3HO+SIKHNET+NIDDER=HIRCISMUS

TuheeTuhee

Pal07 you are right veer about women doing amrit sanchar is symbolically/traditionally wrong but i don't think its spiritually wrong as bhramgyan does not have any gender to give amrit or naam in form of panj..i also do think calling women doing panj di seva- blasphemous term is bit too extreme..perhaps?. It's bit like saying having no sri dasam granth sahib parkash in amrit sanchar is blasphemous as traditionally amrit sanchars used to have sri dasam granth sahib parkash during amrit sanchars as three banis of amrit sanchar are from sri dasam granth sahib?

Singh sometimes you make really bad comments, again this is another one

No wonder you're on quality control

women doing amritsanchar is seriously against the khalsa maryada - now thats what you call quality control

women doing amritsanchar is seriously against the khalsa maryada - now thats what you call quality control

Im not gonna debate this with you as people just cant agree but ive read some of your other comments regarding women in the past and some of them were ridiculous, God forbid you're ever on the Gurdwara committee.

Im not gonna debate this with you as people just cant agree but ive read some of your other comments regarding women in the past and some of them were ridiculous, God forbid you're ever on the Gurdwara committee.

This doesn't go against Gurmat as it is Khalsa Maryada (puratan maryada).

If PAL07 paaji has some views that may not be right previously about bibian, but it has nothing to do with the reason why five Singhs give Khande Baate Da Amrit.

I always look at the tat of everything, tradition/maryada/symbolism of amrit sanchar aside, there are many mahapursh women in our puratan history who have given naam jugtiya/vidhiya to students. In fact guru maharaj himself gave manji to gursikh bibiya to do parchar and spread parchar..!!

Coming back to 3ho, you need to understand dynamics of 3HO from sri singh sahib harbhajan singh time. Harbhajan singh yogi gave lot of empowerment to women around that time to have a balance and yoga he spread appealed to lot of women in that time so he used yoga as platform to spread sikhi through puratan sikhi women eyes.

Had he introduce sikhi in west via current cultural baggage shared by punjabi? They may not have converted as they were tired of same old same old crap from their christian - burn that witch attitude.

So its not a big deal really..i meant i prefer male panj pyares to uphold traditions but at the end if its not its not a big deal not worth drawing your arms or creating petitions over it over....there are many issues in the panth which far are more important than than this one. In fact, sometimes you just have to look at the bigger picture and that should take precedence over traditions, just like how baba nihal singh ji looked at when he challenged sri darbar sahib maryada to have women to do kirtan in darbar sahib. He stood his grounds and nihang dal stood with him.

Here is the picture of women were allowed to do kirtan at darbar sahib after baba nihal singh ji interventation:

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/2005/07/15/112148676901381254/

Playing_Kirtan_in_the_Golden_Temple-2005.07.15-21.06.04.jpg

It's just not limited to sgpc, its pretty much everywhere - for eg- women cannot do akhand patt in taksal due to the concern - what if women is in her period so on and so forth.

I mean i understand the reasoning behind certain things behind it but quite frankly it cannot be shoved down throats to all women all across the board especially among those sikh converts who were not bought up in indic culture.

It's just not limited to sgpc, its pretty much everywhere - for eg- women cannot do akhand patt in taksal due to the concern - what if women is in her period so on and so forth.

I mean i understand the reasoning behind certain things behind it but quite frankly it cannot be shoved down throats to all women all across the board especially among those sikh converts who were not bought up in indic culture.

I don't agree with that. A bibi can do Akhand Path, that thinking isn't Gurmat maryada and I as Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale has said, Bibian are allowed to do anything and everything except for Amrit Sanchar sewa.

Women are allowed in the sanchaar - women are not allowed to conduct the amrit sanchaar, this teaching is something that the 3ho have broken

Some agree with it. I think bottom line is, if there is nothing wrong it it and someone is humble enough to want to take Amrit or be a part of such a sacred ceremony, they will respect that panj mard gave their heads to represent the Panj Piyare.

Again, there is nothing else at all that a Bibi can't do in terms of sewa.