Whats the right***thing to do

Guest Jinder

Sat sri akal too all ok so im from birmingham uk and to cut a long story short i was invited to a family akhand paath at the gurdwara. I attended and all went well, until the dvd came. Watching the akhand paath i noticed a woman whom i know approach the bhais who was performing kirtans she put down pound and then she picked up 3pound coins and then she put 3pound coins down and she picked up the fiver at which she didnt see first i kept watching this footage angry and disgusted i could not beleive what i had just saw i spoke to my family members and they said its best not to say nothing or approach this woman and her family as she could get really hurt and the family will be ashamed i was thinking of youtubing it but at the same time i dont know what to do this woman in her early 30s born in uk works fulltime i just dont get why she would do such a thing and to top it off she is a regular at the gurdwara when it comes to doing seva ps dnt ask which gurdwara as its irrelevant

I've heard stories before about people stealing money as you described above. Also others like one about this bibi that used to steal purses in sangat. Other stories about people that do seva taking(stealing) petty stuff like butter/milk/sugar from the storeroom and taking it home. some people might think its only few pound etc, no big deal, but its still theft in my book even if its 1p and tomorrow you never know, this woman that has no shame in stealing right infront of people, she might steal someones loaded purse or something.

If i was in your shoes i'd report it to someone at the Gurdwara.

I would just leave it and let it be.

At the end of the day, why should we be judging and deciding what should be done.

Her day will come, when these little petty thefts will be accounted for and have to be dealt with.

It sounds like she's probably suffering some kind of anxiety or stress that results her to behave in such manner.

When these kind of people come face to face with lawyers and similar personnel, they usually feel that they deserve that petty little money for one reason or the other. The usually feel it is justified for them to take it in that manner, especially if it is repeated often.

I personally, wouldn't want to get involved, but it's also best to just stay out of the way of these people.

Maybe she has depression. Its hard to tell what the mental state of a person is, they look normal on top, but their disorder is invisible.

Its not right what she is doing, she may not even know she is doing it.. A lady was once shouted at and humiliated infront of lots of customers on a busy day, in a punjabi grocery store, as she had been something quite often. Not sure what she was doing,, but guessing it was stealing...but she was so nicely dressed, a middle aged woman, from a respectable family, and kept saying sorry afterwards, as she didnt realise she did it, but the way she was humiliated in front of everyone, that was very hurtful.

I feel somebody should be told with sincerity and pyar in order to help her.

If she does have the problem, her family will appreciate it as they may not know she has a problem for which she could get further professional help. If she doesnt have a problem or disorder, then i would feel it as my duty to let her know she has been spotted on dvd, then it will make her think twice next time she does it.

I remember a committee member of a local gurdwara talking. I don't normally pay attention to committee members but one of the things he said was that it was wrong to put down say £10 and then pick up £5 (so you've donated £5). It would be better to ask whoever is registering the ardaas for change than to pick up someone else's donations. Perhaps we should spread this to all gurdwaras to stop this practice?

Thanks for your replies this woman has not got a mental disorder but she recently got divorced for robbing her in laws sohna which she blamed her ex husband for and many other things also her mum beat her with a hoover when she was a little younger for stealing(seriously) she didnt notice the camera was on record as nobody was holding it but in the film she sits bak down and then she dissapears i did tell the commitee but their just as corrupt as her and her pops is a commitee member i do feel sorry for the fatty but stealing from gurus house is plain wrong oh yh her car got hit into and she didnt get insured on it i guess thats how the cookie crumbles

Oh yh it was a scottish pound note n then she picked the coins n then the fiver so it felt as if she has done this trick on many occasions i think i should forget training to be a paramedic n join mi5