Is Punjab in danger of coming under President's Rule?

Jangal Da

Following the recent Gen Brar affair, the Congress and Centre are now firing the terrorist card at Punjab in a big way and specifically at the SAD Government. They claim the Punjab government is a harbourer and revivalist of terrorist activity. From what I have seen on PTC News and read in the Indian media today, I fear that this is all an excuse to consider their next logical step - President's rule.

The last time this happened in Punjab many innocent Sikhs were killed and daily atrocities were committed by paramilitary forces. Their aim was to leave the Punjab a chamcha state that was too cowed down to ever lift their heads again.

This could again occur and our Punjab is so politically divided that the people there would let it happen. If the Central Hidutva Sarkar wanted to take this step, then would the current SAD (Badal Sarkar) have the backing of the Punjab people to raise a rebellion enough that would make the Centre back down? I fear not...

Hmmmm, there is a point in what you say veer. Considering what Rahul Gandhi had to say about Punjabi youth : http://www.samachar.com/7-out-of-10-youths-in-Punjab-are-drug-addicts-Rahul-Gandhi-mkluPFdijja.html . They could very well try to say that the successive governments have failed to curb the drug menace and the "terrorism" problem, therefore impose President rule.