3HO+SIKHNET+NIDDER=HIRCISMUS

TuheeTuhee

3ho has really gone downhill since the death of Yogi Bhajjan as far as Gurmat is concearned. They were outside of mainstream Sikhi while Yogi Bhajjan was alive, but since his death they are getting more and more hippy`er as time goes by. They do a lot of flirting with Sanatanists/Niddarists.

3ho has really gone downhill since the death of Yogi Bhajjan as far as Gurmat is concearned. They were outside of mainstream Sikhi while Yogi Bhajjan was alive, but since his death they are getting more and more hippy`er as time goes by.

Hippy comment i can agree with, they do lot of hocus pocus stuff but with that being said at the end they are all amritdhari, they do get up at amritvela chant vahiguroo mantar along with other guru ghar mantars.

They do a lot of flirting with Sanatanists/Niddarists.

Like what? I am confused. My divine brother who spent 15+ years with taksal and nirmale in punjab and 3-4 years in akj and mix sangat married 3ho gori singhani last year, they came to our house just past weekend and stayed with us. I didn't see any sanatan vad or niddarist in her beleifs, its pretty much aligned with Sikhi taught by sri singh harbhajan singh. She did mention though there are handful of sikhs even at 3ho see sikhi purely through yoga eyes and use sikhi as platform to sell their hocus pocus spirituality gears i.e- mala beads/khanda etc buts that minimal compare to punjabi tribal problems which have super imposed itself on Gurmat.

Well that depends what you defining as hocus pocus? How much of hocus pocus is too much to take them off from Gurmat marg completely or too much to against Gurmat? its not black and white issue and also whats their intention behind that hocus pocus?

One has to remember they do lot of inter faith sessions and mingle with lot of non sikhs and one also have to remember they came into sikhi through these hocus pocus sessions i.e- sumer solstice, earth day, winter solstice, yoga camps, earth day, go crazy concert etc..hocus pocus are used to attract crowd..i don't think its big deal if they understand the bigger picture- Gurmat which is meditating on mantras within Gurbani. We gotta look at the bigger picture.

Wouldn't getting up at amritvela be hypocrisy when u also do "hocus pocus" on the other hand?

I don't want to sway from the topic but we as punjabis have also reduced beautiful sargun rituals practicses in our dharam to pure dogma by wrapping our head around it. How's their hocus pocus any different from our dogmatic notions of sargun rituals in sikhi?

Well that depends what you defining as hocus pocus? How much of hocus pocus is too much to take them off from Gurmat marg completely or too much to against Gurmat? its not black and white issue and also whats their intention behind that hocus pocus?

One has to remember they do lot of inter faith sessions and mingle with lot of non sikhs and one also have to remember they came into sikhi through these hocus pocus sessions i.e- sumer solstice, earth day, winter solstice, yoga camps, earth day, go crazy concert etc..hocus pocus are used to attract crowd..i don't think its big deal if they understand the bigger picture- Gurmat which is meditating on mantras within Gurbani. We gotta look at the bigger picture.

I don't want to sway from the topic but we as punjabis have also reduced beautiful sargun rituals practicses in our dharam to pure dogma by wrapping our head around it. How's their hocus pocus any different from our dogmatic notions of sargun rituals in sikhi?

i agree isnt matha tek hocus pocus?...or standing up for ardas?...or even covering your head and taking off shoes?....you really need to be careful otherwise you will start rejecting symbolic ritual found within sikh practice...not everything you define as hocus pocus is negative

Pal07 you are right veer about women doing amrit sanchar is symbolically/traditionally wrong but i don't think its spiritually wrong as bhramgyan does not have any gender to give amrit or naam in form of panj..i also do think calling women doing panj di seva- blasphemous term is bit too extreme..perhaps?. It's bit like saying having no sri dasam granth sahib parkash in amrit sanchar is blasphemous as traditionally amrit sanchars used to have sri dasam granth sahib parkash during amrit sanchars as three banis of amrit sanchar are from sri dasam granth sahib?

the vast majority of us have never stayed with white american sikhs we are only being judgemental of them.....however women doing amrit sanchaar is a serious blashphemy of Sikh tenets

No wonder you're on quality control