improving punjabi

NEWSINGH99

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I want to improve my punjabi speaking skills, at the moment I can speak good punjabi meaning I can have conversations with other people but I can not have in depth conversations about sikh history for example and many times I am explaning something in punjabi and I put some english in there as my vocabularly lets me down, I was watching this katha once on either sangat or sikh channel can't remeber now but there was this chardi kala bibi who was born in germany to a white family and she read up on sikhism and took amrit and she went to india and she was doing Katha in fluent punjabi, she learnt how to read and write and speak in india, I was very ashamed at this point as I come from a punjabi background and I cant speak fluent punjabi and this bibi coming from a white background has learned.another problem is some times when listening to katha at the Gurdwara most of the times I cannot understand what they are saying, I can get the jist of what they are saying but I miss the main point. What I want to do is go to damdami Taksal in India and learn how to speak punjabi fluently and be taught shud santhiya, I have been searching online but can't find any information, can you just go there and will they teach anyone, do they have set timetables etc, the reason I want to go to taksal is because all I want to do in my life is read as much bani as possible, do as much simeran as possible and learn as much as I can about our history and engage in as much bhagti as I can, and by going to taksal i will be able to conentrate without distractions soley on sikhi and nothing else, so can any sangat help me out with any details it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you