Puratan Tulwar With New Gold Work

sikhshastars

Nice blade, is the handle new? It seems to be in too good of condition and it seems the blade has been attached to the handle recently.

What's the price on this tulwar, the pesh kabz and this piece?

post-25321-0-75591800-1350467973_thumb.jpg

Pair of Single Blade Sher Panja as above is $150 (Shipping Extra)

Pair of Double Blade Sher Panja as Below is $175 (Shipping Extra)

post-25321-0-87655600-1350639571.jpg

I am sorry, but this is a con - unless Mr 'Shere Punjab' can provide any evidence to authenticate the age/history of these products. These are not old items ....just because they are a bit rusty, it doesn't mean they are old!! my bike has been in the back garden for the last 12 months, and has similar rust on it.

I was at a flea market in France last year, and this guy was selling a pen knife with a Nazi SS logo on it; it looked old and I thought it must be a genuine WW2 Nazi soldier's knife. I asked the price and he said Euros 300 - if he had said Euros 50 or so, I might have considered buying it.

Anyway, i looked it up on the internet and it turns out that 1000s of these have been manufactured over the last 20 years and you can buy them online for about Euros 10!!

This listing is clearly from someone who thinks that overseas Sikhs may be gullible enough to fall for his pitch!!

..and why on earth, would someone wreck a historic weapon by adding a modern part to it???

absolute nonsense. avoid this...and next time you are in India, pick up some stuff like this for the few hundred or thousand rupees that it probably really costs.

nuf said.

The Tulwar is at least 110-130 years old.

No other items displayed are Puratan, never said so.

And We need some positivity in this world full of negativity. I AM NOT FORCING anyone to buy my stuff, everyone is free to ask their doubts and I did post close ups to clear some regarding blade and handle.

And I would love to know (even sangat will) the address where we can get this kind of Tulwar cheaply.

It's Puratan NOT Historic.

The Tulwar is at least 110-130 years old.

No other items displayed are Puratan, never said so.

And We need some positivity in this world full of negativity. I AM NOT FORCING anyone to buy my stuff, everyone is free to ask their doubts and I did post close ups to clear some regarding blade and handle.

And I would love to know (even sangat will) the address where we can get this kind of Tulwar cheaply.

It's Puratan NOT Historic.

Well the blade itself of the first tulwar's blade seems at earliest 20th century/late 19th century and the handle is new indeed (has been recently attached). A pristine condition authentic 16th-17th century Khanda, firangi, shamshir with original gold work can be bought in a range of 1,000-1,500.

I would say the first sri sahib is worth 300-600 dollars max, but that's just my opinion and I'm sure many other enthusiasts would agree.

The other pieces are nice, but definitely more expensive than they should be. In India what I've noticed is when they realize you're from abroad they think you must have a countless amount of money and will pay whatever they ask (sad thing is some people from the UK do this which is why they do it).

If you find a Nihang Singh with sharda in Punjab, despite knowing you're from abroad, they will make you most shastar in high quality of your choice if you tell them exactly what you want. You can get the sher panja made for I'm guessing 500-1000 rupees max for two double bladed.

One thing that kind of ticks me of is NRIs who go to Punjab and pay whatever price they're asked without haggling, that really messes it up for us hagglers with a budget haha