Alright to do sehaj paath without santheya

Guest ardaas

WJKWHF

i wanted to ask that i have not completed my full santheya for guru granth sahib ji

but my family wants to move into our new house and my dad wants my family to do the sehaj paath instead of granthis

but like i said i havents finished santheya and no granathi is availalbe to give me santheya and my dad says it is not bad to read guru granth sahib if you now perfect punjabi, and i do know how to read punjabo perfectly

so should i listen to dad and do the sehaj paath or wait a long time to finish santhya then do sehaj paath ( doing santhya online is going to take a really long time and we want to move into new house before winter)

Guest just someone

while i was doing santheya i wanted to do sehaj part but was advsied not too until complete santheya as you can make many mistakes. yes even after santheya you can make mistakes but you have been through the process of learning and trying. Ask your dad to do it himself lol

Guest bheekak

WJKWHF

i wanted to ask that i have not completed my full santheya for guru granth sahib ji

but my family wants to move into our new house and my dad wants my family to do the sehaj paath instead of granthis

but like i said i havents finished santheya and no granathi is availalbe to give me santheya and my dad says it is not bad to read guru granth sahib if you now perfect punjabi, and i do know how to read punjabo perfectly

so should i listen to dad and do the sehaj paath or wait a long time to finish santhya then do sehaj paath ( doing santhya online is going to take a really long time and we want to move into new house before winter)

With such prem you must go ahead ji. :) Do ardas and begin. Guru ji will help you :) Take one step and HE WILL ........................Paaji you already have so much sharda ji, take the sewa and Guru ji will help you with the santhya :)

reding & reciting gurbaani is not just a ritual, it aims at reading , understanding the meaning and following

the teaching in real life . Our great gurus have stated their teachings in common mans language so that

any one and every one has access to their teachings , so please carry on, try to understand & imbibe the teachings

in case of doubt at any point consult someone well versed and with practical experience in living according to the tenets

as laid by the Great Gurus

best of luck

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Reading is fine, reciting is not !

One must have some formal training to read aloud Gurbani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo in Sangat.

Better to invite local Sangat for Sukhmani Sahib recital, Keertan and Langar for Greh Pravesh (House Warming).

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

• 2 years later...
Guest Wahe guru

Moving into a new house. I am not Sikh but a devoted believer of Sikhism . Pls can u tell me how to do one day guru paath in my house to get it blessed ? Sorry if I have used any incomplete or wrong term. I don't have much gyan but have humble Bhakti .