Amritdharis and non-amritdharis.

13Mirch

That's exactly what i'm saying !!!

It makes it all worthwhile to earn towards the amrit in this manner. That is how I vew it, rather than enforcing on to your younger kids and they later grow up with less regard for it.

Glad to hear your opinion on when parents should take their kids to take Amrit. But others will listen to someone with actual authority in the Sikh religion. Punj Pyare state when the kid is old enough and they state taking Amrit is the first instructions.

Imagine what will happen if parents allowed their kids to do what they wanted. It would not be a pretty site. Kids need structure in their lives. You may value secular life over spiritual life and it seems you are leaning this way. But again the authority on Sikhi does not agree with you. They say spiritual life is to be started before the child is born and is to continue once the child is born and throughout their life they need to be taught about Sikhi. Sikhi is not like a course, where you pay $500 for 3 months and you get a piece of paper stating what you achieved. I think its your secular way of life that was presented to you at birth, which doesn't let you see the value of spiritual life being taught at birth. So do try to step out of your tunnel vision and look at it from a neutral perspective or better yet, from Gurbani teachings.

Only five, while I agree with your viewpoints, I'd request you to be a little sensitive to those who are still getting to a point where they would take Amrit. Not asking you to be nice (I guess there is no point, lol), but try to communicate in a tone that doesn't come off as rude when you're trying to guide/inspire someone. Before you start quoting Sant Jee, remember he too inspired people who had cut their hair instead of ridiculing them.

ive noticed on quite a few threads that only five has a very uninspiring manner to quick to jump the gun and to reliant on someone to tell him something instead of using your own logic.

I agree in part with luckysingh naam and your own personal connection to god to much on this forum people judge other people. Yes taking amrit is a step towards guru ji but it is not in my opinion the only step or even the first step

at the end of the day the amritdhari's on this site including me have an reasonable expectation to inspire and help our brothers and sisters not batter them down for having views which are not exactly like ours

You are implying that to ''accept your Guru to be Guru Granth Sahib ji, you must first take amrit!!'

I'm sorry but I have to disagree here.

There are far to many sikhs on here with these biased views. The amritdharis feel that they have an advantage, in this sense they are NO better than the hindu brahmin caste.

Waheguru!

Bhaji, you mean to say that to one doesn't need to take Amrit to accept Guru Granth Saheb Ji as our Guru...and to get connected to Naam.

Could you please explain the reason for why Guru Saheb asked Their sikhs to take Charn-amrit or Khande baate di Pahul?

You guys should stop and just listen to what you are saying here.

These attitudes are just like the brahmins.

There is NOTHING GURMATT about these attitudes and expressions.

Some of you amrithdharis sound exactly like the sadhus that questioned Guru Nanak Ji in 'Sidh Ghisht'.

With regards to ''NAAM'' - most of you think that this is the special gurmantar only given by by your babas or deras.

You think it is like a password to gain spirituality and gyaan!!!

Waheguru! Waheguru!

I wish you could have a bit more kindness towards a stranger like me.

Let me tell a little about ''Naam''

- Naam is something deep within all of us, even kauda raksh had it!

To be able to connect with this naam is to be the closest you can be to God and creation.

You do NOT, I repeat do NOT have to be amritdhari to ''connect' with this naam that is within.

There are many non-amritdharies that are connected with this naam much more than some of their fellow amritdharis.

These monai or trimmed bearded folks are in consonance with naam and contemplate the lord in all their work and actions.

Bhaji, I believe that through meditation (without amrit or Gurmantar) one can only reach upto the Dasam Dwaar or Anahad Shabad. But, the journey doesn't end there. There's more to it.

Anyways, this is what I believe in. I'd be grateful if you could elaborate more about some non-amritdhari who has attained the highest spiritual awastha and what it is.

If a an amritdhari claims that ony he has the 'key to unlock' and access the naam connection, then I am afraid, that very amritdhari is much further away from the very naam himself and living in cuckoo land!!

His actions and attitude are completely not in any state of naam.

Waheguru! I do not claim that I have the key to unlock and get access to Naam. Only my Guru has.

Also, you're absolutely right about me living in the cuckoo land. I don't know when Guru Saheb will bless me with Their kirpadrishti and help me get out of it.

any state of naam

Bhaji, I don't think naam is a 'state'. If you mean about the Swaas Swaas Simran awastha, Waheguru! you're right, I'm not there yet.

Please don't insult and deface the very word ''naam'' with this brahminised garbage talk of ''I am, I am,...amritdhari only,amrithdhari only,...me,me,me,me......''

I wish I could then understand why Guru Saheb decided to bless us with Amrit, if it is simply Brahmanism.

Luckysingh99, Bhaji, I was wondering about asking you something.

When I had Amrit, for me it was a process of accepting Guru Ji as my spiritual guide and that he's accepted me as his disciple.

How do the non-amritdhari know that one they've accepted as their 'Guru',... has also accepted to 'be their Guru'?

Also, if taking Amrit is Bahmanism, or in other words a mere ritual, then one could call 'matha tekna' to be a ritual as well.

Guru Saheb Kirpa Karan.

Luckysingh99, Bhaji, I was wondering about asking you something.

How do the non-amritdhari know that one they've accepted as their 'Guru',... has also accepted to 'be their Guru'?

Guru Saheb Kirpa Karan.

I can understand now why non-amritdharis like myself see some amritdharis as full of hunkaar, and think they are above the rest of the world.. How on earth can u ask a question like this after asking other questions u have to lucky99? That sounds like u are saying they have only accepted u. For your information and ur narrowmindedness Maharaj accepts all, if they didnt they I would not be bowing down to them. With that kind of attitude, what do u expect to be seen as?

Also how do u know they have accepted u? Because uparo jo amritdhari hona chaida ohi kardi, dikava? te andaro ida di soch? this is the reason i said some think they know it all, maybe its some like u that need to learn few things yourself instead of throwing comments like that. Who the hell are u to judge who they accept to be their Guru? We do not know that, only they know that, they can do mehr on anybody and they love all. We are all god's creations and to say something like that is very belittling to humanity, insaniyat.

Maharaj accepts everyone as maharaj is inside everyone looking at everything as witness (shakshi). Maharaj knows deepest secret of one and showers grace on everybody equally. I don't want to undermine sanskar amrit- khanda batta da amrit/naam amrit but i do have my best friend who is a mona and exceptional case who is extremely discipline been meditating on mool mantar for 8 + years. Maharaj has apar kirpa on him, he could listen to mool mantar dhuni inside (no he is not a radhaswami and no its not pach shabad he is listening its actually MOOL MANTAR FROM GURBANI), he could actually listen to dhun of mool mantar running inside him. He is next ajap jap state. He puts me as amritdhari to shame that here i am preaching/wrapping my head around theological discussion in sikhi but here you have my best friend who have actually applied gurbani in his life and transcedent much more higher spiritually than me.. my ahankar of being amritdhari gets broken in to pieces when we do simran or vichar together...his eyes are always red and in bairaag.

Even gyani thakur singh ji patialwale shares an story of his mona on a very high spiritual state.

In Sikhi, we have only few exceptional case- sehajdhari and monai (trimmed cut mahapursh)

http://santashramlopon.com/bio_details.php?bio_id=3&name=Sant%20Darbara%20Singh%20Ji

Pyaareyo, think of it this way. When you are madly in love with someone, don't you want to give them everything you have? than man dhhan sabh soup gur ko hukam ma(n)niai paaeeai || Surrender body, mind, wealth, and everything to the Guru; obey the Order of His Will, and you will find Him. At this point, giving up your head (i.e. ego) becomes effortless. When the fire of love rages within, and you are crazily in love with someone, there also comes a point when you even want to look like them. You are so addicted to thinking of them that each time you look in the mirror, you want to see them, not yourself. You cease to exist, all that you breathe for is the one you love. When your love for Guru Sahib reaches this most supreme point, that is when you are ready to take Amrit. That "tadap" has to be there.

Bhai Gurdas Jee has also said that, prathham rehith yehi jaan kha(n)ddae kee paahul shhakae, meaning that taking Amrit is the very first Rehit. To add onto what N30S1NGH said, I've also come across monnay who put me to shame. But does that negate the need for Amrit? Does that lower the importance? I am sorry, but it doesn't. There is no doubt that Guru Sahib showers His kirpa on everyone. However, those who have taken Amrit and are living the true Gurmukh jeevan, jeeahu niramal baaharahu niramal || Inwardly pure, and outwardly pure, they automatically become more receptive to the full-fledged moosladhaar rainfall of His kirpa. Why? Because they have made a commitment to Him and only to Him. They have made a commitment to His Bana, His Rehit, His Hukam. Its like a father loves all his sons dearly, but the most laadla is the one who is genuinely respectful, obedient and sincere. The other sons are loved as well, but this one is the one who is laadla.

At the end of the day, Guru Sahib alone knows who is genuinely serious and who is not. It would be completely wrong to judge anyone. No Amritdhari is supposed to look down upon a non-Amritdhari, and no non-Amritdhari has any right to raise a finger at the Amritdhari lifestyle.

Also listen to sant hari singh ji randhawale from 08:55 where he says in context of baikhari, madhma, pasanti, para bani (meditation stages) be it any naam- raam, khuda, allah, satnaam, vahiguroo etc. So there is no restrictions of mona'e brothers meditating on any naam.

Anyway here is the video:

I can understand now why non-amritdharis like myself see some amritdharis as full of hunkaar, and think they are above the rest of the world.. How on earth can u ask a question like this after asking other questions u have to lucky99? That sounds like u are saying they have only accepted u. For your information and ur narrowmindedness Maharaj accepts all, if they didnt they I would not be bowing down to them. With that kind of attitude, what do u expect to be seen as?

Also how do u know they have accepted u? Because uparo jo amritdhari hona chaida ohi kardi, dikava? te andaro ida di soch? this is the reason i said some think they know it all, maybe its some like u that need to learn few things yourself instead of throwing comments like that. Who the hell are u to judge who they accept to be their Guru? We do not know that, only they know that, they can do mehr on anybody and they love all. We are all god's creations and to say something like that is very belittling to humanity, insaniyat.

Bhaji/Bhenji, It might sound like I was being harsh or rude, but it wasn't my intention to come across as such. Please forgive me if you've been hurt by what I said.

I do not say that Guru Saheb have accepted me alone, but taking Amrit is indeed the only way for "Guru Dhaaran Karna".

I did not mean to simply 'throw comments' towards luckysingh99, but really wish to know what his views about Amrit are! Is it merely a ritual? (In that sense I've mentioned matha tekna).

Guru Saheb know what was in my heart whilst typing anything that I did. If have ever intended to hurt anyone (knowingly or unknowingly), I will surely have to pay for it.

Guru Saheb Kirpa Karan.