Sign in to follow this  
Mann-Sahib

Shaving of baby boys head

Hi guys

I would like some advice please. My sisters in laws who are Sikh practice an anti-gurmat ritual of shavinga boys head when he is of a certain age ( i think a couple of years old). This is very anti-sikh and I am totally against it - I am being stopped from saying anything to avoid upsetting my sisters in laws family. But I am very disappointed that they are following this Hindu ritual!

Please advise on what I can do.

Regards

Manny

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It is anti Gurmat. Don't suppress your inner voice, just say it in full volume i.e say it clearly. Tell them on their face of their following in any of the prevalent cults/deras/hinduism. Don't get disappointed this is the time to put the facts clearly & squarely

Do what the other posts say but be careful how you say it. How is she your sister in law, wife's sister or brothers wife? If im completely honest if its your wife's sister your opinion will not be heard, if that family follows that tradition then to them its none of your business. My nanake all do this and they wouldnt listen to me if i was to tell them.

Be careful you dont cause a panga Veer Ji, people can be very sensitive about these kinda things.

Agreed, don't be afraid to tell them very outright you think it's wrong, but be prepared to have an intelligent discussion just so they don't make some smart-allec response and shut you up instead.

People who follow such empty ritualism usually are very well misinformed enough to try to make the person correcting them look a fool.

In all my life this is the first time I have ever heard of any Sikh following this most common of all Hindu rituals. Tell your sister in law this. Tell her its the first time west london singh has ever - in his whole life - heard of a sikh following this most common of all Hindu rituals. Its retarded. Is she also ?

Do you know three Baba Balak Nath Mandirs i know of in the Midlands are owned by Sikhs?

Do you know three Baba Balak Nath Mandirs i know of in the Midlands are owned by Sikhs?

I know alot of things. I know Law. I know philosophy. I know London. I know poetry. I know music. I know history. I know celluloid.

I have been to alot of places. I have conversed with stockbrokers in Hong Kong. I have seen gangsters in Vancouver. I have farmed in Punjab. I have eaten strange things in Paris. I have felt very hot and tired in Dubai.

But I have never...ever...seen or heard of a baba balak nath. What is it ? Is it some type of palak based food ?

• Like 1

tell her if you cut the childs hair..i will cut yours also...lets see how she likes walking round bald

hahaha

That's hilarious!!

After you try to reason with them, this is the best response.

I know alot of things. I know Law. I know philosophy. I know London. I know poetry. I know music. I know history. I know celluloid.

I have been to alot of places. I have conversed with stockbrokers in Hong Kong. I have seen gangsters in Vancouver. I have farmed in Punjab. I have eaten strange things in Paris. I have felt very hot and tired in Dubai.

But I have never...ever...seen or heard of a baba balak nath. What is it ? Is it some type of palak based food ?

haha, it's good to see you posting again

Is that sarcasm or are you being serious?

• Like 1

Why would you make your child bald and insist on being called a Sikh? You later in life treasure that hair but in early life cut it? Funny world. This is an anti-Sikh ritual. Speak the truth but do it in a loving way.