Fareed Kot Vala Teeka

Fateh. I came across the following transalation from the teeka today and needed some help:

ਪਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰਾਵਣਿ ਜਾਹਿ ਸੇਈ ਤਾ ਲਾਜੀਅਹਿ

They, who go to enjoy other man's women, they alone shall suffer shame.

ਜੋ ਪਰ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਓਂ ਕੋ ਰਾਵਣੇ ਜਾਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਸੋਈ ਤੋ ਪ੍ਰਲੋਕ ਮੈਂ ਲਜਾਵਾਨ ਹੋਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਵਾ ਸੋਈ ਨਰਕੋਂ ਮੈਂ ਤਲੀਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਭਾਵ ਨਰਕੋਂ ਕੀ ਸਾਸਨਾ ਪਾਵਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥ ਯਥਾ-ਪੋਤਾਲੋ ਪਤਿ ਊਤਰੈ ਪਰਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰਤਾ ਮਾਸ॥ ਥੰਮਾ ਨਾਲ ਲਗਾਈਅਹਿ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਪਾਸ॥

My question is specifically related to this: ਯਥਾ-ਪੋਤਾਲੋ ਪਤਿ ਊਤਰੈ ਪਰਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰਤਾ ਮਾਸ॥ ਥੰਮਾ ਨਾਲ ਲਗਾਈਅਹਿ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਪਾਸ॥

First, what does ਯਥਾ mean and, secondly, are the words that follow from gurbani (ਪੋਤਾਲੋ ਪਤਿ ਊਤਰੈ ਪਰਤ੍ਰਿਅ...) because I couldnt find them anywhere on any gurbani search engine. If they're not from Gurbani where are they from?

Thanks.

Thanks for all your help.

Ok, holy smokes that didnt turn out the way i wanted it to. Can anyone help? When i click on edit all the Gurmukhi shows up but on my computer screen all i see is random symbols and numbers.

I copy pasted it from srigranth.org

Fateh. I came across the following transalation from the teeka today and needed some help:

ਪਰ ਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰਾਵਣਿ ਜਾਹਿ ਸੇਈ ਤਾ ਲਾਜੀਅਹਿ

They, who go to enjoy other man's women, they alone shall suffer shame.

ਜੋ ਪਰ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਓਂ ਕੋ ਰਾਵਣੇ ਜਾਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਸੋਈ ਤੋ ਪ੍ਰਲੋਕ ਮੈਂ ਲਜਾਵਾਨ ਹੋਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਵਾ ਸੋਈ ਨਰਕੋਂ ਮੈਂ ਤਲੀਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਭਾਵ ਨਰਕੋਂ ਕੀ ਸਾਸਨਾ ਪਾਵਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥ ਯਥਾ-ਪੋਤਾਲੋ ਪਤਿ ਊਤਰੈ ਪਰਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰਤਾ ਮਾਸ॥ ਥੰਮਾ ਨਾਲ ਲਗਾਈਅਹਿ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਪਾਸ॥

My question is specifically related to this: ਯਥਾ-ਪੋਤਾਲੋ ਪਤਿ ਊਤਰੈ ਪਰਤ੍ਰਿਅ ਰਤਾ ਮਾਸ॥ ਥੰਮਾ ਨਾਲ ਲਗਾਈਅਹਿ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਪਾਸ॥

First, what does ਯਥਾ mean and, secondly, are the words that follow from gurbani (ਪੋਤਾਲੋ ਪਤਿ ਊਤਰੈ ਪਰਤ੍ਰਿਅ...) because I couldnt find them anywhere on any gurbani search engine. If they're not from Gurbani where are they from?

Thanks.

Thanks for all your help.

It would be wise not to use Farid Kot vala Teeka because it is not in line with tat gurmat too much sanatan matt. Please use bhai Manmohan singh ji or professor sahib singh ji's work when referencing gurbani.

Daas

Consiousness

Seriously?

Look, there is nothing wrong with the Faridkot Wala Steek.

I don't understand- whats so bad about faridkot teeka? Most samparda's such as nanaksar, taksal, rara sahib uses this teeka to do larivar katha of sri guru granth sahib ji.

There cannot be and should not be one standardized teeka of sri guru granth sahib ji.

Agami Gurbani speaks to every human consciousness at different stage or avastha. Hence rightly so, no sampardaie teekakar claim that their arths of gurbani are sampooran(complete). Claiming to have full interpretation of agami gurbani is like individual claiming that they have found end of nirgun chaitan bhram Vahiguroo..!!..All though bhramgyani interpretation of gurbani is pretty much gives you tat gyan of gurbani but they themselves don't claim- this is it as their own consciousness is experiencing Agami Gurbani in its own unique and diverse way as there are many endless aspects (eg-sargun nirgun) of Vahiguroo.!!

It's usually bhramgyani/proffesor/bhai sahib/jathedar over zealous chelas who misses the big picture or plot and confine themselves to their mahapursh or bhramgyani/bhai sahib/ proffesor/jathedar interpretation of gurbani which is also somewhat an road block in one's spiritual growth, the real message of bhramgyani to an student is to focus on message or work towards your own spirituality to actually experience gurbani yourself rather than typically imitating the teacher. No bhramgyani or sampardaaie teekakar will claim, follow my teeka. They have made attempts to present agami gurbani in most profound manner but at the end, all their work- teeka, interpretation etc along with themselves looses themselves in Agami Gurbani..!!

There is nothing wrong with using teekas to help us understand gurbani but the real profound experience of gurbani comes from nirgun paratma via one own's spiritual growth in stages...defining agami gurbani exactly in its pure original total form is like defining Nirgun all prevading Vahiguroo which our own guru sahiban didn't put any defining limit or end to it !!..

At the end, one must come to terms and all bhramgyanis naturally have that its not about defining gurbani so much so in teeka or steek form but rather loosing your self in agami Gurbani and becoming part of ~~ IK ONGKAR ~~..!!!!!!!!!

It would be wise not to use Farid Kot vala Teeka because it is not in line with tat gurmat too much sanatan matt. Please use bhai Manmohan singh ji or professor sahib singh ji's work when referencing gurbani.

what makes these two any more knowledgable on gurbani, than the authors of the Farid Koti teeka?

This teeka is recognised throughout the panth, how can it be unwise to use it?

what makes these two any more knowledgable on gurbani, than the authors of the Farid Koti teeka?

This teeka is recognised throughout the panth, how can it be unwise to use it?

Correct me if I am wrong but TBH honest I haven't used it but I've been warned as it is sanatan mat. I've heard the below:

Faridkot wala teeka consists of 52 nirmlai udhasis who got together and did the teeka. This was before the singh sabha movement. Prof. Gurmukh Singh was asked to assist to do this teeka but refused to do so because of the bramanical influence of the nirmalai sadhs in translating Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Singhs later went on morcha for freeing gurdwara sahibs and then prominent sikhs such as Prof. Sahib Singh ji and bhai veer singh ji did teekas on shri guru granth sahib ji.

Also before I say anything were the authors of this teeka amritdhari?

Daas

Consciousness

Also before I say anything were the authors of this teeka amritdhari?

May be by not your standards but generally speaking most of nirmale do take khanda batta da amrit (sanaskar amrit/outer layer amrit, naam amrit etc) but some nirmale go and take naam amrit directly from their gurdev(teaher), its seena basina tradition going back to guru maharaj time, similiarly udasi take naam amrit from their gurdev..udasi were also blessed by guru sahib, its seena basina tradition before they were demonized, demoralized by mainstream sikhs effected by protestant sikhi or bhausaria panthi mindset.

May be by not your standards but most of nirmale do take khanda batta da amrit (sanaskar amrit/outer layer amrit, naam amrit etc) but some nirmale go and take naam amrit directly from their gurdev(teaher), its seena basina tradition going back to guru maharaj time, similiarly udasi take naam amrit from their gurdev..udasi were also blessed by guru sahib, its seena basina tradition before they were demonized, demoralized by mainstream sikhs effected by protestant sikhi or bhausaria panthi mindset.

So my point being if one did not receive khandea bhatta da amrit then how can you describe what naam/amrit is in the guru granth sahib ji? They have not experienced naam and guru granth sahib is full of naam??