Samadhi/nitnem --- amritdharis

jio

Do you know how long it will to get into samadhi????

Lot of people confuse 2nd stage of sleep(nindra) during meditation with samadhi...atleast i know i did..lol..what a loser..couple of years ago i got so pumped listening to mahapursh divans..then i start enforcing it on myself then my 3rd old kaka had to remind- daddy why you sleeping doing patt? hahaha...i fell flat..lol..so embarrassed.. :blush2:

Usually- in meditation you go through three stages - 1. dharna. 2.dyan 3. samadhi-

Dharna- i belive 2 minutes of full concentration in shabad/gyan

Dyan- full 5 minutes of concentratation in shabad/gyan

Samadhi- full 20 minutes and above of concentration in shabad/gyan.

By maharaj kirpa now day, i can attune to full concentration for 1 hr smadhi in 2 hr session. Ratio is 50%..but its improving..!!

There are advance stages in samadhi that could only come with kirpa for example- where dyan/dhayta/dhaie becomes one- dyan(concentration itself), dhayta(what you concentrating on) dhaie(party who is doing concentration) becomes ONE, thats higher stage in samadhi..!!!

Veer "jio" jee,

It is farz (duty) to do nitnem banees for every amritdhari. There are various rehitnames/maryada that state one must do 5 bania (sri Jap sahib, sri Jaap sahib, Tav Parsad Savaiye, sri Choupai Sahib and sri Anand Sahib) at amritvela in addition to sri Rehras Sahib and sri Sohila Sahib.

Nitnem banees provide a foundation for Gursikhs and it should be priority of every Gursikh to complete these banees everyday. From this foundation we can increase our spiritual level by adding more banees i.e. sri Sukhmani Sahib, sri Asa ki // e.t.c.

Of course it is vital also to engage in Naam Abhiyaas at amritvela and as much as one can do for the rest of the day.

Samparda's/Taksal/AKJ/SGPC Maryada all stress the importance of these banees (although SGPC mentions 3 bania at amritvela instead of 5 bania) and many great Gursikhs such as Sant Gurbachan Singh jee Bhindranwale, Bhai Randheer Singh jee, Sant Attar Singh jee Mastuane Wale e.t.c.

Sant Amir Singh jee from bhai Mani Singh Taksal mentions that panj granthi (sri Asa ki vaar, Sri Sukhmani Sahib, sri Oankaar, sri Sidh Gosht, Baavan Akhri) were standard for puratan Gursikhs. However in this Kaljug, amritdharis "cannot find the time" or make other excuses for not even doing prescribed minimum banees set out in various maryada.

I do not think it is any coincidence that the current state of the panth is a reflection of the weakness in amritvela and rehit. If we want to get the chardi kala for the panth and for ourselves it is vital that we at the very least wake up at amritvela, do prescribed nitnem banees, naam abhiyaas and keep Rehit given by panj piare.

As for smadhi and other spiritual stages should not interfere with our Rehit or Nitnem. In fact, as we progress spiritually it seems logical that our nitnem banees will increase and our naam abhiyaas will increase.

May Guru Sahib bless this moorakh and other veers/bhains with Gurbani and Naam Abhiyaas.

Satguru Mehar Karan.

I be last one on this earth to do any kind of khandan mandan of maryada or nitneem of panj banis/panj granthi or das granthi or any sargun rituals for that matter. But i am against just like gurmat is- against individual dogmatic mindset/perception/notions behind the panj baniya nitnem which ultimately falls into karam kaand as sri guru nanak dev ji was against dogmatic notions of qazis who was doing panj namaza and pandits doing the same.

Gurbani is like liquid medicine, it will only take effect when patient takes mediciation fully inside not just gargle the medicine and spit it out.

This issue is quite personal for me as i have seen this first hand in my own family:

I will give two examples from my immediate family- one is following gurmat and other one is following not sure what but definitely NOT tat Gurmat. Both my immediate family members uncle and aunty have doing nitnem of panj baniyas/rehras/sohila and following gursikhi rehat- getting up at amritvela, doing nitneem/naam for past 20 years or so.

I will start off with my uncle who is actually doing panj baniyas according to Gurmat.

My uncle- He does panj banis but its not ritualistic..sometimes it takes him 6 hrs to do mool mantar and japji sahib let alone with all other banis but usually he is done with all his panj baniya within 4 hrs (no he does not hurry to displease protestant version of wrathful vahiguroo upstairs or wait get whimped by vahiguroo standing with a stick but rather loose himself in depth in love of vahiguroo). He goes deep into each pauri, each akhar of gurbani but most importantly he is honest with himself he let his consciousness flow with gurbani than binding itself to rituals/techanalities of it i.e clock, follow the rule thats it.

All panj baniyas or whole gurbani for that matter have full gyan of both sargun and nirgun and fully samarath to provide ekta of sargun and nirgun which it could take one in deep samadhi where idolistic/dogmatic notion of rehat maryada of nitnem does not apply....rehat maryada typically means is to live in constant reminder of death but once in gurbani there is stage but rehit maryada is perceived as rehat in spiritual sense itself means to free and maryada- maryada (free itself from death)..it supposed to free you to take a full dive in gurbani not bind you with sharia rules...so again perception of rehat maryada being as remembrance of death changes to perception of rehat maryada as- rehat(free) itself from death(maryada) once fully dived in gurbani..its a human consciousness stage.

One time he told me he lost himself in gyan of jaap sahib..he is amazing when he comes out from room..one can tell/feel the radiance on his face and feel the energy. One can tell gurbani cured him totally that he is intoxicated with gurbani and naturally (rather than mechanical or robotic) start showing sat gun attributes such as - dya, sat, santokh, prem, bibek-discrimantory power to filter bad from good, good from bad, gyan universal love and oneness- advait.

I think its not a strech to say that many nitnemi sikhs out there, don't even know meanings of jaap sahib- attributes of sargun and nirgun vahiguroo let alone loosing yourself in it.

My aunty on the other hand completes her nitneem in 1 hr. She recites nitnem banis as if she has to catch a train like a parrot with no concentration. Now leaving concept of surti capturing/going through gurbani same speed as tongue aside as that is quite higher state only bhramgyani could do that...the way she does her nitnem baniyas is totally dogmatic ritual/karam kaand. You can evidently and obviously tell when one performs dogmatic ritual/karam kand by the expression of their face and the way they recite their nitneem but more importantly by attributes they show to others, still pretty much same crap- victim to same panj chor, do chugliya, be superficial, hypocrite, arrogant self righteous attitude, black and white attitude, self absorbed, walk around with entitlement.

I think you will find in soraj parkash granth but once - sikhs did benti to sri guru gobind singh ji by saying- we have been reciting gurbani every day for long hours- how come its not bringing change compare to other singhs.

Guru maharaj addresses to sangat. Gurbani is like a medicine. Patient need to take medicine inside before it could do its effect. Those who have complaints blame yourself because you are actually not taking gurbani as medicine inside but rather doing gargles of medicine and spiting out. Hence, having no effect.!!

At the end, there is no question amount of karam kand dogmatic mindset have crept in sikhi, updesh given in gurbani to typical karam kandi - pandit or qazisis needed more than ever to sikhs themselves at this current time than anyone else.

We have moral duty to discourage that kind of mindset or mentality. Path of Sikhi is double edge sword, very very slipperly slope and have many land marks, if landmarks are not perceived in right manner that could itself become a road block, anything and everything could be road block. Basically, flow of human consciouness connected with gurbani in sikhi should be spontaneous and natural and fluid

In layman terms, be honest with yourself.. if you cannot witness your human consciousness progressing- diving in dephtness of gurbani and start having sat gun attributes listed above naturally and naturally rising above from panj chor while doing nitnem or following any maryada for that matter than there is a big problem.... not with the ritual itself but with your perception itself while you are engaging in maryada..there is a big problem..get up from asan, drop everything (i meant not literally) yeah drop everything, go humbly to dhan dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib to ardas and take hukamnama, if its meant to be- guru maharaj himself will destroy all the doubts inside you, free you from shackles from shariat and take you like he has for my uncle in real rehat maryada (rehat- free maryada- from death- both symbolically/practically).