first kirpan experience

rrss

Not a very useful comment. You did not comment on the efficiency of the gatra strap either.

It doesn't matter if you don't think I'm a Sikh. As long as Guru ji is happy I'm happy.

Bro drop the gatra..its useless...singhs used to woear kamar kassa...the weapon is secure and can be unsheathed quickly and efficiently...gatra is for people who see the sri sahib as a symbol..kamar kassa is for those who see it as a practical weapon..the way maharaj intended

Bro drop the gatra..its useless...singhs used to woear kamar kassa...the weapon is secure and can be unsheathed quickly and efficiently...gatra is for people who see the sri sahib as a symbol..kamar kassa is for those who see it as a practical weapon..the way maharaj intended

I wouldn't go as far as to say gatra is useless, but it will wear out very fast. A leather gatra or kammar kassa would be more practical. In everyday setting when you're going to school/work a good cotton gatra is nice.

you americans are always cranky...you need to be relaxed like us englandees are :cool2:

Noooo! Californians are chillll. :lol2:

I'm just tired lol

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for sharing. So for kakkar purposes, is an Amritdhari allowed to wear a more lethally designed kirpan in a practical sheath and waist or leg strap?

I just bought belt type gatra..its much more practical and comfortable ....i think belt type gatra used to be traditional..i m not sure whose idea was to come up with across type gatra as khalistan veer said, they made it as pure symbolism as opposed to actual shastar.

I just bought belt type gatra..its much more practical and comfortable ....i think belt type gatra used to be traditional..i m not sure whose idea was to come up with across type gatra as khalistan veer said, they made it as pure symbolism as opposed to actual shastar.

These new guys did it. Blame them.

:p

bana1.jpg

4935415146_0456b7a1f2.jpg

If you look at the miyaans of old puratan shastar that Sikhs used (as big as being a khanda or as small as being a khanjar) many of them were meant to be worn on a gatra. Many were made out of cloth, but some Nihangs used leather gatre.

just get a sharper kirpan, a more longer one. drawing a weapon from the hip is pretty easy..... question. where will you be wearing the kirapan, over or under your clothes?

Gatra is actually the best if you're keeping one shastar. It could be a leather durable strap and when you need to be extra super duper tyaar bar tyaar you can tie a kammar kassa to keep it secure at whatever place you want. Gatra is security so the shaster isn't lost, especially during running.

Some people attach it to their belts which isn't a bad option but will limit you if you wear a Nihang Bana or kurta pajama

I'm just shocked at the lack of martial arts aptitude in our young Singhs. That video of the rolled up magazine is such a joke. Its unbelievable that anyone would post this video as an example of effective technique let alone an Amritdhari Singh. Singho wake up and learn some real combat. Its our duty to train real effective martial arts that work in real time fast situations. Best way to do get good at this is to practice real time fast sparring.

I'm just shocked at the lack of martial arts aptitude in our young Singhs. That video of the rolled up magazine is such a joke. Its unbelievable that anyone would post this video as an example of effective technique let alone an Amritdhari Singh. Singho wake up and learn some real combat. Its our duty to train real effective martial arts that work in real time fast situations. Best way to do get good at this is to practice real time fast sparring.

i posted it as a joke............................................................................................... -.-

it was nearly as bad as a Bollywood movie!

but i do agree with you, the martial art thing.