Sri SatGuru Arjan Dev Ji & Baba Sri Chand

Unbreakable

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh,

I was reading up on the life of Siri SatGuru Arjan Dev Ji and came across the following video and article which I found interesting.

I never knew that Siri SatGuru Arjan Dev Ji asked Baba Sri Chand for his input in completing Sukhmani.

Can somebody shed some more light on this please???

http://www.sikhiwiki...ex.php/Sukhmani

here are some comments in the youtube video section

Baba Sri Chand, the elder son of Guru Nanak, came to Amritsar to meet Guru Arjan, who was engaged in writing Sukhmani. The Guru had completed sixteen astpadis (verses) and requested that he continue the composition. Baba Sri Chand recited the salok i — “adi sachu, jugadi sachu; hai bhay sachu, Nanak hosi bhay sach." The mantra can be recited to get you "unstuck" when you are facing a block in yourself.

gurukasinghin reply to youclone

1 year ago

Correction:- Baba Siri Chand went to Amritsar to meet Guru Ram Das ji and Guru ji bowed to him in reverence and humility and it was there where the Raj Jog throne was also given to Guru Ram Das ji.While reciting/composing Sukhmani sahib, Guru Arjan Dev ji stuck on a pauri and went to Baba Siri Chand ji (Gurdwara Barath Sahib) to let it keep flowing then Baba Siri Chand gave Aad Sachu Jugaad Sachu Hai bhay sach nanak hosi bhai sach

P.S- This katha was in one of the audios by SSS j

TheSikhDharmain reply to gurukasingh

1 year ago

Never heard of this before. As far as I know Bani comes from Waheguru and was revealed through 15 Bhagats, 6 Gurus, 11 Bhatts and 4 Gursikhs. "Stuck" is just implying Guru Ji was inferior (but thats my view on the matter) nad is probably another way of saying Bani is not from Waheguru but the Guru's creation, this might as well lead to the commen trend in many Sikh's thoughts today. The Gurus were separate individuals. Physically as well as mentally. When it was Guru Nanak Dev Ji all along in different physical saroop.

• 2 weeks later...

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh,

I was reading up on the life of Siri SatGuru Arjan Dev Ji and came across the following video and article which I found interesting.

I never knew that Siri SatGuru Arjan Dev Ji asked Baba Sri Chand for his input in completing Sukhmani.

Can somebody shed some more light on this please???

http://www.sikhiwiki...ex.php/Sukhmani

here are some comments in the youtube video section

Baba Sri Chand, the elder son of Guru Nanak, came to Amritsar to meet Guru Arjan, who was engaged in writing Sukhmani. The Guru had completed sixteen astpadis (verses) and requested that he continue the composition. Baba Sri Chand recited the salok i — “adi sachu, jugadi sachu; hai bhay sachu, Nanak hosi bhay sach." The mantra can be recited to get you "unstuck" when you are facing a block in yourself.

gurukasinghin reply to youclone

1 year ago

Correction:- Baba Siri Chand went to Amritsar to meet Guru Ram Das ji and Guru ji bowed to him in reverence and humility and it was there where the Raj Jog throne was also given to Guru Ram Das ji.While reciting/composing Sukhmani sahib, Guru Arjan Dev ji stuck on a pauri and went to Baba Siri Chand ji (Gurdwara Barath Sahib) to let it keep flowing then Baba Siri Chand gave Aad Sachu Jugaad Sachu Hai bhay sach nanak hosi bhai sach

P.S- This katha was in one of the audios by SSS j

TheSikhDharmain reply to gurukasingh

1 year ago

At the4 moment i am listening to Sukhmani Sahib katha by Giani Gurbachan Singh JI Khalsa. The first mp3 files discusses this topic, Baba Ji states that the 5th master requested Sri Chand to write towards Guru Granth Sahib but Sri Chand declined out of humility. However, upon the insistance of the 5th Satguru, Sti Chand repeated his fathers words from the mool mantra.

To suggest Gurbani got stuck is the most disrespectful thing you can say about our Satguru's. Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji were God himself taking the form of human body (the bhatts clearly state this), to suggest Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji has not the ability to complete Gurbani and that it has become stuck is a complete contrast to the Satguru's limitless shakti.

At the4 moment i am listening to Sukhmani Sahib katha by Giani Gurbachan Singh JI Khalsa. The first mp3 files discusses this topic, Baba Ji states that the 5th master requested Sri Chand to write towards Guru Granth Sahib but Sri Chand declined out of humility. However, upon the insistance of the 5th Satguru, Sti Chand repeated his fathers words from the mool mantra.

To suggest Gurbani got stuck is the most disrespectful thing you can say about our Satguru's. Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji were God himself taking the form of human body (the bhatts clearly state this), to suggest Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji has not the ability to complete Gurbani and that it has become stuck is a complete contrast to the Satguru's limitless shakti.

Try telling that to Guruka Singh and Gurumustuk SIngh who make these videos, they will say you are trapped in right and wrong, etc etc..

Try telling that to Guruka Singh and Gurumustuk SIngh who make these videos, they will say you are trapped in right and wrong, etc etc..

That's exactly what they'll say...but doesn't that also stand when they make video's saying Sikhs shouldn't eat meat. I suppose it's ok for Guruka singh to decide when someone is right or wrong...he's never trapped in right and wrong?!?

Ps i don't endorse eating meat

Yes, this is what I've heard as well, i.e. Guru Sahib offered Baba Ji an opportunity to compose something for Sukhmani Sahib as a sign of respect for Guru Nanak Ji. I would think Guru Arjan Dev Ji would have been, internally, very pleased with Baba Ji that they kept their father's composition at the forefront of their mind when asked to contribute something towards such monumental bani as Sukhmani Sahib.

That's exactly what they'll say...but doesn't that also stand when they make video's saying Sikhs shouldn't eat meat. I suppose it's ok for Guruka singh to decide when someone is right or wrong...he's never trapped in right and wrong?!?

Ps i don't endorse eating meat

I this from first hand experience. They have build an entire psychological response mechanism to block off any attempts which would expose them.

Its a business for them, now yogi bhajan is dead. sorry, he is dead but according to them, he is still with them in his "subtle" body (looks like we need to call baba vadbagh singh to exorcise a ghost)

Yoga is a HUGE business, especially Kundalini Yoga. Yogi bhajan couldn't tap into the panjabi sikh market during his lifetime. Seeing the success of Baba Ramdev, the 3HO think they can emulate them.

Don't get me wrong, Yoga is not bad, I am not against it at all. Please do it as much as you want.

However using and twisting Gurbani/SatGurus life stories to justify not just Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, now that I do not endorse.

I have no problems with people eating meat or not, thats their personal wish, who am I do judge them?

• 5 years later...