How do you find your purpose in life?

Guest dasguruka

There is only one purpose for a human and that is to realise the Lord. There is no other purpose from the ego's perspective you are nothing more than a slave if God want's he'll make you move and do whatever he wants. Make his hukam your purpose.

If that still doesn't satisfy you there is nothing you could do that is a guarantee in life - DEATH is the only guarantee I suppose you could wait for that or follow the former of realising God.

There is only one purpose for a human and that is to realise the Lord.

One such way of course is through Raag Kirtan! :D

Am i right Consciousness Veer Ji?

You hit the nail on the head their VEER JI!!! :)

But on a serious note i am actually pro-Raag Kirtan. :biggrin2: I dont think we should completely shun the other kind of Kirtan though because it still is Gurbani at the end of the day but Raag Kirtan should definitely be promoted.

But on a serious note i am actually pro-Raag Kirtan. :biggrin2: I dont think we should completely shun the other kind of Kirtan though because it still is Gurbani at the end of the day but Raag Kirtan should definitely be promoted.

Let's stick to the topic here veer ji. I disagree with you just in the same way I ONLY believe larivaar saroop is Guru and ONLY raag kirtan can be our Guru. Period.

If you want to discuss this further please feel free to open another topic.

Daas

Consciousness

Guest dasguruka

and to the serious point

aasaa mehalaa 5 ||

bhee paraapath maanukh dhaehureeaa ||

gobi(n)dh milan kee eih thaeree bareeaa ||

avar kaaj thaerai kithai n kaam ||

mil saadhhasa(n)gath bhaj kaeval naam ||1||

sara(n)jaam laag bhavajal tharan kai ||

janam brithhaa jaath ra(n)g maaeiaa kai ||1|| rehaao ||

jap thap sa(n)jam dhharam n kamaaeiaa ||

saevaa saadhh n jaaniaa har raaeiaa ||

kahu naanak ham neech kara(n)maa ||

saran parae kee raakhahu saramaa ||2||4||

Aasaa, Fifth Mehla:

This human body has been given to you.

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

Nothing else will work.

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean.

You are squandering this life uselessly in the love of Maya. ||1||Pause||

I have not practiced meditation, self-discipline, self-restraint or righteous living.

I have not served the Holy; I have not acknowledged the Lord, my King.

Says Nanak, my actions are contemptible!

O Lord, I seek Your Sanctuary; please, preserve my honor! ||2||4||

YOU READ IT EVERY DAY!!!

Ok these answers are spiritually inclined and I'm aware of the fact that we're here to meet WaheGuru, but I'm being materialistic. I mean I've gone from a straight A student who had a bright future to having a spiritual enlightenment and I'm not the same person that I use to be. I can't even study the way I use to because it brings back my old personality (which I despise) into my head. I know that there is kirat (work) for everyone of us in this world but we don't know where. How do you know what you're doing is right? and if it doesn't matter then should I just give up and spend all the time into meditation?

dasguruka jee- where does it say in SGGS to despise urself?

where does it say to sit in meditation all day long in the SGGS?

Sikh has to do all - work , bhagtee , take the normal responisbilities as well as much seva with tun mun dhun - -all three are amust.