Lord Indarjit Singh slams Sikh Arts and Film Festival

DailyMail

I must admit, I am not very fond of Lord Singh but got to give him credit for this...

Absolutely. It takes alot of courage and honesty for one that is part of the establishment to rock the boat, two values that are normally lacking in such people.

I'd now like a list of all the Sikhs that will attend the function. I'd like to see how any of them will in future be able to show their face again amongst the sikhs and assume a position of authority.

I just read on Teji Bhindra's profile that he is a prominent lawyer whose specialities include the topic of 'ethics'. :wow:

Ethics ? Surely his law firm and their list of clients need to be made aware of the unethical nature of the man representing their ethics ?

I must admit, I am not very fond of Lord Singh but got to give him credit for this...

Indarjit Singh has been very consistent on this issue and also on the issue of self determination (including for Sikhs).

A Sikh Federation (UK) representative recalls a meeting with a UK Foreign Minister several years ago when Sikhs from a number of Sikh organisations met the Minister as there were serious tensions bewteen India and Pakistan and the threat of war. Indarjit Singh was very vocal on his support for self determination for minorities in India (including the Sikhs)

He and others (who are seen as representatives of the Sikhs) who take a positive stance should be congratulated. Equallly when they express controversial views contrary to the teachings or practice of our Gurus (such as on the wearing of the 5 Ks) they should be condemned.