Worrying Statistics

Parents are sending there girls off to other races.There is no difference since the 1700s when the Mughals used to take our women away from us.

Actually there is a difference.Back then they took them away but now we give them away.What is happing to our community?

I dont think comments like this are fair. Its not just Sikh girls marrying boys of other faiths, there are Sikh boys also marrying girls from other faiths. Heres thread from year back titled: Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls http://www.sikhsanga...ng-hindu-girls/ .

I dont think comments like this are fair. Its not just Sikh girls marrying boys of other faiths, there are Sikh boys also marrying girls from other faiths. Heres thread from year back titled: Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls http://www.sikhsanga...ng-hindu-girls/ .

I'm giving an example of girls.I personally have dealt with it in my far related family.

Has anyone met the families of these girls? I am curious to know why they would do something like this. If 15 Sikh girls converted in 2 months, what is the reason behind it? Did they get brainwashed? Didn't their parents teach them about Sikhi? Oh wait, were they discriminated against in case they belonged to one of the so-called "lower castes" ? No hang on, before attacking me, just realize that I am just trying to storm my brains ( :p ) with all possible causes and reasons for this occurrence. What is the real problem? Where have we failed? If it was a few Sikh girls, one could imagine that something was up with them. But 15 ?!?!?! And in just 2 months ?!?!?!?! What is it that they were not getting here and will get there is my question. 40% inter-faith marriages, why? Is it because the Gyani was paid a big sum of money to do so? Isn't the committee paying him well enough already? Didn't they pay for his kids education, or did they say "tusi ki karna paddhaai ke, tusi vi vaaja hee vajouna" ? Sorry but this does happen guys. 4 Sikh girls marrying Muslims, bloody hell, howcome!!!! Its not possible that those guys treated them with more respect than a Singh would, or is it? Wait, they all got tricked and brainwashed into believing that Islam is the best!!!! The parents never taught them about the Shaheeds!!! (etc. etc. etc all that I've been reading on here for 9 plus years).

Sorry for playing the devil's advocate here, but just wanted to take a different approach for a change. Think about it guys. If our brothers and sisters are leaving Sikhi, lets not (as usual) blame the others. Lets introspect as to what WE are doing wrong. I am NOT saying anything is wrong about Sikhi, but possibly a handful of Sikhs. I don't want to start about what the caste cancer has done to us, you already know it. I am not going to start about what kind of Gurdwara committees we have these days, you already know it. I am not going to start about the tactics Muslims use, you already know it. My question (similar to one I asked a few months ago: http://www.sikhsanga...uk/#entry537429 ) is what now? Where have we gone wrong? Why did we treat some of our own the same way they were treated for centuries by the "casteist elitists"?

Don't shoot me, I am just asking questions, please respond if you have answers otherwise don't bother hitting the "Add Reply". Its ok to type your rant and then close the window. I do it at times when I know the post will get "unapproved" :D .

Interesting stats. However, I do find the 40% of Gurdwara weddings being inter-faith hard to believe, that's 2 in every 5 Anand Karaj's performed. That's a significant portion, which means we would all see these marriages happening in our extended families.

What's the source of the stats and have the stats being skewed by being taken from one specific Gurdwara or region. Presenting unsubstantiated stats will just brush the issue off as an exaggeration. I am not saying we haven't got a problem with the exploitation of the Anand Karaj's by Ragi, Granthis, Committees and Families. But it would be worth commissioning a credible statician to collate some real data around this.

Interesting stats. However, I do find the 40% of Gurdwara weddings being inter-faith hard to believe, that's 2 in every 5 Anand Karaj's performed. That's a significant portion, which means we would all see these marriages happening in our extended families.

It's quite possibly true. My cousins daughter got married to a hindu the other day in a gurdwara. And my parents are always talking about how so and so (extended family/friends etc) have married outside of sikhi. From what I've heard from them, it is happening alot and is happening more frequently.