestant version of God that vahigruoo is sitting somewhere up, its wrathful and waiting for sinners to give up punishment.

4. Introduce beautiful sikh theological concepts- sargun and nirgun of Vahiguroo intertwine relationship, karam, hakum, razza. reincarnation in Sikhi than jumping to maryada right away in the camps. Maryada will fall itself in place later on once they are more familiar with our traditions.

5. When discussing maryada with mona's, start with minimal requirements by per sri akaal takth sahib maryada instead of super imposing your jatha or samparda maryada on top, give them option.

6. Devotional singing of gurbani, vichar on gurbani for starters are best way to get rid of divide between amritdharis and non amritdharis instead of jumping right to contoversial topics like- meat, ragmalla, vichar on various maryada.

7. If you must talk about maryada, give them small doses of puratan sikhi - unity within diversity instead of usual protestant/bhausaria type sikhi.

excellent list above i would add one more

- sangat isnt just your mates at the gurdwara make moneh etc feel including instead of sitting in the langar hall chatting with your amritdhari clique