girl using turban

Guest sikh girl europe

Hello everybody :) I have a question, and I would love to get everybodys opinion.

I´m a sikh girl living in europe, I am not Amritdhari. Lately I have been wanting to start using turban, not everyday to begin with, but sometimes a week. The problem is that I am scared to offend other sikhs, because;

1. I am not Amritdhari

2. I cut my hair(got long hair, just cut the tip of the hair every 6th week) and I fix my eyebrows

3. I eat meat

4. Sometimes I wear revealing clothes, like i show my shoulders and the bottom of my legs (under the knee), swim with bikini

I do understand that I can´t wear revealing clothes when using the turban, but I don´t think I`m going to stop showing my shoulders and legs when I´m not wearing the turban. I might eat meat while wearing the turban as well, cause its just a naural part of my diet every day. However, I know alot of guys who are drinking, smoking and cutting their beard while wearing turban, so it can`t be any difference between a girl and a boy? I don`t drink, smoke or do drugs, I don`t walk around with boys doing nasty things. So I do think I am right in using turban, but I´m a little confused. Are sikhs or even God going to be offended by me wearing a turban?

Any help? :happy2:

Turbans are made for... Guru's Khalsa... Not for ex posers... being non amritdhari.... wear in fashion but dont symbolize it.. for sikhism.....

Ok so you want to wear dastar not for being a good Sikh but for fashion or as a symbol ?

Guys wear dastar and cut daari wear so why can't you ,2 rights don't make 1 right

I will still eat meat in dastar ,? Tommorrow you will be saying I will still make boyfriends ,do this and that , and will say yeah others do it too :o

Wear dastar or not but please don't say you are doing it for promoting Sikhs ,peoples like this can never be amritd haari or by wearing dastar you will not become good ,you are wearing it just because you saw someone wearing it and yeah I will do it to .fashion kaa jalwa :p

When I see Sikh males with dastar I think of them as normal Sikhs but when I see Sikh with uncut beard I m on immediate conclusion that they are Singh son of guru gobind Singh ji and Mata sahib kaur

And for me when I see dastar girls I immediately think they are singhniyan

You should not wear dastar as a fashion symbol

Ok so you want to wear dastar not for being a good Sikh but for fashion or as a symbol ?

Guys wear dastar and cut daari wear so why can't you ,2 rights don't make 1 right

I will still eat meat in dastar ,? Tommorrow you will be saying I will still make boyfriends ,do this and that , and will say yeah others do it too :o

Wear dastar or not but please don't say you are doing it for promoting Sikhs ,peoples like this can never be amritd haari or by wearing dastar you will not become good ,you are wearing it just because you saw someone wearing it and yeah I will do it to .fashion kaa jalwa :p

When I see Sikh males with dastar I think of them as normal Sikhs but when I see Sikh with uncut beard I m on immediate conclusion that they are Singh son of guru gobind Singh ji and Mata sahib kaur

And for me when I see dastar girls I immediately think they are singhniyan

You should not wear dastar as a fashion symbol

Correct :)

Wearing a dastar is very common in Punjab even if people have hair cuts and are in for example in public service ie police they wear a turban. So YES turban is associated with Sikhi put it is not exclusive property of Sikhs, Punjabis as a whole have much respect for the turban (well in the past, and they should also now). Also across much of Asia Turban is seen as a sign of respect.

dastar implimented by 6th guruji ,veerji have you seen guru nanak dev ji s picture ,you even dont know the meaning of sikhism i think and you are here trying to justify wearing dastar as a fashion ,yeah anyone can wear turban ,mughals too wear turban but dastar for is for good sikhs only(sikh means a person not a religion) ,turban is a sign of respect thats why some weaklinks too wear it just to tell they are respected and still do wrong ,people can wear turban ,drink ,meat ,make boyfriends,gf but calling themself as guru ka sikh ,no they are not that ,they are just like some random people ,and dastar is not for show offs ,

on 1 side there are some really good sikhs who stay away from all this wrong things and on one side there are people like you who drink srink meat and say we have right to wear a turban , :tease: , we will promote sikhism (haha you yourself dont know what a real sikh is and you want to promote sikhism,gud luck) :read: ,

a theif :ph34r: can also wear a police dress ,just to get respect around people but inside he knew that just by wearing a dress he cant be a real police officer :huh2: :happy2:

p.s. check this out

http://www.panthic.org/articles/2143

Guest Himat Singh

this is what i shall say. she is trying to take a step towards guru sahib, so we should be supporting her. phenji go ahead and wear a dastar. if everything comes later thats ok, but just remember that since you're a sikh, give it the proper respect. and i bet you'll look beautiful in a dastar

dastar implimented by 6th guruji ,veerji have you seen guru nanak dev ji s picture ,you even dont know the meaning of sikhism i think and you are here trying to justify wearing dastar as a fashion ,yeah anyone can wear turban ,mughals too wear turban but dastar for is for good sikhs only(sikh means a person not a religion) ,turban is a sign of respect thats why some weaklinks too wear it just to tell they are respected and still do wrong ,people can wear turban ,drink ,meat ,make boyfriends,gf but calling themself as guru ka sikh ,no they are not that ,they are just like some random people ,and dastar is not for show offs ,

on 1 side there are some really good sikhs who stay away from all this wrong things and on one side there are people like you who drink srink meat and say we have right to wear a turban , :tease: , we will promote sikhism (haha you yourself dont know what a real sikh is and you want to promote sikhism,gud luck) :read: ,

a theif :ph34r: can also wear a police dress ,just to get respect around people but inside he knew that just by wearing a dress he cant be a real police officer :huh2: :happy2:

p.s. check this out

Perfect :)

this is what i shall say. she is trying to take a step towards guru sahib, so we should be supporting her. phenji go ahead and wear a dastar. if everything comes later thats ok, but just remember that since you're a sikh, give it the proper respect. and i bet you'll look beautiful in a dastar

Unhe fashion lai dastar bandhni e...... hahahhaahah jede bande waal katde.... n fashion ch rende... unha lai sikhi nibhana next to impossible hunda.... ya fer koi bot wadi wajah honi chahidi............

je pagg pake sardar banya janda......... te gal hi ki c

p.s. check this out

I think you are replying to me. Well firstly don't judge me, how do you know what I do and do not do.

Also I ask you do you know what Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji looked like? REALLY? Do you even know the first thing about Sikhi? We do not believe in idol worship of pictures!

Obviously you are basing your perception on the imageof Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji which was created by Sobha Singh, an artist, his impresion is what most people think Guru ji looked like. Also another popular picture is the one commisoned by Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji from Nanaksar Gurdwara.

Did you know that the first 5 gurus wore a seli topi. It was passed down during gurgaddi. So like you asked me do you know anything about Sikhi? I don't think a dastar is a fashion symbol. However, anyone has the right to wear one as it has been around for centuries prior to Sikhi.

Also I have not bothered to click the link to the panthic tabloid website.

Also Gurpreet14 you are obviously just a little 14 year old kid so no need to respond to you. Please educate yourself then make your statements.

I think you are replying to me. Well firstly don't judge me, how do you know what I do and do not do.

Also I ask you do you know what Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji looked like? REALLY? Do you even know the first thing about Sikhi? We do not believe in idol worship of pictures!

Obviously you are basing your perception on the imageof Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji which was created by Sobha Singh, an artist, his impresion is what most people think Guru ji looked like. Also another popular picture is the one commisoned by Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji from Nanaksar Gurdwara.

Did you know that the first 5 gurus wore a seli topi. It was passed down during gurgaddi. So like you asked me do you know anything about Sikhi? I don't think a dastar is a fashion symbol. However, anyone has the right to wear one as it has been around for centuries prior to Sikhi.

Also I have not bothered to click the link to the panthic tabloid website.

Also Gurpreet14 you are obviously just a little 14 year old kid so no need to respond to you. Please educate yourself then make your statements.

Mai ki kita........ te mai ki keha.............. hm :ohmy2: i m big enough to make statements....!!