Sign in to follow this  
Mann-Sahib

Shaving of baby boys head

My naanke are devout worshippers of Baba Balak Nath. Been to the place several times.

http://en.wikipedia....Baba_Balak_Nath

Many of my family are also as well as worshippers of Shri Jawala Ji (where you get the baby's haircut), the reason i mentioned it was because West London Singh was surprised that there are Sikhs that follow these rituals and my point was that there are Sikhs who actually own and fund Mandirs which i thought was more surprising because they still say they're Sikhs yet they perform many different Hindu rituals on a daily basis.

Im not a follower of Baba Balak Nath but i thought the palak joke was incredibly insulting and blasphemous.

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Im not a follower of Baba Balak Nath but i thought the palak joke was incredibly insulting and blasphemous.

I know, lol, but its WSL you see, he is a lot more "smarter" than us and plus the Baba's followers are "evil" Hindus, so chill. We have no right to feel bad if a Hindu deity is insulted, however if any "evil" Hindu dares to retaliate by insulting our Guru Sahibaan, we should smack him in a way that he remembers it till his last breath. Why, its simple, because we are "superior" and "better".
  • Like 1

I know, lol, but its WSL you see, he is a lot more "smarter" than us and plus the Baba's followers are "evil" Hindus, so chill. We have no right to feel bad if a Hindu deity is insulted, however if any "evil" Hindu dares to retaliate by insulting our Guru Sahibaan, we should smack him in a way that he remembers it till his last breath. Why, its simple, because we are "superior" and "better".

Far too many Sikhs are becoming anti-Hindu, they take it to the extreme. They're becoming anti-anything thats not Sikh. Obviously we should be cautious and keep and eye on whats being done or said but whether or not we agree with them or their practices or whatever, we should still keep a level of respect and refrain from blasphemy.

If we begin insulting them and attacking their faith...asi apne aap nu badnaam kar de ne.

• Like 2

Far too many Sikhs are becoming anti-Hindu, they take it to the extreme. They're becoming anti-anything thats not Sikh. Obviously we should be cautious and keep and eye on whats being done or said but whether or not we agree with them or their practices or whatever, we should still keep a level of respect and refrain from blasphemy.

If we begin insulting them and attacking their faith...asi apne aap nu badnaam kar de ne.

I don't see anything anti-Hindu being mentioned here. If there was, I didn't mean to support it.

Give her shahid bhai taru singh and bhai mani singh along with shahibzadai's pictures and sakhiya. If puratan singh and singhani, bhaujangiya di shaheediay does not knock the senses in her than nothing will...may be its not meant to be...but we must try to educate and do parchar of sikhi to our own, thats our moral duty..!!!

• Like 2

I don't see anything anti-Hindu being mentioned here. If there was, I didn't mean to support it.

I meant just in general Veer Ji. Being able to make jokes about any Sants and Mahapurush, whatever their Dharam is wrong. Some people have now got a deep rooted hatred for Hindus so much so that they will do mazaak of their various deities. And thats down purely to being anti-Hindu.

• Like 1

Fact is that Hindus themselves mock their own deities, doesn't mean we should too. Then what is the difference left? People make such a lame excuse that Guru Sahib has called the deities as false, so does that give us any license to mock them? Moreover, Guru Sahib is the one these deities bow down to, Guru Sahib can call them anything. Are we at such a level?

• Like 3

Many of my family are also as well as worshippers of Shri Jawala Ji ........................

Whoa. Hold on there fella. First of all let me tell you that I am a breaker of dieties.....not a follower. A diety by definition is 'God'. As a Sikh I know that there is no god but god. This is not a half-hearted part-time belief. This belief is the very essence of my being. I suggest you spend a little time practising this instead of being "INCREDIBLY insulted" and hurt by remarks about false gods. A good start might be to refrain from putting the words 'Shri' and 'ji' before and after other people's prophets. You, Mr Doaba need to make a decision. Choose a religion you want to be part of and stick to that decision. Right now you're all over the gaff son. One foot here and one foot there. In the end, neither here nor there. In a pointless grey area where the destruction, dillution of your faith by the inclusion of Hindu rituals and false Hindu babas offends you less than the perceived insult to humans that call themselves god. Step out of the grey and into the light fella.

I would take the baby and run :) but that's only me!

• Like 1

I think Doaba veer did say he doesn't follow any Baba. The Hindu deity Baba Balak Nath is called so because as per Hindu mythology he always looks like a "balak", which in Punjabi/Hindi means little kid (male). But its alright if some scholars were unaware of this word and took a cheap shot at Hindu beliefs (like it was something new) by using the word "paalak" (which by the way is delicious when cooked with paneer) in order to mock someone/something they had no idea about.

I am not sure how it is wrong to respect someone even if we don't worship them? Initially I was also surprised when I came across certain Gurmukh pyaare who had a lot of kamaaee and still called the Hindus deities with respect. Probably thats why they say that more Naam and Gurbani make a person more humble. One tends to be respectful even towards non-Sikhs and those who they regard as holy. But nonetheless, on Sikhsangat.com you are more than welcome to score bonus points by insulting any personality respected in any non-Sikh (especially Hindu/Muslim) faith. The more you do it, the more "you the man"!

WSL, whether you like it or not veer, but your superior education has got to your head, correct me if I am wrong. Don't take this offensively bro, but just think over it. Each post of yours (well, most) puts down the person you're conversing with as if he/she was born yesterday. By coming off aggressively in your posts, you don't prove anything. Its just pure entertainment for the young kids on here, not educational or enlightening. Why do you think the Admin had to let you back on inspite of having put you under moderation several times in the past, and then even banning you. An intelligent guy like you is sadly an entertainer on here who feeds the anti-Hindu and anti-Indian sentiments of most of the young posters on this forum, thus the reason for your return (by the way, Weclome Back - belated).

I don't care how much insults someone throw at which deity of which religion, or which community they hate with a passion from the core of their "being", or which country they wish annihilation upon. None of my business, its a personal opinion in a free world on an open online forum, they should feel free to express. My only point is what impression is one leaving on young minds, and what kind of attitude would one want their kids to have towards other faiths? You have 2 kids you said, right? You want them to grow up hating every single Hindu they come across, or despise the sight of each Indian they set their eyes on? Agreed, it is a must to educate them on history and all that we have suffered. But how do you justify mocking those who are held as high and holy in other faiths when you can't even dream of any insult to those you hold with the same esteem?

I thank Guru Sahib that I came on this forum in 2003, when all we did was have fun. 90% of all those amazing folks stopped posting here ages ago. I wonder what if there was someone out there today, who is born to Hindus and wants to become a Sikh, and ends up on this forum, then reads what we read daily. Whether he/she becomes a Sikh or not is based on Guru Sahib's kirpa and his/her karams, but what would he/she get from this forum? A negative image of Sikhs? A hateful one? Or the kind I got when I joined? I just wonder!

Anyways, carry on with the hate and humiliation. Not going to put you under moderation or ban you (at least I won't) as it didn't seem to have an affect earlier either. If I was in your place, I'd have apologized for making fun of someone I had no idea about (actually I do that for real if not on Sikhsangat). But come on now, you are WSL, and I am not that stupid that I would expect an apology or an ounce of nimarta from you now, would I? :D

• Like 3

Whoa. Hold on there fella. First of all let me tell you that I am a breaker of dieties.....not a follower. A diety by definition is 'God'. As a Sikh I know that there is no god but god. This is not a half-hearted part-time belief. This belief is the very essence of my being. I suggest you spend a little time practising this instead of being "INCREDIBLY insulted" and hurt by remarks about false gods. A good start might be to refrain from putting the words 'Shri' and 'ji' before and after other people's prophets. You, Mr Doaba need to make a decision. Choose a religion you want to be part of and stick to that decision. Right now you're all over the gaff son. One foot here and one foot there. In the end, neither here nor there. In a pointless grey area where the destruction, dillution of your faith by the inclusion of Hindu rituals and false Hindu babas offends you less than the perceived insult to humans that call themselves god. Step out of the grey and into the light fella.

Breaker of dieties?? :strong: Loll! Sorry for respecting other religions but your palak joke was in extremely bad taste and thats a fact! Why should i stop putting Shri and Ji before and after, if thats what they are known as then thats what i will call them. Even the Giani at my local Gurdwara speaks with the utmost respect when talking about other the prophets of other religions, i suppose he is in a "pointless grey area" too hey, he must be diluting Sikhi.

I am in no way letting my faith be diluted by the inclusion of Hindu rituals and false Hindu babas. I didnt advocate any Hindu ritual or Baba.

I have chosen a religion and its certainly not the same as yours. Im a Sikh of the Guru, the same Guru who didnt agree with the teachings of other faiths but respected them and even gave Shaheedi for them. So i have every right to be offended when you offend anothers faith.

And if stepping out into the light is where people like you are, highly disrespectful, who do nindiya and who are disillusioned then ill stay in the grey area thank you very much.

You are no better then the fantical Hindus in those videos.

Waheguru...

• Like 4

Theres a lot of vaam which is prelavent with our people, Sikhi talks against vaam and rituals.

This vaam is even nothing to do with Hindusim, its just backward Indian ways.

There so much bogus vaam and pointless rituals with our people, education is at all time low.

Hardely any precharr bout it, they would rather us be ignorant keep our marn low, to exploit it to make money.

I've never heard of SIkhs practising this at all. Even in families which have been clean-shaven for several generations wouldn't practise this custom. I'm truely flabbergasted.

Oops, meant WLS, not WSL. I am sorry, I apologize.

You should be sorry. :giggle:

Look, there is something you need to understand about me. My grandparents arrived in the uk in the 1940's and both my parents were born here. I (we) have thus been British subjects continously since the year 1849. Before that we were citizens of the Khalsa Kingdom of Punjab and before that a thousand years of being the furthermost eastern province of the Persian Empire. Never....ever...been Indian. The concept of India and its Hindu religion are as foreign to me as Aboriginal sun worshipping. To me, the Indians are simply the people that illegaly occupy my nation and their Hindu religion is simply the religion that is destroying Sikhism by penetrating it and then dilluting it. You go ahead and stay close to your Indian / Hindu roots, but just be aware and respectful to those of us that have no India / Hindu roots. Other than that, I do not wish to follow your example and offer personal insults against you. The good thing about you is that your nature is such that you do not warrant scathing criticism. In that regard, you are rather nondescript and easily forgettable. A nice friendly face with not much interesting to say.

As for you Mr Doaba. You are clearly an hermaphrodite of the Sikh religion. Grow a pair of balls and fight the Sikh corner fella. I'm embarrassed even talking to you.