Toshakhana of Sri Harmandir Sahib

Jangal Da

Beautiful documentry - the Sevadar ji appears very polished.

Is the sandal wood Chaur Sahib of Hajji Maskin still part of the Toshakhana or was it destroyed in 1984? I have never seen any contempory pictures of it, but have only read about it. As far as I am aware, as it has never been used by anyone before its presentation to the Harmandir Sahib, it should form part of the jalau in the Durbar Sahib itself on such days when jalau is displayed, but its never there.

What else was destroyed or looted? The jalau articles that are displayed comprise of only a few puratan treasures and it is difficult to believe that there was not much more, given the bounties our past Sardars and Rajas collected and according to history donated.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji

I saw this post couple days back and were searching left right centre for a glimpse of the Chandan Chaur Sahib but to no avail until now. I was actually searching for close ups of the Akal Takht interior and found this beauty. Look closely :)

These photos were taken in August 2011. So to answer your question, yes the Chandan Chaur Sahib is still a part of the Toshakana.

Enjoy, cherish and share such rare images.

post-31722-0-67735500-1350594943_thumb.j

post-31722-0-74606100-1350595170_thumb.j