PRRAKASH OF SRI DASAM GRANTH?

Guru Granth Sahib is Guru. Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth are referred to as Dasam Durbar ji and Sarbloh Durbar ji in Nihang Dals.

Having all three Granths parkash is a not a big issue as this was puratan practice. However in the Durbar its obvious that the Guru Granth Sahib holds a superior position. The other Granths are Durbaris - very much like in a royal court of man you have the king and then his chief senators.

My personal opinion would be not to have the Granths at home unless proper and full Satkar and Maryada can be fulfilled.

ok, but you know there is a saroop of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib that was written in 1696? before Adi Guru was written completely?

If these Granths are not Guru, then where does that leave Nitnem, AMrit Sanchar? Gutkas are available with Aad Bani and Dasam bani together, is that wrong? Or if we say that the particular bani in my gutka has to be respected more, because ity is my Guru, whereas the other bani is not my Guru?

Also what are the origins of Sri Sarbloh, according to yourself?

For me, whatever Bhai Mani Singh ji did is good enough for me to follow without question.

Brother, I am not aware of the saroop you are speaking of. Can you provide a link?

Sikhs should continue to do Nitnem with the 5 banis prescribed. It includes Guru Gobind Singh ji's writings and there is nothing wrong in reciting them.

Yes, I feel that compiling Adi Granth and Dasam Granth together is wrong, because that is not what Guru Gobind Singh ji intended.

Guru ji and Bhai Mani Singh added Guru Tegh Bahadur's bani to Adi Granth, but they purposefully left Guru Gobind Singh ji's writings out. After Guru Gobind Singh ji's death. Bhai Mani Singh compiled Guru Sahib's writings into Dasam Granth, under the instruction of Mata Sundari. If Guru ji wanted his bani to be part of Guru Granth Sahib, then he would have added it himself, or at least left instructions to his wife (Mata Sundari) and the future Granthi of Harmandir Sahib (Bhai Mani Singh).

Here is a copy of the original letter from Bhai Mani Singh to Mata Sundari, giving her an update of the panth and assuring her that Dasam Bani is coming along:

Bhai_ManiSinghLetter1.jpg

English Translation of the Letter:

May the Almighty help us.

Mani Singh makes his humble prostration at the holy feet of his venerable mother. Further news is that the climate of this place has aggravated my rheumatism and my health deteriorates fast. I will have to listen to the healing parable of the tertian fever. But my illness has caused no slackness in the performance of the holy service of the Harmandar (Golden Temple). The Khalsa no more hods away over the country and its power has waned. The Sikhs have migrated to the mountain retreats. The Malechhas reign supreme in the country. There is no security for the (Sikh) children and women in any habitation. They are hunted out and killed. The opposing states have also joined hands with them. The Hindalis spy on the Sikhs. All (the Sikhs) have deserted the Chak (The earliest name of Amritsar). The Mutsaddis (priests) have also fled. So far the Immortal Lord protects me. Tomorrow is uncertain. What is ordained by the Lord shall prevail. The adopted son of Binod Singh has passed away. Among the books I sent per Jhanda Singh, there is one entitled "303 Chritra Upakhyans" by the Lord (Guru Gobind Singh). Give that to Sihan Singh in the Mahal (Matia Mahal in the interior of Delhi City). So far there is no trace of the book "Nam Mala". I found the first part of "Krishna Avtar" but not the second. I shall send it when available. There is a rumour in the country that Banda (Bahadur) has made his good escape from the Emperor's jail. May the Guru protect him. The Guru's family (the descendants of the Guru) at Khandur have sent five tolas of gold as a gift for your son's bride(an adopted son of Mata Ji, as all of her four sons were martyred already). Recover seventeen rupees from Jhanda Singh ; I gave him five rupees to meet the expenses of the journey…(?) These expenses will be incurred by him. The Mutsaddis have not yet settled accounts, otherwise I would have sent a draft from the city (presumably Lahore) . If my health improves I shall come in the month of Kartik.

Baisakh 22

Signed - Mani Singh, Guruchak, Bunga

P.S. Reply in bamboo stick. (as being confidential)

There is not much history on Sarbloh Granth. It has mostly been in the property of the Nihangs. Majority of Sikhs have never even heard of it. If you know more, please share.

Mods keep an eye on this one plz, comes here trying too be clever etc

Yeah Mods, please listen to the LION of Punjab and keep an eye on me, maybe two

I'm not clever my brother, I am nothing compared to you, I am the dust of your feet.

I found this link for you Lion of Punjab - MEOW

http://www.manglacharan.com/2011/05/chandi-pargat-hona-katha-by-giani-baba.html

.Santa Singh went to serve Indira Gandhi who had just destroyed 40 of our Gurdwaras in June 84 , murdered thousands of Sikhs and burnt the Guru Sahibs Bani at the Akal Takht and Sikh museum. All Sikhs even Congress ones oppossed Indira Gandhi only Santa Singh gave her support. How can he be trusted to give an opinion on Guru Sahibs bani?

No one is asking to revere santa singh. It is being said that raise voice against heretics supported by congress who

are proapgating against sikhs.

I am saying that Guru Gobind Singh's last hukamnama was Guru Maneyo Granth. This means Guru Granth Sahib.

Dasam Granth was compiled by Bhai Mani Singh, after Guru Gobind Singh ji's death. He took all of Guru ji's writings and compiled them into a Granth, which he called Dasam Granth. Some of the writing he reproduced from memory, as they were lost when the Mughal emperor broke his promise and attacked Khalsa Fauj. It's important to note that Bhai Mani Singh kept these writings separate from Guru Granth Sahib.

Sarbloh Granth has references to Guru Granth Sahib in it, so it was written (at least parts of it) after Guru Gobind Singh ji passed away.

Guruji states in Dasam Granth, that his writings are meant to inspire the warrior spirit in his Sikhs and teaches them moral lessons. Sarbloh Granth serves the same purpose amongst the Nihangs.

Therefore, these Granths are to be respected and studied, but they are not Guru and they should not be placed alongside Guru Granth Sahib.

Guru Maneyo Granth. That is where I stand.

Apologies if I hurt anyone's sentiments, as that is not my intention.

Dasam Granth was compiled during Guru sahib's time itself in 1698.There are two beers

Anandpuri beer and beer patna of that time.

Do not spread rumours if not aware of it.

Right, thats a really intelligent educated come back. Sarna and co are congress touts. What are the Akali party, SGPC, All Jatherdhars of Panj takhats then? Touts of BJP.

You really need to get rid of this misconception in your mind that in Hindustan everything Anti-Sikh is Congress.

Congress, BJP, Shiv Sena, VHP, BHP, Bajrang Dal, BSS, etc...are mostly anti-Sikh, some are overtly anti-sikh and some are covertly anti-sikh.

I see the Sarna Vs SGPC fight more a Caste fight, i.e. Jatt Vs Khatri....(who the extremely educated Hindu Lover Master Tara Singh labelled as Bhapay, it was him who coined that term to degrade and insult our Sikh brothers, Now HE was a HINDU TOUT)

Do you know what the meaning of Nastik is? The orginal definition of Nastik is a person who does not see the Hindu Vedas as an authority. However people nowadays in India see Nastik's as Atheist.

How are Sarna, etc Atheist?

We as Sikhs need to stop this chicken fights, which are created on purpose to divide the Sikhs, so that our attention is diverted inwards, rather than on the snake who is creeping around outside our house.

As for Santa "Chandu Brahmin", was called upon by Shaheed Sant Jarnail Singh Binderanwaley to join the cause of the Sikhs, however his concerns fell on deaf ears. It is a known fact that the SGPC were involved with the GOI.

All these Nihungs who come out on HollaMohalla in their thousands, play holi with colours like the Hindus, should hang their heads in shame, they betrayed their Sikh brothers and sisters who were slaughtered.

Let me tell you, the Sikhs which were murdered, raped, killed, jailed during the 80's and 90's were normal Sikhs, like YOU and ME, they were not affiliated with any political party, organisations, etc. They were normal innocent Sikhs, householders, business men, labourers, etc.

Brother/Sister you need to realise we are on the same side, however we need to educate ourselves on how the enemy works.

We also need to learn how to represent ourselves.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

You need to get some education on sikh history and get rid of your Nihung phobia.

Stop maligning all Nihungs in a fit of hate against them.

All Nihungs were not Santa followers. Nihungs of Baba Bidhi chand dera came marching

to Amritsar when army action was going on and many were killed by army. Baba daya singh

of sursingh was leading them.

Nihung chief Baba harianwela wale was arrested and tortured by army for his services to panth.

Numerous Nihung jathebandhis sacrificed during that time. So all did not go santa singh way.

But your sarna a known tout of congress is destroying sikh traditions by promoting atheism

of missionaries by providing them Bangla sahib stage so that they could propagate their anti sikh

agenda.

BJP is also no friend of sikhs but congress is a much bigger evil.

Yeah Mods, please listen to the LION of Punjab and keep an eye on me, maybe two

I'm not clever my brother, I am nothing compared to you, I am the dust of your feet.

I found this link for you Lion of Punjab - MEOW

http://www.manglacha...giani-baba.html

Lion of Punjab is an old member here and his panthic credentials speak from his posts.

So moderators need to keep an eye of those whose posts are laced with anti sikh sugar

coated poison.

Parkash of dasam Granth is an old traditions among sikhs dating back to dal khalsa period.

http://patshahi10.or...glish&Itemid=63

emailButton.pngprintButton.pngpdf_button.png

august-%20theodore-%20schoefft-ds-ranjit-singh.jpg

Maharaja Ranjit Singh listening to the two sacred Granths being recited near Sri Harimandir Sahib.

(A Painting by August Theodore Schoefft (1809-1888), made in Amritsar. From Princess Bamba Collection)

Note: The following is an excerpt from a book, Sketch of the Sikhs, a singular nation in the province of Penjab,written by Sir John Malcolm* in 1812. John Malcolm’s work is one of the rarest firsthand information recorded by a western historian on the lifestyle, belief systems and traditions of the Sikhs in Punjab during the 18th century .

Guru-mata

When Gurmata or great national council, is called, (as it always is, or ought to be, when any imminent danger threatens the country, or any large expedition is to be undertaken) all the Sikh chiefs assemble at Amritsar. The assembly, which is called the Guru-mata, is convened by the Acalis; and when the chiefs meet upon this solemn occasion, it is concluded that all private animosities cease, and that every main sacrifices his personal feelings at the shrine of the general good; and, actuated by principles of pure patriotism, thinks of nothing but the interests of the religion, and commonwealth, to which he belongs.

When the chiefs and principal leaders are seated, the Adi-Granth and Dasama Padshah ka Granth are placed before them. They all bend their heads before these scriptures, and exclaim, Wa! Guruji ka Khalsa! Wa! Guruji ki Fateh! A great quantity of cakes, made of wheat, butter, and sugar, are then placed before the volumes of their sacred writings, and covered with a cloth. These holy cakes, which are in commemoration of the injunction of Nanac, to eat and to give to others to eat, next receive the salutation of the assembly, who then rise, and the Acalis pray aloud, while the musicians play. The Acalis, then the prayers are finished, desire the council to be seated. They sit down, and the cakes being uncovered, are eaten of by all classes of Sikhs: those distinctions of original tribes, which are, on occasions, kept up, being on this occasion laid aside, in token of their general and complete union in one cause. The Acalis then exclaim: "Sirdars! (Chiefs) this is Guru-mata!" on which prayers are again said aloud. The chiefs, after this sit closer, and say to each other: "The sacred Granth is betwixt us, let us swear by our scripture to forget all internal disputes, and to be united." This moment of religious fervor and ardent patriotism, is taken to reconcile all animosities. They then proceed to consider the danger with whcih they are threatened, to settle the best plans for averting it, and to choose the generals who are to lead their armies against the common enemy. The first Guru-mata was assembled by Guru Govinid; and the latest was called in 1805, when the British army pursued Holkar into the Penjab.

(pages. 120-123)

*Sir John Malcolm (May 2, 1769 ‑ 1833) was a Scottish soldier, statesman, and historian. He held various distinguished posts, being Ambassador to Persia, Resident of Gwalior (1803-1804) and Governor of Bombay 1827-1830. He was the author of several valuable works regarded as authorities, viz., Sketch of the Sikhs, a singular nation in the province of Penjab (1812), A History of Persia (1815), Memoir of Central India(1823), Political History of India from 1784 to 1823 (1826), and Life of Lord Clive (1836)

You need to get some education on sikh history and get rid of your Nihung phobia.

Stop maligning all Nihungs in a fit of hate against them.

I just dislike santa singh and his blind followers.

You are right though, I do need education on Sikh history.

All Nihungs were not Santa followers. Nihungs of Baba Bidhi chand dera came marching

to Amritsar when army action was going on and many were killed by army. Baba daya singh

of sursingh was leading them.

Nihung chief Baba harianwela wale was arrested and tortured by army for his services to panth.

Numerous Nihung jathebandhis sacrificed during that time. So all did not go santa singh way.

But your sarna a known tout of congress is destroying sikh traditions by promoting atheism

of missionaries by providing them Bangla sahib stage so that they could propagate their anti sikh

agenda.

BJP is also no friend of sikhs but congress is a much bigger evil.

How exactly is sarna promoting atheism? Thats a serious statement to make. You're saying he is actively breaking people away not only from Sikhi, but from God/Vaheguru???

Congress, BJP, etc all the same.

I just dislike santa singh and his blind followers.

You are right though, I do need education on Sikh history.

How exactly is sarna promoting atheism? Thats a serious statement to make. You're saying he is actively breaking people away not only from Sikhi, but from God/Vaheguru???

Congress, BJP, etc all the same.

He gives stage to missionaries like dhundha , gurbachan panwan who preach that Naam simran

is parroting, karma is not a sikh belief, reincarnation is not sikh concept, soul does not exist etc.