Attack on Sikh family

sweetshera

Whilst agreeing with scenarios that there could be possiblity of relative smashing windows/communist type to make us looks extermist etc but equally there is quite bit of possiblity of low level street mobs/south hall rude boyz types who hide behind sikhi garb - find some cause use sikhi bana as platform to lash out violently against anyone who does not agree with them, but most importantly the later is already reported in national media - BBC outlet said it was work of sikh extermist, and there is nothing we can do to change that news except condemn the violence collectively as sikh community if not for wider khalsa ethics do it for sake of damage control.

We need to learn from muslim community mistakes, lack of condemnation in their community against extermist/fanatics elements in their community who were hijacking their dharam, landed them in lot of hot water in the media and media attitude towards muslims at larger is pretty evident and for everyone to see. And we are happily falling same traps then we wonder why media is so bias against us? Gee i wonder, when we have leaders walking around like arrogrant fools with sense of entitlement without condemning anything- what you think its going to happen?

Each one of us who follow actually guru maharaj sikhi sidhant which is truly against senseless violence against innocents by oppressors/ extermist, needs to get up and say- these fools who use violence against innocent don't represent us or our community- nail these hooligans to the wall. They can take their low level mob mentaliy and their loyalty back to violent black rappers. They don't represent sikhs..!!

At the end, don't care if its satkar committe or jatha satkar committe or samparda's jatha satkar committe, independent body needs to be created authorized by sri akaal takth ensure there is an transparency and accountablity within these groups. All it takes one rogue extermist thought/person ruining it for everyone..!!

Overall, in this anand karaj fiasco- non sikhs knowningly/unknowingly mocking sikh traditions such as anand karaj. We gotta look at the bigger picture- biggest culprits are committe members of the gurdwara itself and lack of parchar surronding anand karaj itself not the innocent couples who are gettin married. At under no circumstances, these families/bride and groom who are getting married should be intimidated by anyone- marriage is highly emotional/special day for them but rather committee members should be held responsible - they are the one who should we enforcing rules from sri akaal takth sahib, putting pressure as sangat to follow maryada from sri akaal takth sahib, and introduce policy surrounding anand karaj in the gurdwaras.

Direct intervention from sri akaal takth sahib jathedars is needed to strike a right balance for both parties, i just have a feeling $hit is about to hit the fan..this is going to get ugly. That's not how you win hearts and get people in sikhi- any human who feels they are being pushed into the corner intentionally/unintentionally regardless of whatever intentions may be, will revolt back ugly and in this case- go totally left wing- join comrades/communist types- causing more division and hostility within community. You guys can learn from sikhs in BC how media was able to cause imaginary divide between moderates and fundamtenalist and took advantage of whole suitation why? Because simply - we let them......!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, taking our cues from hot-headed elements of the Islamic community is absolute madness. Oh well, I guess it's been coming for a while now. Like I said a few months ago we're living up to expectations and fulfilling the role carved out for us by our enemies. The fact that none of these guys can see the end-game and the manipulations being cultivated by our enemies speaks volumes. Our ill-wishers line up the shot and we step up and hit it out of the park.

Strap yourselves in for the ride, Singhs and Singhnis, it's going to be a bumpy ride. A bit like when you're driving from Delhi airport to your respective pinds in Panjab.

Although, absolute shame on the Gurughar committees for not having the balls to do their job and enforce maryada. Their inaction ferments this kind of behaviour.

Kaljugi veer,

Lets face it, we are our own enemies..time to stop acting like victims, get up from this victim mentality and actually do something to make a difference and win hearts of all. We are not even iota close to our great ancestors who were champions of all human rights and died fighting for that principle. We sing glorious history of past yet do things totally contrary of what they did... if the idea of oneness- i don't agree with what you have to belief but i will defend your right to belief until my death- sri guru tegh bahudar sidhant is so hard to fathom for these violent thugs, they should look at from different angle- their violent actions causing bigger/large implications/negative reaction against sikhs in media and its quite damaging to sikhs world wide.

n30singh and kaljugi..........you seem to both be confusing Sikhism with Jainism and Ghandism. If its a quiet little, timid little, hidey-in-the corner little, fadey-in-the background little, keepey-mouthey shut little, don't makey fuss little pacifist type religion you're looking for can I recommend the Quakers ? It doesn't have to be the quakers but what you're both saying certainly doesn't fit in with being a Sikh. Actually I'm surprised at you Kaljugi. Not so surprised with n30singh though. I've long held the belief that the man will one day join some sort of meditation cult. He or she has long given the impression of being very attuned with the sant aspect of Sikhism but extremely uncomfortable with the sipahi aspect. Someone here said he should be made jathedar. I say certainly not as that day will be the day that Sikhism turns into a religion of timid hermits hiding away on top of mountains to meditate.

I dunno who smashed the family's windows but, by all accounts, they seem to be a family who have been begging to have their windows smashed for a while now. Surely they must of realised that their getting windows smashed behaviour would one day lead to them getting their windows smashed ? If not, then they would deserve to get their windows smashed for being so damn stupid.

Actually I'm surprised at you Kaljugi. Not so surprised with n30singh though. I've long held the belief that the man will one day join some sort of meditation cult. He or she has long given the impression of being very attuned with the sant aspect of Sikhism but extremely uncomfortable with the sipahi aspect.

Me extremely uncomfortable with sipahi aspect- lol..thats a joke...i don't beleive in this new mob version of sipahi aspect in sikhi..I would rather learn from our senior gurmukhs/ancestors history than these violent black rapper loyalist in sikh garb- yo yo bling bling bang bang. There was a reason why sant(Miri) aspect comes first and sipahi(Piri).

While both sant and sipahi aspect are important. It's no secret we have totally forgotten about sant aspect in the panth (adhyatamic sikhi- sant aspect in panth) which is main layer of one's life. You look at our ancestors who were great sant/soldiers- look at their nitneem/meditating i.e- sant jarnail singh bhindranwale spent 20 years or so doing gurbani abhyas/meditating before coming out engaging in sipahi aspect of Sikhi.

There is also an similar disturbing trend of sikh youths these days - focusing and Imitating on only "one soldier aspect" of sant jarnail singh bhindranwale during Dharam Yudh Morcha. Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was pooran bhramgyani yodha. He deserves better from sikh youths. For Eg-

Why his early journey life towards santhood overlooked and not followed by youth?

Why his nitneem being overlooked and not followed by youth?

Why his life of gaining bhramvidya overlooked and not followed by youth?

Why we are only following his one aspect- sipahi of his life?

You don't have to answer in this thread..just answer within yourself.

It's from sant aspect of one's life(dya, sat, santokh, gyan, advait, bhramgyan, sam dristhi, satogun) sipahi is born not the other way around..as i mentioned earlier - sipahi spirit in sikhi should be invoked, properly controlled, preserved and nurture from sant spirit not from sheer tamogun(raw warrior spirit)..sheer tamogun makes one rakshash(ruthless killers/murderers/extremist/terrorist/rapist etc) and khalsa is none of them......!!!!

WLS,

So what exactly is "windows smashed behaviour"? If I know of a clean-shaven Sikh who grew his beard for the wedding day and wore a turban for 2 hours in the morning, would I have the right to smash his windows in? What about the families who will have meat and alcohol in the afternoon after the wedding, would I have the right to smash their windows in? What about caste/biraadari-worshipping so-called Sikh who insists his child will only marry within that biraadari, would I have the right to smash his windows in?

Furthermore, when I need to get in touch with the religious police, in order to smash someones windows in, what is their phone number? Or email?

One thing is absolutely certain. Double-glazing companies across the UK are going to be awfully busy from today onwards. This may even help the British economy out of a recession. Well, every cloud, silver lining, etc.