Attack on Sikh family

sweetshera

Would it be accurate to say that, within a modern context, everyone with a mortgage is in debt and therefore we should refrain from marrying our daughters to people with mortgages? I'm just wondering if one were to follow these undisputable hukams to the letter how would you realistically follow this particular hukam without making some wishy-washy excuse to work around it?

Mortgage i wouldnt say is debt, if you can satisfy the monthly repayment you are ok, debt to me is something hardcore like loan sharks , heavies takeing your tv and stuf cos you cant keep up with payments.

Would it be accurate to say that, within a modern context, everyone with a mortgage is in debt and therefore we should refrain from marrying our daughters to people with mortgages? I'm just wondering if one were to follow these undisputable hukams to the letter how would you realistically follow this particular hukam without making some wishy-washy excuse to work around it?

I think "not in debt" can be taken to mean a house that is financially stable.

People during Guru Gobind Singh ji's time also used to lease land and pay taxes of some sort, so they were also in debt. However, I don't think that is what Guru Sahib meant.

if that person is a Sikh (mona or not) some kind of sikhi does exist.
You're absolutely right. Whether someone has a full beard, or a trimmed beard, or a shaven face (with potential to have a beard after 4 days) the beard does exist, even if it is not in its natural form, or even if its almost invisible, right?

***sarcasm alert*** :D :D :D

I agree..smashing windows to attack families really? I thought sikh amritdhari mobs was a oxymoron but i guess i was wrong, they do actually exist..it seems england is Ht hole place..you will find mob fanatics of all kind who have no problem- utter threats, smashing windows, petrol bombing cars etc.

These mobs i don't care how self righteous their actions are, needs to be jailed..no place for them in civil society. Shame on them..that's not how you win hearts or get people in sikhi..!!!!

*waits for hateful pm now*