PRRAKASH OF SRI DASAM GRANTH?

Also the RSS inspired types that use the Dasam Granth as a cover to promote Brahmin mat as has been exposed on this site.They attack the Shaheeds of 84 and those before including the Singh Sabha period.

The cat has come out of bag.

Nothing can be more nonsensicle other than above by a brahmin cohort. If there is one granth that discards Brahminism in the most strong language it is Dasam Granth sahib.If someone dislikes Dasam granth most it is RSS and their agents who pose as sikhs.

Shaeheds of 1984 such as Anokh singh babbar, sulakhan singh used to do 10 paths of chandi di vaar everyday.

Parkash of dasam Granth is an old traditions among sikhs dating back to dal khalsa period.

http://patshahi10.or...glish&Itemid=63

emailButton.pngprintButton.pngpdf_button.png

august-%20theodore-%20schoefft-ds-ranjit-singh.jpg

Maharaja Ranjit Singh listening to the two sacred Granths being recited near Sri Harimandir Sahib.

(A Painting by August Theodore Schoefft (1809-1888), made in Amritsar. From Princess Bamba Collection)

Note: The following is an excerpt from a book, Sketch of the Sikhs, a singular nation in the province of Penjab,written by Sir John Malcolm* in 1812. John Malcolm’s work is one of the rarest firsthand information recorded by a western historian on the lifestyle, belief systems and traditions of the Sikhs in Punjab during the 18th century .

Guru-mata

When Gurmata or great national council, is called, (as it always is, or ought to be, when any imminent danger threatens the country, or any large expedition is to be undertaken) all the Sikh chiefs assemble at Amritsar. The assembly, which is called the Guru-mata, is convened by the Acalis; and when the chiefs meet upon this solemn occasion, it is concluded that all private animosities cease, and that every main sacrifices his personal feelings at the shrine of the general good; and, actuated by principles of pure patriotism, thinks of nothing but the interests of the religion, and commonwealth, to which he belongs.

When the chiefs and principal leaders are seated, the Adi-Granth and Dasama Padshah ka Granth are placed before them. They all bend their heads before these scriptures, and exclaim, Wa! Guruji ka Khalsa! Wa! Guruji ki Fateh! A great quantity of cakes, made of wheat, butter, and sugar, are then placed before the volumes of their sacred writings, and covered with a cloth. These holy cakes, which are in commemoration of the injunction of Nanac, to eat and to give to others to eat, next receive the salutation of the assembly, who then rise, and the Acalis pray aloud, while the musicians play. The Acalis, then the prayers are finished, desire the council to be seated. They sit down, and the cakes being uncovered, are eaten of by all classes of Sikhs: those distinctions of original tribes, which are, on occasions, kept up, being on this occasion laid aside, in token of their general and complete union in one cause. The Acalis then exclaim: "Sirdars! (Chiefs) this is Guru-mata!" on which prayers are again said aloud. The chiefs, after this sit closer, and say to each other: "The sacred Granth is betwixt us, let us swear by our scripture to forget all internal disputes, and to be united." This moment of religious fervor and ardent patriotism, is taken to reconcile all animosities. They then proceed to consider the danger with whcih they are threatened, to settle the best plans for averting it, and to choose the generals who are to lead their armies against the common enemy. The first Guru-mata was assembled by Guru Govinid; and the latest was called in 1805, when the British army pursued Holkar into the Penjab.

(pages. 120-123)

*Sir John Malcolm (May 2, 1769 ‑ 1833) was a Scottish soldier, statesman, and historian. He held various distinguished posts, being Ambassador to Persia, Resident of Gwalior (1803-1804) and Governor of Bombay 1827-1830. He was the author of several valuable works regarded as authorities, viz., Sketch of the Sikhs, a singular nation in the province of Penjab (1812), A History of Persia (1815), Memoir of Central India(1823), Political History of India from 1784 to 1823 (1826), and Life of Lord Clive (1836)

In reference to the picture, how do you know those two granths are GGS and Dasam Granth?

I don't think they are, because you cannot recite two different things at the same time. That would be like listening to two people sing different songs at the same time. It would sound like a mess.

Among the books I sent per Jhanda Singh, there is one entitled "303 Chritra Upakhyans" by the Lord (Guru Gobind Singh). Give that to Sihan Singh in the Mahal

this is a school boy error always made by the doubters of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. the actual wording is "Treh Charitrar" which if you look at number terms means "3". Treh is a hindi for 3. Treh is female in Sanskrit. I cant beleive that the missionarys peddle this rubbish. They say that how can there be 404 chatrirs when it is written as Treh Charitra.

this is a school boy error always made by the doubters of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. the actual wording is "Treh Charitrar" which if you look at number terms means "3". Treh is a hindi for 3. Treh is female in Sanskrit. I cant beleive that the missionarys peddle this rubbish. They say that how can there be 404 chatrirs when it is written as Treh Charitra.

Man, that is a word for word translation of the actual letter written by Bhai Mani Singh ji. These are not my words. They have been translated by other intellectuals. If you want to doubt them, or provide a better translation, then please go ahead. You have nitpicked at just one word, and used that as the basis to throw away everything else I have said. That seems to be a trend with some people on this forum.

I posted a picture of the original letter, but it didn't show up for some reason.

I am not doubting that Dasam Granth is Guru Gobind Singh ji's bani. My sticking point is that Dasam Granth is not guru. Guru Gobind Singh ji gave gurgaddi to Adi Granth, not Dasam Granth.

Keep doing your Nitnem as is. There is nothing wrong in reciting Guru Gobind Singh ji's bani. However, we must not cross of line of doing prakash of Dasam Granth, or any other Granth alongside Guru Granth Sahib.

First of all, it wouldn't sound right. People saying two different things at the same time. Second of all, can you imagine reciting Charitropakhiyan in front of your mother or daughter? Dasam Bani is meant for the Sant Sipahi, who already has knowledge of gurbani and can read Dasam Bani in the proper context. It is not meant for average Sikhs. That is why I believe that Guru Gobind Singh ji did not include his writings in Adi Granth.

I didn't even know what a missionary was, in the context that you have used it, until I came on this forum. I have learned something. Thank you.

Man, that is a word for word translation of the actual letter written by Bhai Mani Singh ji. These are not my words. They have been translated by other intellectuals. If you want to doubt them, or provide a better translation, then please go ahead. You have nitpicked at just one word, and used that as the basis to throw away everything else I have said. That seems to be a trend with some people on this forum.

Calm down, bro, i have seen that letter and translation before and it was one thing that came to my mind when discussing this before with Sri Dasam Granth doubters. I was just posting to clear any doubt YOU or anyone else would have about it. I havent used it to negate everythinbg you have written. I was just informing you.

Nobody says that Dasam Granth is sikhs Guru. Stop making stories of your own.

Kicking and screaming till the very end...

On this forum, I have been told that since Dasam Granth is the bani of Guru Gobind Singh ji, there is nothing wrong in calling it Dasam Guru Granth. I have also been told, that for this reason, it is not wrong to do Prakash of Dasam Granth alongside Guru Granth Sahib.

Some people keep maneuvering around the fact that Guru Gobind Singh ji gave gurgaddi to Adi Granth, and not Dasam Granth. This should be the end of the argument, but I don't understand why some people keep trying to find loopholes to justify placing Dasam Granth on the same level as Guru Granth Sahib.

I think it may be because some groups are enamored with the warrior aspect of Sikhi, and since Dasam Bani is a warrior bani, it has a special place in their heart. Also, because it was written by our father who gave birth to arguably the greatest warriors the subcontinent has ever seen. However, we have to acknowledge that Guru Gobind Singh ji didn't give gurgaddi to Dasam Granth, and he purposefully left his bani out of Adi Granth. This is because Dasam Granth is for warriors. It not for average Sikhs. In Dasam Granth, Guru Sahib even says that his writings are meant to make his Sikhs brave and instill the warrior spirit within them.

No offense intended for anyone.