Why did Bhindranwala Ji have to use the Golden temple

sarab193

the akalis did give thier support.....but they turned into cowards when the time came to face the government..

they didnt want to shed thier own blood....gupt meeting was held with indira gandhi weeks prior, they said get rid of bhinderwale and thata the only way we can return to forefront of punjabi politics...

watch from 3:20 ONWARDS>>>

they werent true GURISKHS AT HEART....no sikhi lifestyle.....that y they betrayed the panth

When Longowal's body was given the last clean-up. They saw that he actually shaved his pubic hair. On the forefront he wore a Kirpan and was a "sant" on the inside he was a pleasure lover and a fool (couldn't think of anything more colourful).

It is probably one of the unsaid and most ignored rules of Sikhi. Never ever trust a politician. Especially if they are your own. :nono:

They will just explode in your face. :<Edited>:

Does anyone have any info from the time, and present day regarding the other guru ghars they attacked during Operation Bluestars? Would love to have it.

Gurdwara Gyan Godhri, in Hari-dwar, where SatGuru Nanak Dev Ji watered his fields. This gurdwara was destroyed and in its place are shops.

The hindu organisations refuse to have a gurdwara there, they however did tell the sikhs that they can build it elsewhere. But there, NO WAY.

Gurcharan Singh Babber and Baljit singh daddu sahib waley are quite vocal about it. Actually Gurcharan Singh Babber has been very vocal out of nearly all sikh leaders.

It is interesting that the Akaal Thakat Jathedhar is silent on this issue.

gurdwara majnu ka tila was destroyed, however it was rebuilt as it was in delhi

In this video, some local people knew about it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The defenders were in Akal Takhat and surprisingly even when it was attacked before it was reduced to rubble only a few times.Descreation was an element which the Indian state adopted. Mostly when religious places are attacked they are rebuilt but it is the psychological effects which are more important then the attack itself. Mostly it was about killing the people inside. As for being blown to bits it was still hit. Gyani Thakur Singh describes in one of his kathas how he was inside when bullets hit the top and rained rubble down upon them.Others like A.R. Darshi also describe how bullets did hit the Gold complex itself. The biggest thing above all for the government was to present a picture of sorrow and unnecessary destruction and blame it all on the Sikhs.Blowing up the entire complex would just have unleashed a massive barrage of criticism on the Indian state for being unnecessarily brutal and harsh. It would instantly have exposed them. Maybe if no defenders were inside they would have "blown it" to use your expression, but because their were they were too preoccupied with them. The main concern was to attack Akal Takhat because not only is it one of the important places of Sikhi but also one which represents the Khalsa's right to political power independent of the control of any other race or religion.But I am sure there are many wise Gurmukhs on this forum who can put your doubts to rest. Your question leads to another question. If Bhindranwale truly was the head of a terrorist organisation etc. wouldn't a sniper have been effective enough to kill him? Wouldn't attacking on the night before June been effective and less brutal?

If Indira was planning to attack Sri Darbar Sahib regardless whether Bhindrawalla was there or not, what would have been her excuse to attack if Bhindrawalla had not occupied Sri Akal Takhat Sahib?

Operation Shanti, attack pakistan claim we joined them bomb Punjab.

If it was preplanned to attack darbar sahib, y wasnt the golden temple blown to pieces with the tanks they brought it? Why was it only aimed at bhindrawaleh?

Surely if sum1 was planning to attack the golden temlple they would target the main thing wich was darbar sahib

Cuz they had over 6 or 7 dozen kia from there first wave alone, they used a side alley and were beaten back ('elite' commandos) because they got shot back at; something they're not used to.

edit - Towards the OP understand that is THE capital, do you leave your capital undefended? We don't follow no 'Indian Consitution' in fact, all the 'gov.' of the commonwealth are illelegtimate and only the common law of endland applies aka no injury to life, damage to property, fraud in contract.

I been to court in Canada had my charges dropped for stupid &lt;banned word filter activated&gt; with that knowledge.

I ask you, why shouldn't he have? We do w.e the f we want. I'm gonna get this knowledge out let me put together a thread.

I found a way to simplify it, but I'll post my source material as well.

Why did Bhindranwala Ji have to use the Golden temple as a sanctuary and not places like Damdami taksal etc I mean it is a place of worship and not a place for fighting a war Isnt it???

Forgive me OP, but you seem to be confusing Sikhism with other religions. You seem to be confusing Gurdwaras with Franciscan Monastries. You're confusing the holy places of the Sikhs with that of the Christian Cathedrals or Bhuddist sanctuaries.

I suggest you go back to basics. Start all over again. This time, when you approach things approach it from the position of a Sikh and not that of a Christian. You're using a Christian's position of what a place of worship is and mistakingly imposing that foreign ideal on the Sikhs. This is a very stupid thing to do. Lets say, for example, I decided today to join a discussion on a Christian forum and ask them how they discrecrate their Churches so much by taking their hats off when they go inside. See that's me approaching another religion by imposing my own religion's ideals. They would, in turn, think me to be an incredibly stupid person for doing so.

Start over my friend. Start over.