Why did Bhindranwala Ji have to use the Golden temple

sarab193

Hi I am new here so please let me know if my question is irrelevant or wrong but I have had this query for a very long time in my mind so kindly do not misinterpret my good intentions Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Why did Bhindranwala Ji have to use the Golden temple as a sanctuary and not places like Damdami taksal etc I mean it is a place of worship and not a place for fighting a war Isnt it???

I am really sorry if by touching this topic I m hurting anybodys feelings

The simplest answer is he didnt use it as a sanctuary, the attack was pre-planned, i think a whole year before they actually attacked. He was protecting it.

I have read in a book where it states that the ammunition had been stored over a period for 3 years prior thatthey were holding it else where

as nobody would have been so senseless to attack the Golden Temple

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

Yes the attack was planned 18 months before according to General S.K. Sinha, Dr. Subraniam Swami, Mark Tully, A.R. Darshi and other independent sources. A model was in built in the Chakrata valley in Doon cantonment. If there really had been weapons as the starter of this thread says being stock piled three years before then the operation would have been launched sooner. It must be a very stupid author who wrote the book our friend read, three years before is just ridiculous. Even Indira herself never said this. She only said that the attack was to be launched because she had apparently intercepted a letter in Sant Ji's hands regarding him planning to kill all the Hindus in Punjab on June 5th. Again if weapons had been stock piled three years before then there would have been more than the 241 militants in Darbar Sahib who gave shaheedi. As faras I know even that fool K.S. Brar doesn't give credence to this. Three years before is highly improbable. Why did the Indian state wait for the situation to deteriorate and then act? While knowing there were weapons being stockpiled in Darbar Sahib. And there must surely have been security arrangements to protect these weapons. What were they?

Mere Veeron firstly I would like to thank you all sooooooooooo much for these great pieces of information. Yeah I also feel that books are written with some or the other persons interests/ perspectives in mind and I am really sorry for ignorance but the fact is that sometimes the right books are not highlighted the way the wrong ones are, but yes it does not give me anybody rights to justify anything wrong. I sincerely apologise for the hurtful things that I might have caused or said hence would like to request you to kindly guide me the way you have this time towards the right ones coz like Guruji said that He is always with the people who are on the right. So now I am gonna be one of the pople spreading the right word (but before that I do have a few more queries in my mind) so hopefully you all will help me clarify my mind. Also just one last request do I have to start a new topic for that or can I just go on asking over here itself??????????/

Mere Veeron firstly I would like to thank you all sooooooooooo much for these great pieces of information. Yeah I also feel that books are written with some or the other persons interests/ perspectives in mind and I am really sorry for ignorance but the fact is that sometimes the right books are not highlighted the way the wrong ones are, but yes it does not give me anybody rights to justify anything wrong. I sincerely apologise for the hurtful things that I might have caused or said hence would like to request you to kindly guide me the way you have this time towards the right ones coz like Guruji said that He is always with the people who are on the right. So now I am gonna be one of the pople spreading the right word (but before that I do have a few more queries in my mind) so hopefully you all will help me clarify my mind. Also just one last request do I have to start a new topic for that or can I just go on asking over here itself??????????/

I suggest a starting point will be A.R. Darshi's book The Gallant Defender. He had an official position in Punjab at the time and investigated whether Sant Ji was a terrorist or not. What he discovered was that Indian state had demonized him. Other than that Bijla Singh Ji's articles are good and so is the info on this forum. Always ask questions. Honest doubts are there to be cleared.